Should same-sex marriage become legal?

Sep 25, 2011 Full story: MLive.com 15,277

Between 2000 and 2005, the number of same-sex couples in the United States increased by more than 20 percent, according to the Williams Institute, a think tank concerned with laws and public policy related to sexual orientation.

Full Story
Kom2

United States

#16514 Oct 11, 2012
1st Janitor wrote:
<quoted text>
No where did I say I didn't believe in Satan. You, as most do, assume this because you cannot find a good argument. I never said people wouldn't know the fires of Hell, but that they would not spend eternity in torment. I believe they will be subjected to the fire but that they will burn up and be gone and never know the paradise that awaits those who repent and ask forgiveness. We may see things differently but you are the only one of the two of us who assumes you know without doubt that this end will be for those.
My friend, I never said that you did not belive that Satan was real. What I said was that it is his greatest trick to trick people into beliveing he is not real. You have great knowledge on knowing of what the Bible speaks, but forget not where it says in

Isaiah 34:8-10, For the Lord has a day of vengeance,
A year of recompense for the cause of Zion.
9 Its streams will be turned into pitch,
And its loose earth into brimstone,
And its land will become burning pitch.
10 It will not be quenched night or day;
Its smoke will go up forever.
From generation to generation it will be desolate;
None will pass through it forever and ever.

Isaiah 66:24,“And they will go out and look on the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; the worms that eat them will not die, the fire that burns them will not be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind.”

Mark 9:48, Where the worms that eat them do not die, and the fire is not quenched.
Kom2

United States

#16515 Oct 11, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
"Love me or burn in hell"
Yeah, your god is a monster....
My friend, People choose not to go to heaven, they express this choice by committing sins.

You say God is a monster because He gives people the gift of freewill and people use this gift to choose Hell over Heaven.

Let me show you the Love that He has for YOU,

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Romans 5:8 But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Ephesians 2:4-5 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, evenwhen we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ— by grace you have been saved.

1 John 3:1 See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

And much more.. How do you call Him a monster if He gave you life, He Forgives you every time you make a mistake, He cries with and for you and He DIED for you.

Is the one who died for you a monster? Or are the ones that killed Him the monsters?
UKLad

Woking, UK

#16516 Oct 11, 2012
No Way. Marriage as a concept was developed to offer a stable enviroment for children to be brought up in their young years to assist to help their personal development. Carpet munchers and shirt lifters cant have children naturally so do not need this legal protection. Men spread the seed and women are designed to catch that seed. No amount of bum humping or muff muching will produce a child. This pursuit of equality is nothing but a pipe dream normally associated with socialism or communism. If gays want this go to a lawyer and have a contract made individually.
dman

Aurora, CO

#16517 Oct 11, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
How very true.
If church charged admission would people still go? Please answer with great importance.
Robsan5

United States

#16518 Oct 11, 2012
UKLad wrote:
No Way. Marriage as a concept was developed to offer a stable enviroment for children to be brought up in their young years to assist to help their personal development. Carpet munchers and shirt lifters cant have children naturally so do not need this legal protection. Men spread the seed and women are designed to catch that seed. No amount of bum humping or muff muching will produce a child. This pursuit of equality is nothing but a pipe dream normally associated with socialism or communism. If gays want this go to a lawyer and have a contract made individually.
Where did you get this stuff from?!? Marriage was and is about property rights.
You need to read a newspaper. Same-sex marriage is legal in several countries and states.

Robert

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#16519 Oct 11, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, There have been many accounts of people who have said that they have gone to Hell and back. Although some maybe true, others are not. It is why you must becareful with this, because Satan tricks and brings people to fall. The video that I posted is of a girl who died for 23 hours and Jesus showed her Heaven and Hell, so that when she returned she could tell people of the truth that awaits us.
There is not much proof outside of the Bible for Hell nor Heaven, but there is much proof of the events of the Bible to be true and of God being real. The video that I posted is something that may be real, but may also be false. By the way she speaks of what she saw, sounds to be what the Bible speaks of and more. You watch it if you want but be warned that it will be hard to watch.
IOW, there is no real, solid evidence that hell exists.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#16520 Oct 11, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, There have been many accounts of people who have said that they have gone to Hell and back. Although some maybe true, others are not. It is why you must becareful with this, because Satan tricks and brings people to fall. The video that I posted is of a girl who died for 23 hours and Jesus showed her Heaven and Hell, so that when she returned she could tell people of the truth that awaits us.
There is not much proof outside of the Bible for Hell nor Heaven, but there is much proof of the events of the Bible to be true and of God being real. The video that I posted is something that may be real, but may also be false. By the way she speaks of what she saw, sounds to be what the Bible speaks of and more. You watch it if you want but be warned that it will be hard to watch.
hahahahah
ahahahahahah
ahahahahahah

