Should same-sex marriage become legal?

Should same-sex marriage become legal?

There are 15319 comments on the MLive.com story from Sep 25, 2011, titled Should same-sex marriage become legal?. In it, MLive.com reports that:

Between 2000 and 2005, the number of same-sex couples in the United States increased by more than 20 percent, according to the Williams Institute, a think tank concerned with laws and public policy related to sexual orientation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MLive.com.

TheTroll Stopper

Roanoke, VA

#16324 Sep 15, 2012
Jonas aka David Moore the Closeted Pekin Troll wrote:
<quoted text>You are obviously very misinformed on this issue! Homosexual 'marriage' is a cruel lie yap yap yap blah blah blah...
So sez the sad, pathetic closet case whose now ex-wife caught him boinking another guy. Still miss your kids, David? LOLAY!

Since: Sep 10

United States

#16325 Sep 15, 2012
Jonas wrote:
<quoted text>You are obviously very misinformed on this issue! Homosexual 'marriage' is a cruel lie with no real basis in how homosexual live!
No significant percent of the homosexual population has 'married' in ANY country that allows it, and studies have shown that few such 'marriages' are even exclusive relationships.
The homosexual 'marriage' movement is a hate based political charade attacking what others hold sacred.
No homosexual relationship shares the reasons for government involvement in real marriage. No economically or physically unequal genders are involve. No child is ever born as a direct result, and no such relationship can provide a child with a father and mother. Having both is one of the most accurate statistical predictions of a child's future success in life.
Homosexual themselves overwhelmingly reject 'marriage' as an actual practice in EVERY country that allows the concocted oxymoron.
You consistently post the same worn out postulations based on these vague assertions of yours, especially that which quantifies same sex marriage as a cruel lie and that it never works. You have kept this nonsense going for years and no one but you really believes it. Gays have been getting married for a long time, whether the state recognized it or not and sharing lasting relationships as well. I know this from my own personal experience with my gay friends and acquaintances. Honestly David, the most severely bogus thing about you is your ever increasing list of ridiculous splinter personalities. You should seek mental help.
moosheep

Farnham, UK

#16326 Sep 15, 2012
Yes, i loves da gayness!!! Why do people not love da gays???:(
Kom2

Miami, FL

#16327 Sep 15, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
What words?
The Bible is NOT God. It is man's words. Much of it is the belief of superstitious fools.
My friend, you are right. The Bible is not God, the Bible is only a book that should not be worshiped. But forget not of,

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work”(2 Timothy 3:15-17).

The Bible is all real and truth my friend, for it says in;
Psalm 119:43—“the word of truth.”
Psalm 119:142—“Thy law is the truth.”
Psalm 119:160—“Thy word is true from the beginning.”
John 17:17—“Thy word is truth.”

It would not be of lie for it says in;
Titus 1:2—“God who cannot lie.”
Hebrews 6:18—“It is impossible for God to lie.”

I do not say that the humans who penned the books of the Bible were always accurate in everything they said or did. Simply that the Bible is right when it claims that God guided these men in their task of writing Scripture, in such a way that the result is an infallible book.

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is inspired by God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.
Kom2

Miami, FL

#16328 Sep 15, 2012
1st Janitor wrote:
<quoted text>
You freely pick from the book of Leviticus to rationalize your views, while claiming that the Bible doesn't condone the stoning of children which is proclaimed in the same book. You use the work of Paul and his epistles, which are filled with his own prejudiced opinions, particularly concerning women while avoiding the fact that he consistently posts these. And, you made a point of saying man and women should marry only for the purpose of reproduction. That isn't in the scripture, but you make this point as if it were. It appears the truth is relative to what you wish it to be when circumstance fits your desires.
My friend, I show the full verse, not just the one with the answer but the whole Truth. You mis-understood what I said my friend, what I ment by what I wrote was that it is of differ. There is a difference between having sex for pleasure and having it to get pregnant...two gay men or women cannot achieve pregnancy...God gave us sexual organs for the main reason reproduction. A man will never have the gift of giving birth, for it is a gift for the woman. A woman will never have the gift of giving another woman what she needs to get pregnaut, for it is for the man to give.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#16329 Sep 15, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, you are right. The Bible is not God, the Bible is only a book that should not be worshiped. But forget not of,
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work”(2 Timothy 3:15-17).
I do not say that the humans who penned the books of the Bible were always accurate in everything they said or did. Simply that the Bible is right when it claims that God guided these men in their task of writing Scripture, in such a way that the result is an infallible book.
All Scripture is inspired by God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.
Check out who GOD picked to publish it:
http://etb-history-theology.blogspot.com/2012...
Kom2

