Should same-sex marriage become legal?

Should same-sex marriage become legal?

There are 15309 comments on the MLive.com story from Sep 25, 2011, titled Should same-sex marriage become legal?. In it, MLive.com reports that:

Between 2000 and 2005, the number of same-sex couples in the United States increased by more than 20 percent, according to the Williams Institute, a think tank concerned with laws and public policy related to sexual orientation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MLive.com.

Ken

Concord, CA

#15503 Aug 5, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
Chump, you couldn't help yourself out of a paper bag!
TYPICAL KEN AD HOMINEM POSTS
More nasty words from the 54yr old trannie.
Believe me, certainly don't need or want anything from you. Not enough disinfectant on Earth!
You dumb libs are just full of hate.....
54 ty old tired rump doing an upskirt ... what a slut! My guess, trannie... with padding no less!
and PS....go f##k yourselves!
YOU PROUD KEN?
PROUD INDEED....I have nothing but contempt for libs, and don't give a rat's a## about their opinions.

I guess you are proud to ignore slams from the lefties?

Waste. like I've always said, the perfect name for you.

Now proceed to f##k off.
Ken

Concord, CA

#15504 Aug 5, 2012
ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! what a great life you have...The Marina? I am so impressed!
Yes, we are truly blessed that you're posting every fascinating detail here because there is no one in your off line life who gives a crap.
Aren't you running late?

You promised to give your mom a lift to work,

Her shift at the $1.00 hand job booth starts in 10 mins.

See ya, dope.
Ken

Concord, CA

#15505 Aug 5, 2012
ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you can't accept new information that challenges your beliefs either. No matter how ignorant and unfounded those beliefs are.
Being simple minded must make life pretty simple,
Just spreading the hate, aren't ya?
Ken

Concord, CA

#15506 Aug 5, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
from over 30 years of study both in and out of seminary and theology school.
Next you two anti-Catholics will restart the Lollards. The wolves are finding their way back to England. Perhaps you two could re-enact the burnin of Cranmer at the stake afer he recanted his recanting.

Anti-Catholic bigots.

What seminary? Taught you plenty of hate didn't it? Some reverend!
Robsan5

La Mesa, CA

#15507 Aug 5, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone has a choice just like when you were abused as a child, you liked it and made a choice to be a Queer. Facts don't lie. LMFAO
Did you make a "choice" to be straight?
I haven't seen you post a single "fact". Does that mean you lie?
Gee, you mentioned "ass" yet again. Wow, you sure have a one-track mind, don't you?

Robert
Ken

Concord, CA

#15508 Aug 5, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ken, here's what the SCOTUS said about marriage in it's Loving vs. Virginia decision:
"The U.S. Supreme Court overturned the convictions in a unanimous decision (dated June 12, 1967), dismissing the Commonwealth of Virginia's argument that a law forbidding both white and black persons from marrying persons of another race, and providing identical penalties to white and black violators, could not be construed as racially discriminatory. The court ruled that Virginia's anti-miscegenation statute violated both the Due Process Clause and the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. In its decision, the court wrote:
“ Marriage is one of the "BASIC CIVIL RIGHTS (my caps) of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival.... To deny this fundamental freedom on so unsupportable a basis as the racial classifications embodied in these statutes, classifications so directly subversive of the principle of equality at the heart of the Fourteenth Amendment, is surely to deprive all the State's citizens of liberty without due process of law. The Fourteenth Amendment requires that the freedom of choice to marry not be restricted by invidious racial discrimination. Under our Constitution, the freedom to marry, or not marry, a person of another race resides with the individual and cannot be infringed by the State."
ROBERT
Robert,
1967 is quite a bit before the gay movement....hardly think the justices were thinking of that.
Marriage is not called a civil right in the Constitution, and no judge, not even 9 judges decide how I will believe. I will obey the law, but I have every right to try to overturn it. Roe v. Wade has lost considerable support since it became law.
Remember the Dred Scott decision? Shows the Supreme Court CAN be wrong.
Race and sexual orientation are not the same issue.
Ken
Robsan5

La Mesa, CA

#15509 Aug 5, 2012
Ken wrote:
<quoted text>
Next you two anti-Catholics will restart the Lollards. The wolves are finding their way back to England. Perhaps you two could re-enact the burnin of Cranmer at the stake afer he recanted his recanting.
Anti-Catholic bigots.
What seminary? Taught you plenty of hate didn't it? Some reverend!
Ken, should I re-post the definition of "bigot" for you?
How will allowing same-sex marriage infringe on your ability to exercise your constitutional rights?

Robert
Ken

Concord, CA

#15510 Aug 5, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ken, you're getting a little off track here...
Robert
Robert,
Not really...unfortunately one does have to get down into the gutter sometimes.
Ken

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#15511 Aug 5, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Kom, yet again you fail to give any quote from the bible that prohibits same-sex marriage.
Why are you against it?
Do not add to the bible; it is a sin.
Proverb 30:6.
Robert
Sometimes the absence of a statement means that.
If your mom told you as you grew from a child to a teen, that your purpose in life was to find someone of the same sex, marry them and live long and happily, where in that statement would you assume your mom was also saying that it was okay to find someone of the opposite sex, hopefully have children and live long and happily?
Well that is what pro-same sex marriage people are assuming of what God didn't say as what he was also saying. Follow the logic?
God told his first son and daughter that their purpose was to become one in a relationship and (hopefully) have children. That message was passed down from them to their children and their children etc. It was such an important command that it was one of the first commands given to the children of God.
So (as not the first time it has been done I am sure) we have recent generations that want to "assume" that since God didn't out right exclude same sex marriage, it must be okay.
Robsan5

