Should same-sex marriage become legal?

Sep 25, 2011 Full story: MLive.com 15,277

Between 2000 and 2005, the number of same-sex couples in the United States increased by more than 20 percent, according to the Williams Institute, a think tank concerned with laws and public policy related to sexual orientation.

Full Story
Kom2

United States

#16470 Oct 5, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not your friend and your god is evil.
No one chooses to burn for all eternity in a lake of fire - seriously, you sound psychotic. If your god is real and hell is real then it is, in fact, your god that consigns people to eternal suffering.
Your god = evil.
My friend, God has done everything He possibly can to keep you out of Hell and still leave you as a person with free will and not just a robot, for across the road to Hell he has placed the cross of Christ.

But forget not that anyone can be saved, all you have to do is except Him into your Heart. Hell was not created for us, Hell was created for Satan and his Demons. But the Devil tricks us into ignoring God and by doing this causes us to go down with him. I say to you my friend DO NOT BE FOOLED. You are no fool so do not be fooled by him. The Devil messed up what he had and now he wants to take down as many people with him as he can. DO NOT BE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE. For this is why we Pray and this is why we Love.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#16471 Oct 5, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Angel Nicole, very nice name and very good post.
My friend,(everything else plagiarized from: http://access-jesus.com/god-created-the-unive... )
And I see that you remain an unrepentant thief of other people's work, let's see if you are still pathologically lying about it.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#16472 Oct 5, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
My friend,(everything after the comma ripped off from: http://www.christiananswers.net/q-grace/hell-... )
And you wonder why I call you an unrepentant thief and a pathological liar? You have no faith, just a really bad collage of thoughts you have ripped off because you thought they sounded good. Calling us your friend is just as vacuous as 'your' supposed thoughts on the nature of God.

You enjoy scriptural lessons, well ripping them off anyways. If you actually do own a Bible, try Matthew 7:15-23 on for size. Your Jesus, wise fellow, He warned us about people like you.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#16474 Oct 5, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, God has done everything He possibly can to keep you out of Hell and still leave you as a person with free will and not just a robot, for across the road to Hell he has placed the cross of Christ.
But forget not that anyone can be saved, all you have to do is except Him into your Heart. Hell was not created for us, Hell was created for Satan and his Demons. But the Devil tricks us into ignoring God and by doing this causes us to go down with him. I say to you my friend DO NOT BE FOOLED. You are no fool so do not be fooled by him. The Devil messed up what he had and now he wants to take down as many people with him as he can. DO NOT BE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE. For this is why we Pray and this is why we Love.
You are incorrect - there is one more thing your god could do to keep people out of hell AND keep free will intact:

God could eliminate hell.

“You wish you were here!!”

Since: May 09

The OC

#16475 Oct 6, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no sections of the Bible that say anything of the sort.
The ONLY scripture that your type likes to use is not a definition of marriage, but Jesus' proclamation of when Divorce is allowed.
And Christians today completely ignore that when they divorce in such large numbers, so how can any of them have the nerve to twist it into something against gay folks?
And while Jesus was discussing divorce he defined marriage. Its right there in black and white. The reason the Bible never comes out and says "men can't marry men" is because the whole idea is preposterous. It doesn't say "men can't marry cows" either.

Its just not what marriage is.

The OC

#16476 Oct 6, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
What?!? You have quoted the passage in the bible that says, "man shall not marry man, nor shall woman marry woman"?!? Where is that?!?
Robert
It's right next to the passage that says men can't marry animals. Oh wait...it doesn't say that directly. You and your dog are safe but it does say you can't have sex (Lev 18:23). Kind of spoils the honeymoon...eh?
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#16477 Oct 6, 2012
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
And while Jesus was discussing divorce he defined marriage. Its right there in black and white. The reason the Bible never comes out and says "men can't marry men" is because the whole idea is preposterous. It doesn't say "men can't marry cows" either.
Too bad Jesus and your Buybull don't run this country, ain't it?

Since: Aug 11

Santa Cruz, CA

#16478 Oct 6, 2012
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think much of marriage comparing it to bestiality.