Miami, FL

#16330 Sep 15, 2012
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay people are exempt from the curse of reproduction because we didn't eat the forbidden fruit
++++++++++
Genesis 3:16> Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
++++++++++
<quoted text>
++++++++++
And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat.-- Leviticus 26:29
And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters.-- Deuteronomy 28:53
And I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend.-- Jeremiah 19:9
Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.-- Psalm 137:9
++++++++++
Yum yum
So today instead of eating a Big Mac
Eat the cashier instead
My friend, very good talking with you. But know that Man and Woman were told to "be fruitful and multiply" before being cast out of the Garden of Eden. They were created in Genesis 1:27 and told to multiply in 1:28.

"Cursed is the land because of you; In toil you shall eat of it All the days of your life." In other words, the land of the garden of Eden was no longer under the protection of God, but the land would revert to its wild, unsubdued state like the rest of the land around the garden. Therefore, the curse of the "ground" was, more likely, a curse directed against Adam for his transgression against God.

The books you list is of the Old Testament. They were Punishment for Disobedience, if you keep reading in; Leviticus 26, it says

14 “‘But if you will not listen to me and carry out all these commands, 15 and if you reject my decrees and abhor my laws and fail to carry out all my commands and so violate my covenant, 16 then I will do this to you: I will bring on you sudden terror, wasting diseases and fever that will destroy your sight and sap your strength. You will plant seed in vain, because your enemies will eat it. 17 I will set my face against you so that you will be defeated by your enemies; those who hate you will rule over you, and you will flee even when no one is pursuing you.

18 “‘If after all this you will not listen to me, I will punish you for your sins seven times over. 19 I will break down your stubborn pride and make the sky above you like iron and the ground beneath you like bronze. 20 Your strength will be spent in vain, because your soil will not yield its crops, nor will the trees of your land yield their fruit.

The Old Testament law was given to the nation of Israel, not to Christians. When Jesus died on the cross, He put an end to the Old Testament law (Romans 10:4; Galatians 3:23-25; Ephesians 2:15).
In place of the Old Testament law, we are under the law of Christ (Galatians 6:2).
Kom2

Miami, FL

#16331 Sep 15, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that mean god doesn't want any sterile people to have sex..you know, people who can't get or get someone "pregnaunt".(You're a joke, aren't you...)
<quoted text>
So kill all the boys and all the women who have had intercourse with a man.(Numbers 31:17)
Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death.(Exodus 21:15 NAB)
My friend, When the victors made their way back to the encampments of Israel, they found not praise but anger. Have you kept all the women alive: The key to Moses' anger is the sinfulness of the women. These women had caused Israel to sin, as they had been counseled by Balaam, Balaam had been slain, along with the kings of notables of the people. Now the women and their male children needed to be killed as well. Only the young girls who were still virgins were to be kept alive, for only they were probably innocent of the sexual sins of their mothers. Since this was a holy war, the soldiers and their possessions needed to go through extraordinary purification rites.

God didnt command it Moses did, and it was because the woman cause the children of Israel to sin. In the Old Testament, the punishment for sin was usually death depending on what it was. In the New Testament, the punishment for sin is now spiritual death.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#16332 Sep 15, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
Still proving you are nothing more than an unrepentant thief and a pathological liar I see. Be gone false prophet, "your" version of Christian thought isn't even your own, although you claim it to be by not bothering to tell us that you are ripping off the work of others, you are nothing more than a shameless fraud.

this one

#16334 Sep 15, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
My friend,(everything else plagiarized from: http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/viewtop... )
Unrepentant thief and pathological liar. Keep up your shameless fraud and I will keep exposing you as the phony Christian you really are.

this one

#16335 Sep 15, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
My friend, you are right.(plagiarized from: http://christiananswers.net/q-acb/acb-t002.ht... )
The proof of you being nothing more than an unrepentant thief and a liar is YOU changing this sentence from the original to the first person:

"Christians do not claim that the humans who penned the books of the Bible were always accurate in everything they said or did."

Shameless fraud.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#16336 Sep 15, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
That's really stupid you know. Does anyone believe such nonsense?
well, then president mr. carter admitted that he had looked at another woman with lust in his heart, does that count?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#16337 Sep 15, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.

