Should same-sex marriage become legal?

Sep 25, 2011 Full story: MLive.com 15,277

Between 2000 and 2005, the number of same-sex couples in the United States increased by more than 20 percent, according to the Williams Institute, a think tank concerned with laws and public policy related to sexual orientation.

Full Story

Since: Mar 07

United States

#16554 Oct 14, 2012
booma wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank You Dear, studying more of the New Testament will help me know God Better; that I'll do (You can pls join me)
A great many gay people have already accepted Jesus, despite the hatred, distrust, and vilification heaped on them by people who claim to be His followers. But it hasn't changed a one of them form gay to straight.

That's because being gay IS god's plan for them.

If you don't like that God creates so many gay folks, then you really need to complain to Him.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#16555 Oct 14, 2012
booma wrote:
God created the man for the woman and the woman for the man, if u are always sexually attracted to your gender, call on Jesus; He'll set you free and make you the best you could ever be
There is not now, nor has there ever been, any proof that any god has ever existed.

Gays and lesbians are fine just the way they are and don't need to change.

Since: Aug 11

Santa Cruz, CA

#16556 Oct 14, 2012
booma wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank You Dear, studying more of the New Testament will help me know God Better; that I'll do (You can pls join me)
That won't un-gay you no matter how much you study. Besides, the New Testament is very limited in scope. If you fail to understand how the people who wrote the Hebrew Scripture practiced their religion, the New Testament is meaningless.

Since: Sep 10

United States

#16557 Oct 14, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, love me and worship me or I'll kill you.
Sounds like a protection scheme to me.
Again, no where did Jesus say anything like that. He came to tell all to divorce themselves from the tortures of the world and to be happy with whatever they were given in life, waiting for the reward they would receive in the new Jerusalem. Men made the hell of eternal damnation to scare people into doing whatever they were directed by their ruling class. I didn't fear death before I was a Christian and have no reason to fear it now. I look forward to that day, because I know I will never die in the new Jerusalem. I don't see the problem here.

United States

#16558 Oct 14, 2012
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
I already told you. Legalizing gay marriage further opens the door for you and your friends to teach your perverted ideas about sexuality to other people's kids.
Your thinking is the perverted variety. You don't teach children to be gay. You're either gay or you're not and gays don't engage in any sex that straights don't frequently engage in.

United States

#16559 Oct 14, 2012
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
Its strange to read this from you based on your previous posts. Salvation from what?
Why do you say that? Because I'm not a homophobic like you? It may surprise you but not all Christians are as filled with this animosity you are possessed with.
dman

Aurora, CO

#16560 Oct 14, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Cute paste repeat"?!? Well, thanks for saying my posts are "cute", but "your" still an idiot.
"Your" Terminal No Point disease is invading "your" brain.
You are Weak. You are Lame. You are Just. Plain. Really Stupid.
Roberta/Robsana (just for you, closet gay anal sex lover boy!)
Well when your bra and dresses don't do the job TRY... to be something else... Glue sniffing loser.... Keep trying loosebowels.... Flush on the stupid valve...(Its gushing and overflooding you right now)...:) Typical FAB,WAB.SAB... Hilarious...:)
Robsan5

United States

#16562 Oct 14, 2012
dman wrote:
<quoted text> Well when your bra and dresses don't do the job TRY... to be something else... Glue sniffing loser.... Keep trying loosebowels.... Flush on the stupid valve...(Its gushing and overflooding you right now)...:) Typical FAB,WAB.SAB... Hilarious...:)
Still fantasizing about me being a woman, FAKER? So "your" kink runs to the transexual variety I see. Have fun with that.

You are still Weak. You are still Lame. You are still Just. Plain. Really Stupid.

Roberta/Robsana (now I see why you gave me a woman's name!)

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#16563 Oct 14, 2012
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
I already told you. Legalizing gay marriage further opens the door for you and your friends to teach your perverted ideas about sexuality to other people's kids.

What is being taught to kids is not dependent on the legal status of gay marriage.

And why are you against children knowing that some people are attracted to members of the same sex? After all, some of those children are gay. Don't you think it's better they know there are other people like them?

Los Angeles, CA

#16564 Oct 14, 2012
booma wrote:
God created the man for the woman and the woman for the man, if u are always sexually attracted to your gender, call on Jesus; He'll set you free and make you the best you could ever be
Jesus had two dads. He turned out OK.

Los Angeles, CA

#16565 Oct 14, 2012
1st Janitor wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, no where did Jesus say anything like that. He came to tell all to divorce themselves from the tortures of the world and to be happy with whatever they were given in life, waiting for the reward they would receive in the new Jerusalem. Men made the hell of eternal damnation to scare people into doing whatever they were directed by their ruling class. I didn't fear death before I was a Christian and have no reason to fear it now. I look forward to that day, because I know I will never die in the new Jerusalem. I don't see the problem here.
You seem to be dancing around the issue, so let me ask you this way:
What if I were to say, "Jesus you can lick my love button!" and never worship him or god (I know different Xian sects have different views on Jesus' divinity.)? What would happen to me after death?

