Should same-sex marriage become legal?

Sep 25, 2011 Full story: MLive.com 15,293

Between 2000 and 2005, the number of same-sex couples in the United States increased by more than 20 percent, according to the Williams Institute, a think tank concerned with laws and public policy related to sexual orientation.

Full Story
Kom2

Miami, FL

#14395 Jun 28, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but if you must believe that nonsense, please do. The fact remains, there is insufficient water in the world to accomplish the task. For example, experts agree, if all the water available in the world were melted from ice fields, brought up from underground, condensed from the sky, and dumped into the oceans, the mean level of the oceans would rise by only a little more than one meter. That is hardly enough to cover Mt. Ararat. Using only the Book of Geneses, please explain what commandments were broken.
My friend, you miss the point of who is God. He created all, I do think that he can make rain appear and disappear. The ten commandments were written by the finger of God, given to Moses in Exodus. God is the creater, he takes and gives. He is the Judge, Jury and Executioner.
Kom2

Miami, FL

#14396 Jun 28, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
God failed to succeed getting rid of corruption of the flesh. Of course God would already know that right?(smile)
My friend, God did not fail. He did rid of all corruption,(at that time). He knew that evil will onecs again corrupt some of us, but the things were worst then, then now.
Kom2

Miami, FL

#14397 Jun 28, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
So in a fit of anger, your god murdered every baby and child on the planet?
That makes your god a sociopathic murderer. And if you believe this story, it makes you psychotic.
My friend, God gets angry yes, but he did not do so out of Anger. He tried to change them, he gave them signs, yet they did not listen. The people that were caught in the flood were beyond able to be reached for they were not there. It is not known nor is it in the Bible but Ive heard that God stopped any more children from being born so that they may not be killed in the Flood. But if they were caught in the Flood, they are now in Heaven with Jesus.
Many will mock us, they will come up with many names for us, but we shall never lose Faith.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#14398 Jun 28, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, we are all children of God. But forget not that God promised Mary and Joseph a son that would one day die for us all.
do you know who jesus's earthly father was? it wasn't joseph, and he wasn't the progeny of any god. mary's cousin's husband is the one who got mary pregnant. the rest was a huge coverup so that they wouldn't stone mary to death.

please get some education.

Location hidden

#14399 Jun 28, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, The women who are ‘speaking’ in this passage are not addressing the assembly in a leadership role, they were talking while the worship service was in progress, disrupting it with questions about the proceedings.
Paul says that the questions should not be asked during church, but afterwards at home.
If Paul had meant to say,‘it is not permitted for women to preach,’ he would have used a different verb, and would have cast it in the aorist infinitive.
The Greek verb translated ‘remain silent’ means to refrain from talking out of respect, just as we do not talk during prayer.
Paul is saying that the women who are students in a class must not disrupt the class and they must respect the teacher who, is a woman herself. Of course, all students must do that, but in this case the problem was with the women who were in a situation with which they were unaccustomed
then stop disrupting the class and listen to your teachers. you are acting like the class clown here with your uneducated ravings.

Location hidden

#14400 Jun 28, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, The women who are ‘speaking’ in this passage are not addressing the assembly in a leadership role, they were talking while the worship service was in progress, disrupting it with questions about the proceedings.
Paul says that the questions should not be asked during church, but afterwards at home.
If Paul had meant to say,‘it is not permitted for women to preach,’ he would have used a different verb, and would have cast it in the aorist infinitive.
The Greek verb translated ‘remain silent’ means to refrain from talking out of respect, just as we do not talk during prayer.
Paul is saying that the women who are students in a class must not disrupt the class and they must respect the teacher who, is a woman herself. Of course, all students must do that, but in this case the problem was with the women who were in a situation with which they were unaccustomed
please answer a question for me... what is the subject of this discussion supposed to be?
Kom2

Miami, FL

#14401 Jun 28, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
do you know who jesus's earthly father was? it wasn't joseph, and he wasn't the progeny of any god. mary's cousin's husband is the one who got mary pregnant. the rest was a huge coverup so that they wouldn't stone mary to death.
please get some education.
My friend, you are right in some but not other. Jesus's earth Father was Joseph, but Mary was never inpregnated by her cousin's husband, but by the Holy Spirit. If I may ask, where you read that, so that I may read it.
Kom2

Miami, FL

#14402 Jun 28, 2012
<quoted text>
then stop disrupting the class and listen to your teachers. you are acting like the class clown here with your uneducated ravings.
My friend, I have only one teacher, and it is not you. Ive known all that I have posted.
Join Free
Horny Perv

Spokane, WA

#14403 Jun 28, 2012
I don't know why the hell not.
Robsan5

United States

#14404 Jun 28, 2012
Horny Perv wrote:
I don't know why the hell not.
I'm still waiting for a valid argument against it...