What a pity your mind is so small.
Robsan5

United States

#16479 Oct 6, 2012
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
It's right next to the passage that says men can't marry animals. Oh wait...it doesn't say that directly. You and your dog are safe but it does say you can't have sex (Lev 18:23). Kind of spoils the honeymoon...eh?
Leviticus still applies? I hope you don't wear polyester.
Please fill free to add into the bible all those things god 'forgot' to say.

Robert

Since: Sep 10

Van Nuys, CA

#16480 Oct 6, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not your friend and your god is evil.
No one chooses to burn for all eternity in a lake of fire - seriously, you sound psychotic. If your god is real and hell is real then it is, in fact, your god that consigns people to eternal suffering.
Your god = evil.
God consigns no one to eternal suffering. He provides an opportunity to spend eternity in the paradise of the New Jerusalem. If you do not seek your salvation you won't be burned forever in a sea of fire. You simply won't exist in the paradise the saved will share with Jesus.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#16481 Oct 6, 2012
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
It Buy-bull says both the man and the dog would have to be put to death.

Leviticus 20:15
"And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast."
verykinky

Elizabeth, CO

#16482 Oct 6, 2012
I have a question I've posed several times and never received an answer. What does your God have to do with our government?
Martinez.

Euless, TX

#16483 Oct 7, 2012
verykinky wrote:
I have a question I've posed several times and never received an answer. What does your God have to do with our government?
absolutely nothing. People are just using religion as an excuse to escape reality.
gay marriage, marriage, its the same thing. As long as you love one another, you should have the right to publicly be known as a "married couple"
These homophobic retards are just scared of the fact of gays being happy.
To gay marriage, youve got my support.

Since: Aug 11

Santa Cruz, CA

#16484 Oct 7, 2012
verykinky wrote:
Nothing at all.
You happy now?

The OC

#16485 Oct 7, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
It Buy-bull says both the man and the dog would have to be put to death.
Leviticus 20:15
"And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast."
Hmmm...I guess that makes it pretty clear how God feels about the matter.
Robsan5

Bronx, NY

#16486 Oct 8, 2012
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's how god used to feel about the matter. Or don't you believe that Jesus fulfilled the Old Testament?
And we're still waiting for you to explain why your religious beliefs should control the lives of other Americans who don't share your religious beliefs.

Robert
verykinky

Elizabeth, CO

#16487 Oct 8, 2012
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
What if the person doesn't believe in God

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#16488 Oct 8, 2012
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it shows what an absurd book the Buy-bull is.
Kom2

United States

#16489 Oct 9, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
You are incorrect - there is one more thing your god could do to keep people out of hell AND keep free will intact:
God could eliminate hell.
My friend, If God does so, then where would he put the Devil, his demons and the people who never repent for there sins? They surly can not enter Heaven, so what would God do with all the evil?
Kom2

United States

#16491 Oct 9, 2012
verykinky wrote:
<quoted text>
What if the person doesn't believe in God
My friend, It is there choice weather to belive or not. God does not want people to be forced to Love Him, if so, He wouldent have given us freewill. Now what I tell you is Truth from out of the Bible, if a person does not open the door to their Heart to Jesus, they will forever be in the flames of Hell.
But think of what you gain if you Love Christ as He does you. You get to go to Heaven with the Father, and be FOREVER in Peace, Confort and Love. There is no pain in Heaven, no crying, no jealousy, no hurt, no sin and nothing that brings such wrong. There in Heaven, you will know peace, joy and love... Daughter of God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 2 min KiMare 26,785
Pastors opposed to gay marriage swear off all c... 7 min KiMare 53
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 21 min Respect71 5,685
first lesbian crush 1 hr Righteous123 4
Gay man wins suit against clinic that used shoc... 2 hr Normal Decent Hetero 7
Apple CEO Donating to Gay Rights Campaign in South 2 hr sarahomo 22
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 2 hr Coach 68,530
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 4 hr L Craig s Hush Pu... 2,907
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 5 hr Pietro Armando 5,053
More from around the web