Should same-sex marriage become legal?

Should same-sex marriage become legal?

There are 15311 comments on the MLive.com story from Sep 25, 2011, titled Should same-sex marriage become legal?. In it, MLive.com reports that:

Between 2000 and 2005, the number of same-sex couples in the United States increased by more than 20 percent, according to the Williams Institute, a think tank concerned with laws and public policy related to sexual orientation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MLive.com.

Since: Sep 10

United States

#16480 Oct 6, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not your friend and your god is evil.
No one chooses to burn for all eternity in a lake of fire - seriously, you sound psychotic. If your god is real and hell is real then it is, in fact, your god that consigns people to eternal suffering.
Your god = evil.
God consigns no one to eternal suffering. He provides an opportunity to spend eternity in the paradise of the New Jerusalem. If you do not seek your salvation you won't be burned forever in a sea of fire. You simply won't exist in the paradise the saved will share with Jesus.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#16481 Oct 6, 2012
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
It's right next to the passage that says men can't marry animals. Oh wait...it doesn't say that directly. You and your dog are safe but it does say you can't have sex (Lev 18:23). Kind of spoils the honeymoon...eh?
It Buy-bull says both the man and the dog would have to be put to death.

Leviticus 20:15
"And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast."
verykinky

Colorado Springs, CO

#16482 Oct 6, 2012
I have a question I've posed several times and never received an answer. What does your God have to do with our government?
Martinez.

Haslet, TX

#16483 Oct 7, 2012
verykinky wrote:
I have a question I've posed several times and never received an answer. What does your God have to do with our government?
absolutely nothing. People are just using religion as an excuse to escape reality.
gay marriage, marriage, its the same thing. As long as you love one another, you should have the right to publicly be known as a "married couple"
These homophobic retards are just scared of the fact of gays being happy.
To gay marriage, youve got my support.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#16484 Oct 7, 2012
verykinky wrote:
Nothing at all.
You happy now?

“You wish you were here!!”

Since: May 09

The OC

#16485 Oct 7, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
It Buy-bull says both the man and the dog would have to be put to death.
Leviticus 20:15
"And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast."
Hmmm...I guess that makes it pretty clear how God feels about the matter.
Robsan5

Springfield, NJ

#16486 Oct 8, 2012
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's how god used to feel about the matter. Or don't you believe that Jesus fulfilled the Old Testament?
And we're still waiting for you to explain why your religious beliefs should control the lives of other Americans who don't share your religious beliefs.

Robert
verykinky

Colorado Springs, CO

#16487 Oct 8, 2012
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
What if the person doesn't believe in God

Panorama City, CA

#16488 Oct 8, 2012
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it shows what an absurd book the Buy-bull is.
Kom2

Miami, FL

#16489 Oct 9, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
You are incorrect - there is one more thing your god could do to keep people out of hell AND keep free will intact:
God could eliminate hell.
My friend, If God does so, then where would he put the Devil, his demons and the people who never repent for there sins? They surly can not enter Heaven, so what would God do with all the evil?
Kom2

Miami, FL

#16491 Oct 9, 2012
verykinky wrote:
<quoted text>
What if the person doesn't believe in God
My friend, It is there choice weather to belive or not. God does not want people to be forced to Love Him, if so, He wouldent have given us freewill. Now what I tell you is Truth from out of the Bible, if a person does not open the door to their Heart to Jesus, they will forever be in the flames of Hell.
But think of what you gain if you Love Christ as He does you. You get to go to Heaven with the Father, and be FOREVER in Peace, Confort and Love. There is no pain in Heaven, no crying, no jealousy, no hurt, no sin and nothing that brings such wrong. There in Heaven, you will know peace, joy and love... Daughter of God.
Kom2

Miami, FL

#16492 Oct 9, 2012
1st Janitor wrote:
<quoted text>
God consigns no one to eternal suffering. He provides an opportunity to spend eternity in the paradise of the New Jerusalem. If you do not seek your salvation you won't be burned forever in a sea of fire. You simply won't exist in the paradise the saved will share with Jesus.
My friend, you are right in some. But forget not of
Matthew 25:46,“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

But you are right in saying that "God provides an opportunity to spend eternity in the paradise". My friend, you know much, so I want to see you there in Heaven.
Annibella

UK

#16494 Oct 9, 2012
The One Called Rab Gix wrote:
If you don't like Gay marriage, don't get one. Simple.
Totally agree with this =) gay marriage has my full support, i dont see the harm at all

United States

#16495 Oct 9, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 25:46,“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
But you are right in saying that "God provides an opportunity to spend eternity in the paradise". My friend, you know much, so I want to see you there in Heaven.
The eternal punishment is no life after death. There is no scripture that says man will spend eternity in a lake of fire. That is reserved for Satan. There is serious debate over this, just as there is to the idea of ascension directly to heaven on death. However, this was something added as the Christian religion evolved, just as the idea of burning forever in a pit was added when the early church needed a good scare tactic to keep people in line.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#16496 Oct 9, 2012
Annibella wrote:
<quoted text> Totally agree with this =) gay marriage has my full support, i dont see the harm at all
I don't either

United States

#16497 Oct 9, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
But you are right in saying that "God provides an opportunity to spend eternity in the paradise". My friend, you know much, so I . want to see you there in Heaven.
You want to use Matthew, try this one. Matthew 10:28. And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Further proof is Malachi 4:1-3 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch. But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall. And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do [this], saith the LORD of hosts

United States

#16498 Oct 9, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, If God does so, then where would he put the Devil, his demons and the people who never repent for there sins? They surly can not enter Heaven, so what would God do with all the evil?
Hell is reserved for Satan and his demons. The end for those who do not repent their sins is soul death. They simply will not exist in the new Jerusalem.
Kom2

Miami, FL

#16499 Oct 9, 2012
1st Janitor wrote:
<quoted text>
The eternal punishment is no life after death. There is no scripture that says man will spend eternity in a lake of fire. That is reserved for Satan. There is serious debate over this, just as there is to the idea of ascension directly to heaven on death. However, this was something added as the Christian religion evolved, just as the idea of burning forever in a pit was added when the early church needed a good scare tactic to keep people in line.
My friend, Revelation 21:8 says,

But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

The people in Hell will suffer the flames of the lake of fire. As also said in Revelation 20:14-15,

Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.(And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire).

The Devil's greatest trick was to convince people that he was not real, do not be tricked.
HornyIndianGuy

Surrey, Canada

#16500 Oct 9, 2012
Ofcourse, why not?

Panorama City, CA

#16501 Oct 9, 2012
Provide ANY evidence at all that hell exists, either for people or Satan. No, Buy-bull verses don't count. Give us some real, solid evidence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 1 hr TRUMP WINNERS 2,246
Why Are We Being Forced To Accept Homosexuality? (Feb '12) 2 hr Truth Sayer 1 942
News Walmart settles same-sex spouse benefits discri... 2 hr Truth Sayer 1 2
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Truth Sayer 1 42,928
News UNICEF survey: 80 percent of Filipino youth suf... 3 hr Xstain Mullah Aroma 26
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 3 hr Betty Davis 22,495
News LGBTQ Activist Cleve Jones: 'I'm Well Aware How... 3 hr Betty Davis 17
More from around the web