Should same-sex marriage become legal?

Should same-sex marriage become legal?

There are 15309 comments on the MLive.com story from Sep 25, 2011, titled Should same-sex marriage become legal?. In it, MLive.com reports that:

Between 2000 and 2005, the number of same-sex couples in the United States increased by more than 20 percent, according to the Williams Institute, a think tank concerned with laws and public policy related to sexual orientation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MLive.com.

Robsan5

Los Angeles, CA

#16407 Oct 2, 2012
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
No my friend it is you who are taking the passage out of context. In Mark 2 Jesus was questioned by the Pharisees about his disciples "breaking the law" by picking grain on the Sabbath. Jesus pointed out that the Sabbath was made for the benefit of man-not the other way around. It was not meant to enslave him. It is a typical example of the crippling legalism of the Pharisees.
All you have to do is read Mark 2. Its pretty clear.
Waterboarder, where in the bible does it say, "man shall not marry man, nor shall woman marry woman?
The word 'homosexual' wasn't even added to the bible until about 1940. So what word was used in it's place?

Robert

“You wish you were here!!”

Since: May 09

The OC

#16408 Oct 2, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Waterboarder, where in the bible does it say, "man shall not marry man, nor shall woman marry woman?
The word 'homosexual' wasn't even added to the bible until about 1940. So what word was used in it's place?
Robert
Here are some verses that describe marriage as being between a man and woman. Notice how this is presented with a significant amount of reverence for the relationship.

For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.(Gen 2:24)

"Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,'and said,'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'? So they are no longer two, but one.(Matt 19:4-6...in the words of Jesus himself)

But at the beginning of creation God 'made them male and female.'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.' So they are no longer two, but one.(Mark 10:6-8...also in the words of Jesus)

However...I am sure you are going to come back and say "but...but...no one said specifically a man can't marry another man"...right? No one said a man can't marry a cow either. Common sense needs to come into play here.

The OC

#16409 Oct 2, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
god never said one thing about homosexuality, and neither did the bible. get a grip on yourself.
Except for this:

"If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination." (Leviticus 20:13).

"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination." (Leviticus 18:22-24).

"For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due." (Romans 1:26-27).

"But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching." (1 Timothy 1:8-10)

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God." (1 Corinthians 6:9-11)

The OC

#16410 Oct 2, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
didn't you know that, according to the bible, there is no hell?
The Gospels and Jesus himself disagree.

Matthew 5:22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will besubject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother,'Raca,' isanswerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says,'You fool!' will be indanger of the fire of hell.

Matthew 5:29-30 If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body
to go into hell.

Matthew 7:13 Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

Matthew 10:28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 13:38-42 The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one, and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels. "As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 13:49-50 This is how it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous and throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 25:46 "Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

Mark 9:43 If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out.

Mark 9:45 And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than to have two feet and be thrown into hell.

Mark 9:47 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell,

Luke 12:5 But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him.

Luke 16:23-24 In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him,'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.'

Luke 16:26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross
over from there to us.'

The OC

#16411 Oct 2, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert
Uh..ya.."homosexual" is a modern English term. However, the act is described quite clearly. "Being" a homosexual - if it is a state of being at all - is not the sin. The act of gay sex is.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#16412 Oct 3, 2012
YAWN

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#16414 Oct 3, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation : Open mouth, insert dick
Otherwise known as NoQ's big fantasy...

Location hidden

#16415 Oct 3, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Your fantasy, not mine.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#16419 Oct 3, 2012
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for this:
"If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination." (Leviticus 20:13).
"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination." (Leviticus 18:22-24).
Then a BJ should be OK, that's not as with a woman.

Panorama City, CA

#16420 Oct 3, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You homophobes think about men having sex with each other more than gay men do! Sheeseh...

Panorama City, CA

#16421 Oct 3, 2012
NoQ wrote:
It's you Fa$$ots reality. Not fantasy
You see the word "YAWN", and the first image that pops into your head is that of a man sucking on another man's member...
Brad

Lemvig, Denmark

#16422 Oct 3, 2012
Same sex marriage is legal where I live.

Lots of other nationals come here to get married.
Robsan5

Los Angeles, CA

#16423 Oct 3, 2012
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are some verses that describe marriage as being between a man and woman. Notice how this is presented with a significant amount of reverence for the relationship.
For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.(Gen 2:24)
"Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,'and said,'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'? So they are no longer two, but one.(Matt 19:4-6...in the words of Jesus himself)
But at the beginning of creation God 'made them male and female.'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.' So they are no longer two, but one.(Mark 10:6-8...also in the words of Jesus)
However...I am sure you are going to come back and say "but...but...no one said specifically a man can't marry another man"...right? No one said a man can't marry a cow either. Common sense needs to come into play here.
Common sense and religion are incompatible. If god didn't say, "man shall not marry man, nor shall woman marry woman", who are you to add to the bible? Proverbs 30:6.

Robert

Panorama City, CA

#16426 Oct 3, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
No such thing as a homophobe, just a word you HO;MOS tagged on straight people that doesn't believe as you do.
You're a homophobe.
And I'm straight.
Gomer

Germany

#16427 Oct 3, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a homophobe.
And I'm straight.
Two three word sentences and two lies. WOW!

Location hidden

#16428 Oct 3, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't help it, if that's what you Fa$$ots do.
Go play in your sand box junior.
Kom2

Miami, FL

#16429 Oct 3, 2012
My friends, though I was gone awhile, I come back to you now.
Kom2

Miami, FL

#16430 Oct 3, 2012
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
No my friend it is you who are taking the passage out of context. In Mark 2 Jesus was questioned by the Pharisees about his disciples "breaking the law" by picking grain on the Sabbath. Jesus pointed out that the Sabbath was made for the benefit of man-not the other way around. It was not meant to enslave him. It is a typical example of the crippling legalism of the Pharisees.
All you have to do is read Mark 2. Its pretty clear.
My friend, it has been awhile. Very good hearing from you again.
Robsan5

Los Angeles, CA

#16431 Oct 3, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
My friends, though I was gone awhile, I come back to you now.
Oh joy. Kom, have you found that passage in your bible that says, "man shall not marry man, nor shall woman marry woman"?

Robert

“visit HudsonDildoEmpor ium.com”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#16434 Oct 3, 2012
NoQ wrote:
You're no more straight than than Obama is white. LMFAO
OMG, you caught us! How did you figure out that, aside from you, EVERYONE here is queer?

In fact, OVER 50% of Americans have been "turned" gay in the past decade. It's TRUE! And this (scary) reality is the central piece in a complex "gay agenda"! Clearly, innocent Americans are 'catching the gay'. What other explanation could there be for the steady rise in acceptance of SSM?

And too think, that despite your inability to understand why anyone would think you have a FAT ASS just because you mention your fat ass at the end of every single post, YOU are the very first 'straight guy' to figure it all out!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 25,295
News Republican senator apologizes for saying 'a guy... 2 hr Pope Out To Pasture 1
News S. Korean presidential hopeful accused of anti-... 2 hr Pope Out To Pasture 1
News Lawmakers: Faith-based adoption groups can spur... 2 hr Pope Out To Pasture 3
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr River Tam 48,067
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 4 hr Pilots Nail Drivi... 5,595
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 6 hr June VanDerMark 13,387
News Gay pastor fights censure by United Methodist C... 10 hr Rose_NoHo 162
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 19 hr Richie 69,522
More from around the web