Since: Oct 12

Abuja, Nigeria

#16566 Oct 14, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
There is not now, nor has there ever been, any proof that any god has ever existed.
Gays and lesbians are fine just the way they are and don't need to change.
Friend, the very fact that you are alive proves God exists and is in fact Existence Himself. Archaeologists unearth ancient artifacts to prove people existed long before now; How much more do the people we see, vast beauty of nature, the planets, the miracles we hear of,... etc PROVE that God does exists.
He cares about you dear, seek Him out in the pages of the Bible and walk with Him closely. Thank You

Abuja, Nigeria

#16567 Oct 14, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus had two dads. He turned out OK.
Dear, whatever you say about Jesus will NEVER change the fact that He (Jesus) Loves You and would like you to submit to His Lordship so He'll make you the BEST God made you to be. Pls accept His invitation NOW while there is still time. Pleasure

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#16568 Oct 14, 2012
booma wrote:
<quoted text>
Friend, the very fact that you are alive proves God exists and is in fact Existence Himself. Archaeologists unearth ancient artifacts to prove people existed long before now; How much more do the people we see, vast beauty of nature, the planets, the miracles we hear of,... etc PROVE that God does exists.
He cares about you dear, seek Him out in the pages of the Bible and walk with Him closely. Thank You
The fact that I am alive proves my parents had sex...nothing more, nothing less.

None of what you posted proves that any god has ever existed.
Robsan5

United States

#16569 Oct 14, 2012
booma wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear, whatever you say about Jesus will NEVER change the fact that He (Jesus) Loves You and would like you to submit to His Lordship so He'll make you the BEST God made you to be. Pls accept His invitation NOW while there is still time. Pleasure
What does your religious views have to do with the subject of legalizing same-sex marriage? Should your religious beliefs control the lives of other Americans who do not have the same beliefs as you?

Robert

Los Angeles, CA

#16570 Oct 14, 2012
booma wrote:
<quoted text>
And if I don't accept that invitation? Eternal torture?
If some regular guy said something like that to me, I'd think he was creepy and dangerous. I'd warn him to stay away.

Location hidden

#16571 Oct 14, 2012
I hate how every gay marriage topic ends up at religion.

Religious marriage was seperated from civil marriage in 1964. This should not be an issue, but if you would like to press the bible issue here you go.

Leviticus condemns homosexuality. It was written 500 years before the time of Christ (footnote: Christ never said a word about homosexuality) and was designed and redesigned by Hebrew priests and it condemned many other things that don't make sense when held in context with today's society. It was mostly a hygiene book.

Corinthians, Romans, and Timothy condemn homosexuality. In fact, it wa written by ancient Greeks, who, at the time of writing, did not have a word for homosexuality, which proves that the bible was rewritten over and over again to suit the needs of men.

That about covers it. Did I miss anything?

“You wish you were here!!”

Since: May 09

The OC

#16574 Oct 14, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like she said: still looking for a good argument against same-sex marriage, but there isn't one. I take it you would like to teach YOUR perverted ideas about sexuality to other people's kids?
Robert
Nope...just my kids. ;}

“You wish you were here!!”

Since: May 09

The OC

#16575 Oct 15, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
What is being taught to kids is not dependent on the legal status of gay marriage.
And why are you against children knowing that some people are attracted to members of the same sex? After all, some of those children are gay. Don't you think it's better they know there are other people like them?
Come on Rose...why do kindergartners need to simply be taught gays exist? That is not the purpose at all.

We need to teach other people's kids "its okay to be gay" as early as possible to eradicate that scourge of homophobia plaguing our society!

Since: Mar 07

United States

#16576 Oct 15, 2012
booma wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that is NOT proof God exists. You are making a circular argument, there.

God's existence in a matter of faith, not of fact or proof.

That does not make God any less real, mind you. But you don't need to inflate the factual evidence for God, either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Critics Claim Religious Freedom Act Legalizes B... 5 min Jesus Latter Day ... 36
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 7 min subject_a2 26,791
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 15 min Wondering 5,747
Transgender Woman Featured in New Television Ca... 17 min Jesus Latter Day ... 45
Supreme Court allows gay marriage to proceed in... 18 min RalphB 27
Studies Show Voters Can Be Swayed on Gay Marria... 19 min Rainbow Cupid 14
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 20 min Wondering 5,060
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 3 hr KiMerde 2,910
More from around the web