Robert

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#14405 Jun 28, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, God gets angry yes, but he did not do so out of Anger. He tried to change them, he gave them signs, yet they did not listen. The people that were caught in the flood were beyond able to be reached for they were not there. It is not known nor is it in the Bible but Ive heard that God stopped any more children from being born so that they may not be killed in the Flood. But if they were caught in the Flood, they are now in Heaven with Jesus.
Many will mock us, they will come up with many names for us, but we shall never lose Faith.
So...god knew in advance that everyone would be evil and he would have to kill them...knowing they would be evil he prevented children from being born all over the world so that when he killed everyone for being evil - which he knew would happen - none of the innocent children would be killed.

Hmmm

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Robsan5

United States

#14406 Jun 28, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
So...god knew in advance that everyone would be evil and he would have to kill them...knowing they would be evil he prevented children from being born all over the world so that when he killed everyone for being evil - which he knew would happen - none of the innocent children would be killed.
Hmmm
BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Sounds an awful lot like the plot to the Matrix movies....

Robert
adriana

Philadelphia, PA

#14407 Jun 28, 2012
ABW wrote:
Marriage is a religious covenant between a man and a woman blessed by a religious faith. There is no form of religious faith that sanctions marriage by definition in any other form. Its that simple Gay Marriage is therefore impossible.[/quote]
So you're saying that a non-religious person can't get married either then? Hmm...
What about, oh I don't know, NON-Abrahamic religions. My mother is Hindu, one of the oldest religions in the world. There is nothing formally against gay marriage in the religion, therefore someone Hindu, Buddhist, Pagan, etc should be allowed to get married.
[Quote]
A civil union on the other hand is a form on contractual agreement between two people. That's the best you can do there. To call it marriage is to pervert the term. Why not then let me marry my sister or a father his daughter, or multiple wives?
Sorry marriage exists in only one form...the joining of a man and a woman.
The reason why a man can't marry his daughter is because biologically and genetically this is shown to create problems for the children. Its a health issue.
Gay marriage? I doubt it actually harms anyone except the people themselves (who unfortunately deal with so much discrimination in their lives). Why should another persons life decisions affect you?? Why should you care if someone wants to marry a person of the same sex??
People say "if they allow same sex marriage, then children will get ideas"; well then good, closeted gay children will feel less worried about coming out. As for other children, I doubt they'll be affected. You either are gay or aren't....or bi or transgendered lol.

Location hidden

#14408 Jun 28, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, I have only one teacher, and it is not you. Ive known all that I have posted.
who's that, your daddy? well, he's screwed up your head.
Kom2

Miami, FL

#14409 Jun 28, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm
BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
My friend, God knows all yes. He knows you, me and the world. Hes known us since before the Earth was even created. If God did not know all then he wouldent be God.
Kom2

Miami, FL

#14410 Jun 28, 2012
<quoted text>
who's that, your daddy? well, he's screwed up your head.
My friend, there is only one who has taught me right from wrong, the way of good, the truth and of Jesus. The one of whom I speak of is not just my Father but he is also yours. I speak of God my friend.

My friend do you think that God sends people to Hell? He does not, but we send ourselves there because it is a choice we make.

Do you think that God hates the sinner? He does not, he Loves them as he does the rest for Jesus died for them on the cross.

Do you think God gets angry when you curse his name, ignore him and Hate him?
He does not, for instead he cries and trys to get your attention because he Loves you with all of Life.

Since: Sep 10

United States

#14411 Jun 28, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>

First of all, I've heard that explanation but prevalent in Paul's time, there were no women teaching and Paul made it quite clear that women were never to teach men. Your comment is readily debated by authorities on scripture, as well. However, beside the point Paul's comments on propriety for women was only touched on here. You skipped over the rest of my comment. And, since there were no women teachers at the time Paul wrote his epistles, the idea that women were interrupting isn't highly feasible as an explanation.

Since: Sep 10

United States

#14412 Jun 28, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know you accept what you have posted as truth. However you can no more prove it to be true than can anyone. You conveniently said you heard God stopped babies from being born and that, though some would call you what they would, you would never lose faith. All that says in the end is that you are satisfied, which is fine, but it is not acceptable as facutal proof.

Since: Aug 11

Santa Cruz, CA

#14413 Jun 28, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, you miss the point of who is God. He created all, I do think that he can make rain appear and disappear. The ten commandments were written by the finger of God, given to Moses in Exodus. God is the creater, he takes and gives. He is the Judge, Jury and Executioner.
How do you know that?

Since: Aug 11

Santa Cruz, CA

#14414 Jun 28, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>

My friend do you think that God sends people to Hell? He does not, but we send ourselves there because it is a choice we make.
I agree and disagree. Hell is not an actual place. Hell is a metaphoric place we send ourselves too during our lives.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ben Carson Warns Gay Couples Against Pushing Ba... 1 min Benny 51
Man takes legal action after Denver baker refus... 6 min Neandertroll 397
Same-Sex Marriage Trumps Religious Liberty in N... (Aug '13) 8 min NorCal Native 1,002
where is frankie 13 min Blanche 9
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 16 min Not Yet Equal 57,083
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 19 min Rick in Kansas 8,296
GOP hopefuls weigh in on gay marriage 27 min woodtick57 73
Victim testifies at Boy Scout sex trial about m... 31 min Wondering 35
More from around the web