Should same-sex marriage become legal?

Should same-sex marriage become legal?

There are 15314 comments on the MLive.com story from Sep 25, 2011, titled Should same-sex marriage become legal?. In it, MLive.com reports that:

Between 2000 and 2005, the number of same-sex couples in the United States increased by more than 20 percent, according to the Williams Institute, a think tank concerned with laws and public policy related to sexual orientation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MLive.com.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#16578 Oct 15, 2012
booma wrote:
<quoted text>
Friend, the very fact that you are alive proves God exists and is in fact Existence Himself. Archaeologists unearth ancient artifacts to prove people existed long before now; How much more do the people we see, vast beauty of nature, the planets, the miracles we hear of,... etc PROVE that God does exists.
He cares about you dear, seek Him out in the pages of the Bible and walk with Him closely. Thank You
That's not proof.

The Bible is not proof either.

Nobody can prove God exists.

Since: Sep 10

Las Vegas, NV

#16579 Oct 15, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be dancing around the issue, so let me ask you this way:
What if I were to say, "Jesus you can lick my love button!" and never worship him or god (I know different Xian sects have different views on Jesus' divinity.)? What would happen to me after death?

I already told you what I believe. You skipped over it to make another accusation that was acceptable to your own beliefs. However, in all fairness, you may not have grasped what I belief. As I said previously, Adventists don't believe in an eternal damnation and torture for those who are not saved. Since they cannot exist in the new Jerusalem, they simply won't exist. That shouldn't bother you, however, since you don't believe in God and don't fear what might happen to you after your body dies.
Kom2

United States

#16580 Oct 15, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
IOW, there is no real, solid evidence that hell exists.
Well then my friend, take the chance and see for yourself.

If you die not beliveing in Christ, and He is not real, then your ok. But If you die not Beliveing in Christ, and He IS real, then my friend you will have your answer.

Always remember my friend, He will always Love you. You are and always will be Daughter of God. You will always have someone that Loves you, you will always have someone there for you.

John 15:18 "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.
Robsan5

Modesto, CA

#16581 Oct 15, 2012
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on Rose...why do kindergartners need to simply be taught gays exist? That is not the purpose at all.
We need to teach other people's kids "its okay to be gay" as early as possible to eradicate that scourge of homophobia plaguing our society!
WB, you finally got it.

Robert
Kom2

United States

#16582 Oct 15, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahahah
ahahahahahah
ahahahahahah
Grow up.
Hello my friend, nice to hear from you again. I have a message for you.
Proverbs 17:22
A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

Laughing is good medicine, but never laugh at God. For it says
Galatians 6:7
Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
Kom2

United States

#16583 Oct 15, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a monster because - according to your bizarre religion - if you don't love him, he throws you in a fire.
Here on earth, we put people in prison for that.
But, then, we're more evolved than the god you folks created a few thousand year ago...
My friend, a man once said; The Bible says that God prepared hell for the devil and his demonic cohorts (Matthew 25:41), that He is "...not wishing for any [person] to perish but for all to come to repentance." (II Peter 3:9), and that He has done everything possible to save us from that terrible, terrible place. Yet in the end God will not violate or overrule the deliberate choice of those who consciously and willfully turn away from Him.
Daryl E. Witmer of AIIA Institute
Kom2

United States

#16584 Oct 15, 2012
1st Janitor wrote:
<quoted text>
And, this proves what again? Again, nothing. The fact that eternal fires may burn and worms eat does not mean anyone will suffer eternally. Certainly there will be a retribution for those who do not seek out forgiveness but it will be immediate and the persons sentenced to this end will simply burn into ash, which the sainted will trot into the new Jerusalem. You seem to like the idea of seeking an end of anguish and torment for those who do not live as you seem to believe all were meant to. In the end, you are as self serving as anyone else who says you don't live an acceptable life style as I see it there for you will face eternal torture. Luckily for all, Jesus is not so thin skinned as to seek petty victory in such a manner.
My friend, I tell you truth as I do others. As you said once "You belive what you wish."
As it says in 2 Thessalonians 1:9,
"These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord."

The eternal punishment includes there being no rest day or night in Hell for those who worshiped the king called the Beast and those who received his mark suffer (Rev. 14:10-11). The Bible teaches clearly that there will be an eternal torment for the Beast, the False Prophet, and even Satan (Rev. 20:10). Everyone not written in the book of life will be cast into this lake of fire (Rev. 20:15).

Jesus also said; "...anyone who says,'You fool!" will be in danger of the fire of Hell." (Matthew 5:22) "For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." (Matthew 7:13-14) "But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 8:12)

One day Jesus will return and Christians will be raptured. There will be many left behind that professed to be Christians but never walked the full truth.But they will be given another chance. However, to become a Christian under the Antichrist will be a death sentence. You know this, we should pass on His message so that others will not fall to the lust of sin and that of the Devil.
Robsan5

Modesto, CA

#16586 Oct 15, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, I tell you truth as I do others. As you said once "You belive what you wish."
As it says in 2 Thessalonians 1:9,
"These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord."
The eternal punishment includes there being no rest day or night in Hell for those who worshiped the king called the Beast and those who received his mark suffer (Rev. 14:10-11). The Bible teaches clearly that there will be an eternal torment for the Beast, the False Prophet, and even Satan (Rev. 20:10). Everyone not written in the book of life will be cast into this lake of fire (Rev. 20:15).
Jesus also said; "...anyone who says,'You fool!" will be in danger of the fire of Hell." (Matthew 5:22) "For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." (Matthew 7:13-14) "But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 8:12)
One day Jesus will return and Christians will be raptured. There will be many left behind that professed to be Christians but never walked the full truth.But they will be given another chance. However, to become a Christian under the Antichrist will be a death sentence. You know this, we should pass on His message so that others will not fall to the lust of sin and that of the Devil.
Kom, what does this have to do with same-sex marriage?