La Mesa, CA

#15512 Aug 5, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes the absence of a statement means that.
If your mom told you as you grew from a child to a teen, that your purpose in life was to find someone of the same sex, marry them and live long and happily, where in that statement would you assume your mom was also saying that it was okay to find someone of the opposite sex, hopefully have children and live long and happily?
Well that is what pro-same sex marriage people are assuming of what God didn't say as what he was also saying. Follow the logic?
God told his first son and daughter that their purpose was to become one in a relationship and (hopefully) have children. That message was passed down from them to their children and their children etc. It was such an important command that it was one of the first commands given to the children of God.
So (as not the first time it has been done I am sure) we have recent generations that want to "assume" that since God didn't out right exclude same sex marriage, it must be okay.
You are making an assumption.
And you are adding to the bible.
Proverb 30:6.

Robert
Robsan5

La Mesa, CA

#15513 Aug 5, 2012
Ken wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert,
Not really...unfortunately one does have to get down into the gutter sometimes.
Ken
It is never a requirement.

Robert
Robsan5

La Mesa, CA

#15515 Aug 5, 2012
Ken wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert,
1967 is quite a bit before the gay movement....hardly think the justices were thinking of that.
Marriage is not called a civil right in the Constitution, and no judge, not even 9 judges decide how I will believe. I will obey the law, but I have every right to try to overturn it. Roe v. Wade has lost considerable support since it became law.
Remember the Dred Scott decision? Shows the Supreme Court CAN be wrong.
Race and sexual orientation are not the same issue.
Ken
Are you a strict constitutionalist?
Race and sexual orientation are the same, when that is used as a basis for discrimination. Just like age, religion, creed, marital status, etc...

Robert
Ken

Concord, CA

#15516 Aug 5, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is never a requirement.
Robert
Never claimed to be perfect.
Ken

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#15517 Aug 5, 2012
Ken wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay,dances..peeeing wherever is a stretch...at least be a little discreet.
Mercy! Where do you live with all this going on? Or am I way too sheltered?
What about children seeing such an act? I doubt you would say that is alright? I think it does matter.
it's pretty much the law of the land, ken... men can pee where and when they need to, and women have to go hide someplace.

um, ken... kids seeing such an act as peeing?! kids do pee. they've seen it all before and they'll see it all again.

tell me something... do you have kids? haven't they every seen you pee? didn't you ever see your dad or your mom pee? how about brothers and sisters?

good lord, you must have led a sheltered life.
Ken

Concord, CA

#15519 Aug 5, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a strict constitutionalist?
Race and sexual orientation are the same, when that is used as a basis for discrimination. Just like age, religion, creed, marital status, etc...
Robert
Marriage has never been declared a civil right.

31 states have voted gay marriage down. Are they all wrong?

Ken
Robsan5

La Mesa, CA

#15520 Aug 5, 2012
Ken wrote:
<quoted text>
Never claimed to be perfect.
Ken
No, I didn't think you were. I just thought you had a better role-model to follow, that's all.
At least Kom hides his hatred and disgust very well.

Robert
Ken

Concord, CA

#15521 Aug 5, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
it's pretty much the law of the land, ken... men can pee where and when they need to, and women have to go hide someplace.
um, ken... kids seeing such an act as peeing?! kids do pee. they've seen it all before and they'll see it all again.
tell me something... do you have kids? haven't they every seen you pee? didn't you ever see your dad or your mom pee? how about brothers and sisters?
good lord, you must have led a sheltered life.
What say we drop this topic after this?

Try exposing yourself by a school, even for nature's call, and let me know how that was received?

Don't know about you, but for modesty sake, bathroom doors were shut in my house.

Guess we are not all raised the same.

ps/I volunteer for a local police entity, and there is a misdemeanor violation code for public urination...So be aware!
Robsan5

La Mesa, CA

#15522 Aug 5, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone has a choice just like you, when you chose to be a Queer. I chose to be straight. Normal people make the right choice. You know where that leaves you. LMFAO
Are you saying that men sexually excite you, but you "choose" not to act on that attraction?
I am a nasty ass queer because you want me to be, remember?
And, yes, you mention "ass" again. It is obvious that you are sexually attracted to men.

Robert the nasty ass queer (just for you!)

“II Samuel 1:26”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#15523 Aug 5, 2012
Ken wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage has never been declared a civil right.
31 states have voted gay marriage down. Are they all wrong?
Ken
The SCOTUS has ruled that marriage is a fundamental right at least fourteen times. See Loving v Virginia for an example.
Ken

Concord, CA

#15524 Aug 5, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I didn't think you were. I just thought you had a better role-model to follow, that's all.
At least Kom hides his hatred and disgust very well.
Robert
Being a bit testy tonight, Robert.
Must say I've seen some unkind words from you as well to others.
Guess when you do it that's different?
Ken

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 8 min cpeter1313 46,280
News Anxiety in America up since Donald Trump became... 41 min jonjedi 31
News 'Reading a book can't turn you gay,' say author... 2 hr Wondering 18
News Perry blasts election of 1st gay Texas A&M stud... 2 hr jonjedi 3
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 3 hr guest 1,326
News Man Beat 2 Transgender Women Who Tried to Enter... 3 hr Mona 40
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 3 hr carter county res... 25,230
More from around the web