Grow up.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#16521 Oct 11, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, People choose not to go to heaven, they express this choice by committing sins.
You say God is a monster because He gives people the gift of freewill and people use this gift to choose Hell over Heaven.
Let me show you the Love that He has for YOU,
John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Romans 5:8 But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Ephesians 2:4-5 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, evenwhen we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ— by grace you have been saved.
1 John 3:1 See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
And much more.. How do you call Him a monster if He gave you life, He Forgives you every time you make a mistake, He cries with and for you and He DIED for you.
Is the one who died for you a monster? Or are the ones that killed Him the monsters?
Human sacrifice is barbaric.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#16522 Oct 11, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, People choose not to go to heaven, they express this choice by committing sins.
You say God is a monster because He gives people the gift of freewill and people use this gift to choose Hell over Heaven.
Let me show you the Love that He has for YOU,
John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Romans 5:8 But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Ephesians 2:4-5 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, evenwhen we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ— by grace you have been saved.
1 John 3:1 See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
And much more.. How do you call Him a monster if He gave you life, He Forgives you every time you make a mistake, He cries with and for you and He DIED for you.
Is the one who died for you a monster? Or are the ones that killed Him the monsters?
He is a monster because - according to your bizarre religion - if you don't love him, he throws you in a fire.

Here on earth, we put people in prison for that.

But, then, we're more evolved than the god you folks created a few thousand year ago...

Since: Sep 10

Whittier, CA

#16523 Oct 12, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, I never said that you did not belive that Satan was real. What I said was that it is his greatest trick to trick people into beliveing he is not real. You have great knowledge on knowing of what the Bible speaks, but forget not where it says in
Isaiah 34:8-10, For the Lord has a day of vengeance,
A year of recompense for the cause of Zion.
9 Its streams will be turned into pitch,
And its loose earth into brimstone,
And its land will become burning pitch.
10 It will not be quenched night or day;
Its smoke will go up forever.
From generation to generation it will be desolate;
None will pass through it forever and ever.
Isaiah 66:24,“And they will go out and look on the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; the worms that eat them will not die, the fire that burns them will not be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind.”
Mark 9:48, Where the worms that eat them do not die, and the fire is not quenched.
And, this proves what again? Again, nothing. The fact that eternal fires may burn and worms eat does not mean anyone will suffer eternally. Certainly there will be a retribution for those who do not seek out forgiveness but it will be immediate and the persons sentenced to this end will simply burn into ash, which the sainted will trot into the new Jerusalem. You seem to like the idea of seeking an end of anguish and torment for those who do not live as you seem to believe all were meant to. In the end, you are as self serving as anyone else who says you don't live an acceptable life style as I see it there for you will face eternal torture. Luckily for all, Jesus is not so thin skinned as to seek petty victory in such a manner.

Since: Sep 10

Whittier, CA

#16524 Oct 12, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, I never said that you did not belive that Satan was real. What I said was that it is his greatest trick to trick people into beliveing he is not real. You have great knowledge on knowing of what the Bible speaks, but forget not where it says in
Isaiah 34:8-10, For the Lord has a day of vengeance,
A year of recompense for the cause of Zion.
9 Its streams will be turned into pitch,
And its loose earth into brimstone,
And its land will become burning pitch.
10 It will not be quenched night or day;
Its smoke will go up forever.
From generation to generation it will be desolate;
None will pass through it forever and ever.
Isaiah 66:24,“And they will go out and look on the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; the worms that eat them will not die, the fire that burns them will not be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind.”
Mark 9:48, Where the worms that eat them do not die, and the fire is not quenched.
By the way, your statement was, The Devil's greatest trick was to convince people that he was not real, do not be tricked. It would appear that was exactly what you said I believed, if one takes that statement at it's face value. And, it has nothing to do with the manufactured delusion foisted off on mankind by a vindictive hierarchy of the religious establishment of the middle ages that those who do not conform to traditional accepted life styles will end up suffering eternal torment in some pit of excruciating tortures.