Location hidden

#16338 Sep 15, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
well, then president mr. carter admitted that he had looked at another woman with lust in his heart, does that count?
Who am I to judge?

Location hidden

#16339 Sep 15, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Who am I to judge?
i don't know, who?

Location hidden

#16340 Sep 15, 2012
<quoted text> i don't know, who?
Who is who?

United States

#16342 Sep 16, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, I show the full verse, not just the one with the answer but the whole Truth. You mis-understood what I said my friend, what I ment by what I wrote was that it is of differ. There is a difference between having sex for pleasure and having it to get pregnant...two gay men or women cannot achieve pregnancy...God gave us sexual organs for the main reason reproduction. A man will never have the gift of giving birth, for it is a gift for the woman. A woman will never have the gift of giving another woman what she needs to get pregnaut, for it is for the man to give.
There are two two reasons why that means absolutely nothing. First, many marriages do not include children and, using your logic, marriage would be unfulfilled without them and wrong for that very reason. Secondly, since some people would prefer not to have children you must believe they are misusing their sexual organs, and they are there for as much wrong in the eyes of God as homosexuals.(By the way, the proper spelling is not pregnaut.) As to your quoting verse, you were the one who asked where the punishment of insolent children was death and it's been answered by more than me, as others pointed out verses as well. And, that was only one gray area you seemed to wish to let slide, as I mentioned others. If you reviewed my original posting you would see this for yourself. You seemed more interested in giving a rational for your previous comment than in admitting that you were guilty of picking and choosing verses to suit your own ends.

United States

#16343 Sep 16, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, very good talking with you. But know that Man and Woman were told to "be fruitful and multiply" before being cast out of the Garden of Eden. They were created in Genesis 1:27 and told to multiply in 1:28.
"Cursed is the land because of you; In toil you shall eat of it All the days of your life." In other words, the land of the garden of Eden was no longer under the protection of God, but the land would revert to its wild, unsubdued state like the rest of the land around the garden. Therefore, the curse of the "ground" was, more likely, a curse directed against Adam for his transgression against God.
The books you list is of the Old Testament. They were Punishment for Disobedience, if you keep reading in; Leviticus 26, it says
14 “‘But if you will not listen to me and carry out all these commands, 15 and if you reject my decrees and abhor my laws and fail to carry out all my commands and so violate my covenant, 16 then I will do this to you: I will bring on you sudden terror, wasting diseases and fever that will destroy your sight and sap your strength. You will plant seed in vain, because your enemies will eat it. 17 I will set my face against you so that you will be defeated by your enemies; those who hate you will rule over you, and you will flee even when no one is pursuing you.
18 “‘If after all this you will not listen to me, I will punish you for your sins seven times over. 19 I will break down your stubborn pride and make the sky above you like iron and the ground beneath you like bronze. 20 Your strength will be spent in vain, because your soil will not yield its crops, nor will the trees of your land yield their fruit.
The Old Testament law was given to the nation of Israel, not to Christians. When Jesus died on the cross, He put an end to the Old Testament law (Romans 10:4; Galatians 3:23-25; Ephesians 2:15).
In place of the Old Testament law, we are under the law of Christ (Galatians 6:2).
Using your logic, again, Jesus death on the cross put an end to the commandments since they too were listed in the Old Testament. There for it must be perfectly fine to kill, steal, lie and take the name of God in vane and to even have other gods. Jesus saved man by his grace, but that didn't necessarily follow that all the laws were off the books. So, which ones are kept and which are not obviously must be subject to the whim of those who are arguing their case.

Location hidden

#16344 Sep 16, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is who?
who you're to judge. that was the question, wasn't it?

Location hidden

#16345 Sep 17, 2012
<quoted text>
who you're to judge. that was the question, wasn't it?
OH I must have missed that.

Who IS who then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Popular Philadelphia Gay Bar Owner Under Fire F... 12 min FedUp 3
News Trump also mocked Rosie O'Donnell for being gay... 24 min what ever 6
News I'm traumatised by Trump, says Cher, warning el... 1 hr Go Blue Forever 31
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr Terra Firma 18,591
News Anti-gay slur sparks protest on BC campus 1 hr FedUp 12
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 1 hr what ever 68,999
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 2 hr guest 266
News Alabama chief justice waits for judgment day on... 2 hr Reverent Righteou... 32
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 hr TomInElPaso 40,520
News Alabama chief justice removed from bench for de... 13 hr Synque 26
More from around the web