Robert
dman

Aurora, CO

#16587 Oct 15, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Still fantasizing about me being a woman, FAKER? So "your" kink runs to the transexual variety I see. Have fun with that.
You are still Weak. You are still Lame. You are still Just. Plain. Really Stupid.
Roberta/Robsana (now I see why you gave me a woman's name!)
Please be quiet yeast infection PAB.... Again your stupid valve leaketh over TERD.... Keep cranking out the broken record/wrist jokes.... You will always be drowning in your ignorant waste... Loosesand...
Kom2

United States

#16588 Oct 15, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Kom, what does this have to do with same-sex marriage?
Robert
My friend, very nice hearing from you again. But this post was to someone else of something we were talking about, but I have posted much on same-sex marriage. Though it does not say marry, God still says that it is not right.

“You wish you were here!!”

Since: May 09

The OC

#16589 Oct 15, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then enroll them in a bigoted Christian school. Public schools should teach public values, not your particular brand of hate.
Robert
Sigh...dismissed as a loon. Next...

“You wish you were here!!”

Since: May 09

The OC

#16590 Oct 15, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
WB, you finally got it.
Robert
Oh I have known this all along. Thanks for admitting the "gay agenda" exists in our public schools.

It feels good to be honest...huh?
Robsan5

Modesto, CA

#16592 Oct 15, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, very nice hearing from you again. But this post was to someone else of something we were talking about, but I have posted much on same-sex marriage. Though it does not say marry, God still says that it is not right.
Kom, where in your bible does "god says it is not right"?
Adding to the bible is a sin. Proverbs 30:6.

Robert
Robsan5

Modesto, CA

#16593 Oct 15, 2012
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I have known this all along. Thanks for admitting the "gay agenda" exists in our public schools.
It feels good to be honest...huh?
Yup. The "gay agenda" is for equal acceptance, just like the "african-american agenda", the "woman agenda", the "Hispanic agenda" and the "handicapped agenda".
Care to explain what your "bigot agenda" is?

Robert

Since: Oct 12

Abuja, Nigeria

#16594 Oct 15, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that I am alive proves my parents had sex...nothing more, nothing less.
None of what you posted proves that any god has ever existed.
OK Dear, who created the order of sex, creation, the planetary system and its balance, the galaxies etc.? Someone Greater must be the Originator of these; randomness can't bring these into place. Please consider God is REAL and wants to have a relationship with you through Jesus. Thanks You

Abuja, Nigeria

#16595 Oct 15, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
What does your religious views have to do with the subject of legalizing same-sex marriage? Should your religious beliefs control the lives of other Americans who do not have the same beliefs as you?
Robert
Your country is prosperous because of your ancestors who followed and served God, had they legalized such laws centuries back in America; USA would have been no where by now. Such laws open up the door for more evil and later on, destruction,
Thank You Robert
Sunny

Abuja, Nigeria

#16596 Oct 15, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
And if I don't accept that invitation? Eternal torture?
If some regular guy said something like that to me, I'd think he was creepy and dangerous. I'd warn him to stay away.
Please Dear, God is not out to destroy you but to save you from the coming destruction, He is on your side!
The Devil, fully aware of the consequences rebelled against God and afterwards went into deceiving God Loved ones (Humans Beings) so that they too would rebel against God and face the same eternal punishment as him. That's why God sacrificed Jesus for us to be saved and be free from evil's hold FOREVER. Please accept God's Love Offer to You, by calling unto Jesus to save you
Thank You
Sunny
Robsan5

Modesto, CA

#16597 Oct 15, 2012
dman wrote:
<quoted text> Please be quiet yeast infection PAB.... Again your stupid valve leaketh over TERD.... Keep cranking out the broken record/wrist jokes.... You will always be drowning in your ignorant waste... Loosesand...
Still looking for "your" point, FAKER? Have you looked in "your" closet?

You are Weak. You are Lame. You are Just. Plain. Really Stupid.

Roberta/Robsana (just for you, Terminal No Point disease boy!)

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#16598 Oct 15, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then my friend, take the chance and see for yourself.
If you die not beliveing in Christ, and He is not real, then your ok. But If you die not Beliveing in Christ, and He IS real, then my friend you will have your answer.
Jesus Insurance? Really?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#16599 Oct 15, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, a man once said; The Bible says that God prepared hell for the devil and his demonic cohorts (Matthew 25:41), that He is "...not wishing for any [person] to perish but for all to come to repentance." (II Peter 3:9), and that He has done everything possible to save us from that terrible, terrible place. Yet in the end God will not violate or overrule the deliberate choice of those who consciously and willfully turn away from Him.
Daryl E. Witmer of AIIA Institute
...and - for reasons no one can explain - he'll throw you in a lake of fire because, you know, he just can.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News North Carolina's rush to bigotry 3 min woodtick57 1,829
News Judge: California police targeted gays in sting... 28 min Strange Architecture 2
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr Redeemed 4,059
News Mississippi Governor Signs Law Allowing Busines... 1 hr woodtick57 369
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr lides 34,223
News The Latest: Kasich calls for balance on gay rig... 2 hr Three Days 12
News Long Beach Judge Throws Out Arrest Of Man Accus... 3 hr Belles Echoes 3
More from around the web