Since: Sep 10

Whittier, CA

#16525 Oct 12, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, There have been many accounts of people who have said that they have gone to Hell and back. Although some maybe true, others are not. It is why you must becareful with this, because Satan tricks and brings people to fall. The video that I posted is of a girl who died for 23 hours and Jesus showed her Heaven and Hell, so that when she returned she could tell people of the truth that awaits us.
There is not much proof outside of the Bible for Hell nor Heaven, but there is much proof of the events of the Bible to be true and of God being real. The video that I posted is something that may be real, but may also be false. By the way she speaks of what she saw, sounds to be what the Bible speaks of and more. You watch it if you want but be warned that it will be hard to watch.
Oh, please. The fact that you would offer this example of theatrics as even the rudimentary argument for Hell and eternal damnation if nothing but a weak attempt at saying I told you so. People have been talking of dieing and going to hell as long and as often as those who claim to have died and gone to heaven. That someone might have researched scripture to illustrate their claims with realistic detail is only an example of how some will go to great lengths to prove their story. And, that you believe it is only more proof that we see what we wish to see and refuse to see anything we do not.

Since: Sep 10

Whittier, CA

#16526 Oct 12, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Human sacrifice is barbaric.
Indeed it is. And, Jesus was the one subjected to this. And, it was carried out by men. Men are traditionally barbaric. This would be hard to deny, considering what men have done through out history, all the evidence that man is a cruel and inhumane creature is there. Jesus offered a way to salvation from sin by accepting his sacrifice. You can deny this, or even the idea that he existed at all, as many do. But, not all who follow his teachings believe Jesus was the Old Testament God of vengeance that the zealots and self righteous promote.

Since: Sep 10

Whittier, CA

#16527 Oct 12, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a monster because - according to your bizarre religion - if you don't love him, he throws you in a fire.
Here on earth, we put people in prison for that.
But, then, we're more evolved than the god you folks created a few thousand year ago...
I'm a follower of this monster you speak of. Jesus was a man of peace who asked all to love, as he loved all of us, to turn the other cheek, to forgive those who abused you, those who spitefully used you, and to return love for hate. He even said to love your enemies, as anyone could love your friends but only a true follower of his could love those who would strike you down. I did not know we imprisoned people for not loving someone, though you are correct that men did imprison those who were seen as deviants and perverts. But, again, these were the actions taken by human beings against other human beings and that only proves that people will traditionally seek a holier than thou explanation for their very human actions.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#16528 Oct 12, 2012
1st Janitor wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed it is. And, Jesus was the one subjected to this. And, it was carried out by men. Men are traditionally barbaric. This would be hard to deny, considering what men have done through out history, all the evidence that man is a cruel and inhumane creature is there. Jesus offered a way to salvation from sin by accepting his sacrifice. You can deny this, or even the idea that he existed at all, as many do. But, not all who follow his teachings believe Jesus was the Old Testament God of vengeance that the zealots and self righteous promote.
Sounds like a protection scheme to me.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#16529 Oct 12, 2012
1st Janitor wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a follower of this monster you speak of. Jesus was a man of peace who asked all to love, as he loved all of us, to turn the other cheek, to forgive those who abused you, those who spitefully used you, and to return love for hate. He even said to love your enemies, as anyone could love your friends but only a true follower of his could love those who would strike you down. I did not know we imprisoned people for not loving someone, though you are correct that men did imprison those who were seen as deviants and perverts. But, again, these were the actions taken by human beings against other human beings and that only proves that people will traditionally seek a holier than thou explanation for their very human actions.
In the buy-bull, god orders the torture death of a man because he picked up sticks on a Saturday.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#16530 Oct 12, 2012
Still looking for a good argument against gay marriage. There just isn't one.
Robsan5

Concord, CA

#16531 Oct 12, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
Still looking for a good argument against gay marriage. There just isn't one.
Nope.

Robert
dman

Aurora, CO

#16532 Oct 12, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
Robert
Crack pipe empty already.....(lol)... PAB... Your nees must be worn out WAB...

“What happened to adventure?”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#16533 Oct 12, 2012
I personally cannot see anything wrong with two people wanting to celebrate their love for each other by marrying.

I can't believe this is still a debatable subject in this day and age.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 9 min eyeful 2,878
Bill Would Let Michigan Doctors, EMTs Refuse To... 19 min Lawrence Wolf 162
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 20 min Gunther 68,521
Critics Claim Religious Freedom Act Legalizes B... 29 min L Craig s Hush Pu... 12
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 29 min Terra Firma 5,651
Obama calls on women only at news conference 32 min L Craig s Hush Pu... 14
The NE Jade Sunday Afternoon Thread 33 min Normal Decent Hetero 3
Supreme Court allows gay marriage to proceed in... 47 min WeTheSheeple 16
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 1 hr WeTheSheeple 5,039
More from around the web