Should same-sex marriage become legal?

There are 15314 comments on the MLive.com story from Sep 25, 2011, titled Should same-sex marriage become legal?. In it, MLive.com reports that:

Between 2000 and 2005, the number of same-sex couples in the United States increased by more than 20 percent, according to the Williams Institute, a think tank concerned with laws and public policy related to sexual orientation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MLive.com.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#16421 Oct 3, 2012
NoQ wrote:
It's you Fa$$ots reality. Not fantasy
You see the word "YAWN", and the first image that pops into your head is that of a man sucking on another man's member...
Brad

Lemvig, Denmark

#16422 Oct 3, 2012
Same sex marriage is legal where I live.

Lots of other nationals come here to get married.
Robsan5

Concord, CA

#16423 Oct 3, 2012
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are some verses that describe marriage as being between a man and woman. Notice how this is presented with a significant amount of reverence for the relationship.
For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.(Gen 2:24)
"Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,'and said,'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'? So they are no longer two, but one.(Matt 19:4-6...in the words of Jesus himself)
But at the beginning of creation God 'made them male and female.'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.' So they are no longer two, but one.(Mark 10:6-8...also in the words of Jesus)
However...I am sure you are going to come back and say "but...but...no one said specifically a man can't marry another man"...right? No one said a man can't marry a cow either. Common sense needs to come into play here.
Common sense and religion are incompatible. If god didn't say, "man shall not marry man, nor shall woman marry woman", who are you to add to the bible? Proverbs 30:6.

Robert

North Hollywood, CA

#16426 Oct 3, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
No such thing as a homophobe, just a word you HO;MOS tagged on straight people that doesn't believe as you do.
You're a homophobe.
And I'm straight.
Gomer

Anonymous Proxy

#16427 Oct 3, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a homophobe.
And I'm straight.
Two three word sentences and two lies. WOW!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#16428 Oct 3, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't help it, if that's what you Fa$$ots do.
Go play in your sand box junior.
Kom2

United States

#16429 Oct 3, 2012
My friends, though I was gone awhile, I come back to you now.
Kom2

United States

#16430 Oct 3, 2012
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
No my friend it is you who are taking the passage out of context. In Mark 2 Jesus was questioned by the Pharisees about his disciples "breaking the law" by picking grain on the Sabbath. Jesus pointed out that the Sabbath was made for the benefit of man-not the other way around. It was not meant to enslave him. It is a typical example of the crippling legalism of the Pharisees.
All you have to do is read Mark 2. Its pretty clear.
My friend, it has been awhile. Very good hearing from you again.
Join Free
Robsan5

Concord, CA

#16431 Oct 3, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
My friends, though I was gone awhile, I come back to you now.
Oh joy. Kom, have you found that passage in your bible that says, "man shall not marry man, nor shall woman marry woman"?

Robert

“visit HudsonDildoEmpor ium.com”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#16434 Oct 3, 2012
NoQ wrote:
You're no more straight than than Obama is white. LMFAO
OMG, you caught us! How did you figure out that, aside from you, EVERYONE here is queer?

In fact, OVER 50% of Americans have been "turned" gay in the past decade. It's TRUE! And this (scary) reality is the central piece in a complex "gay agenda"! Clearly, innocent Americans are 'catching the gay'. What other explanation could there be for the steady rise in acceptance of SSM?

And too think, that despite your inability to understand why anyone would think you have a FAT ASS just because you mention your fat ass at the end of every single post, YOU are the very first 'straight guy' to figure it all out!

Location hidden

#16435 Oct 3, 2012
PS, Peaches is waiting with the 12 pack and pickled pigs feet and the evening circle jerk is getting started in the Cafe. So you "boys" better drop what you're doing and get over there before it gets started!

Location hidden

#16436 Oct 3, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You see the word "YAWN", and the first image that pops into your head is that of a man sucking on another man's member...
Yep, first thing as he wakes up every morning...

and about 250 times in between, including 10-15 hours lurking on the TOPIX gay/lesbian forums...

then the last thing at night as he drops off to sleep...
Kom2

United States

#16437 Oct 3, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh joy. Kom, have you found that passage in your bible that says, "man shall not marry man, nor shall woman marry woman"?
Robert
My friend, this question has been answered many times before. Whether you want to belive it or not, God said it is an Abomination. The homosexual act is a sin. If a man marries another man it is homosexuality, and God said that it is a sin.
Robsan5

Concord, CA

#16438 Oct 3, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, this question has been answered many times before. Whether you want to belive it or not, God said it is an Abomination. The homosexual act is a sin. If a man marries another man it is homosexuality, and God said that it is a sin.
Yeah, I didn't think you could find that passage in your bible. Proverbs 30:6.
Ecclesiastes 3- a time for everything under the sun. Everything includes same-sex marriage.

Robert

North Hollywood, CA

#16439 Oct 3, 2012
Laquesha Jefferson PhD wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, first thing as he wakes up every morning...
and about 250 times in between, including 10-15 hours lurking on the TOPIX gay/lesbian forums...
then the last thing at night as he drops off to sleep...
And in his dreams...
http://www.picturesdepot.com/celebrities/2417...

North Hollywood, CA

#16440 Oct 3, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
But god does not exist.

“You wish you were here!!”

Since: May 09

The OC

#16443 Oct 3, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Then a BJ should be OK, that's not as with a woman.
Oh Rose...why are you guys always looking for loopholes?

The OC

#16444 Oct 3, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Common sense and religion are incompatible. If god didn't say, "man shall not marry man, nor shall woman marry woman", who are you to add to the bible? Proverbs 30:6.
Robert
I was right...

"but...but...no one said specifically a man can't marry another man"...right?

The OC

#16445 Oct 3, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert
I already gave them to. It's up to you if you want to see it or not.

“"It's Only Your Opinion"”

Since: Nov 11

Hollywood California

#16446 Oct 4, 2012
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Rose...why are you guys always looking for loopholes?
And why do you bring up the bible when it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this thread? again we live in a secular nation where organized religion needs to keep out of secular issues! Try using a bible or anything from a bible in a court of law and watch the laughter begin! Who gives a flying fuque what that fairytale book has to say! Pointless and meaningless B.S.!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Posters for and against same-sex marriage are seen 12 min Xstain Mullah Aroma 17
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 16 min NoahLovesU 5,614
News Boy Scouts' leader speaks out on gay adults ban 26 min z pack 41
News Ireland same-sex marriage 32 min American_Infidel 3
News Stephen Fry married Elliot Spencer in January 42 min Xstain Mullah Aroma 4
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr GayleWood 21,500
News Rapist's sentence reduced because 6-year-old vi... 1 hr david traversa 4
News 60 Percent: Record Number Of Americans Support ... 4 hr NoahLovesU 129
News SoCal Rep Wants to Outlaw Gay-to-Straight "Conv... 4 hr Wondering 121
News Josh Duggar apology not enough? Fallout from mo... 8 hr Fa-Foxy 25
More from around the web