Should same-sex marriage become legal?

Should same-sex marriage become legal?

There are 15309 comments on the MLive.com story from Sep 25, 2011, titled Should same-sex marriage become legal?. In it, MLive.com reports that:

Between 2000 and 2005, the number of same-sex couples in the United States increased by more than 20 percent, according to the Williams Institute, a think tank concerned with laws and public policy related to sexual orientation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MLive.com.

Robsan5

San Diego, CA

#11065 Apr 12, 2012
Honest AbeL wrote:
Proof of what? That mentally incompetent people cannot marry? You must be arguing for the sake of arguing
<quoted text>
You are making claims, then you don't show any proof? Sounds you are arguing in circles....
Prove that the "mentally defective" can't marry if you can...
Although it is completely irrelevant to the topic.

Robert
Robsan5

San Diego, CA

#11066 Apr 12, 2012
Honest AbeL wrote:
Sorry but it is still not recognized by most states or the feds
<quoted text>
Gee, is the number of states in which it's legal increasing, or decreasing?
You are on the wrong side of history.

Robert

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#11067 Apr 12, 2012
Are you 10 years old? Do you know anything about entering into a contract? It is not irrelevant by any means. Read up

http://books.google.com/books...
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are making claims, then you don't show any proof? Sounds you are arguing in circles....
Prove that the "mentally defective" can't marry if you can...
Although it is completely irrelevant to the topic.
Robert
very kinky

United States

#11068 Apr 12, 2012
Honest AbeL wrote:
Mentally defective persons are often denied the right to marry. That is why they started off with the APA
<quoted text>
Its not mentally"defective" persons. But rather those who are autistic or slow, they are not capable of achieving the maturity required for a legally binding marriage. You could claim a depressed person is "mentally defective." They can still marry. My point is IF you were to view homosexuality as a mental defect,(which I don't) it would be more similar to depression rather than retardation or autism.

Location hidden

#11069 Apr 12, 2012
Not at all. We still have Scalia
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, is the number of states in which it's legal increasing, or decreasing?
You are on the wrong side of history.
Robert
Robsan5

San Diego, CA

#11071 Apr 12, 2012
Honest AbeL wrote:
Not at all. We still have Scalia
<quoted text>
Are you saying the number of states that have legal same-sex marriage is decreasing? 15 years ago, none. Today, what's the count, like 8?
Or are you praying for Scalia to save you? Good luck with that.

Robert

Location hidden

#11072 Apr 12, 2012
It isn't decreasing yet but it will once it hits SCOTUS
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying the number of states that have legal same-sex marriage is decreasing? 15 years ago, none. Today, what's the count, like 8?
Or are you praying for Scalia to save you? Good luck with that.
Robert

Location hidden

#11073 Apr 12, 2012
It is obvious they can't reach a level of maturity to get past the girls have cooties stage
very kinky wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not mentally"defective" persons. But rather those who are autistic or slow, they are not capable of achieving the maturity required for a legally binding marriage. You could claim a depressed person is "mentally defective." They can still marry. My point is IF you were to view homosexuality as a mental defect,(which I don't) it would be more similar to depression rather than retardation or autism.

“You wish you were here!!”

Since: May 09

The OC

#11074 Apr 12, 2012
Vance1 wrote:
<quoted text>
its just how "THEY" are, they can impose on you, But you shouldnt impose on them, its that same old liberal double standard.
That sure is the truth. They are all for freedom expression unless you are stating conservative ideas then they need to shout you down. And they are all for "love and tolerance" as long as you agree with them.
Robsan5

San Diego, CA

#11076 Apr 12, 2012
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
That sure is the truth. They are all for freedom expression unless you are stating conservative ideas then they need to shout you down. And they are all for "love and tolerance" as long as you agree with them.
That sure is the truth. They are all for freedom expression unless you are stating liberal ideas then they need to shout you down. And they are all for "love and tolerance" as long as you agree with them.

Wow, funny how that works both ways....

Robert
very kinky

United States

#11077 Apr 12, 2012
Honest AbeL wrote:
It is obvious they can't reach a level of maturity to get past the girls have cooties stage
<quoted text>
I'm not the one attacking another person who has done nothing. You might as well plug your ears and say lalalala. If you won't listen to reason and education, you are no more mature than a third grader.

“Nirvana”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#11078 Apr 12, 2012
why don't law makers leave heterosexual marriage to the church and make civil unions so they have the same legal rights as marriages; at least then christians (except praps gay ones) would be happy with their santity of marriage speil & gay couples would be happy with having the same legal rights as straight couples

Location hidden

#11079 Apr 12, 2012
Who did I attack?
very kinky wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one attacking another person who has done nothing. You might as well plug your ears and say lalalala. If you won't listen to reason and education, you are no more mature than a third grader.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#11080 Apr 12, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Calling you "sugar tits? Is Mona Lott real and not just a figment of our imagination? I cannot believe the nonsense that Ladyboy posts. Mona is an extreme whack job no matter how you slice it.
I agree 100%, what you say is all true
Mona is a whacked out far left Communistic insane person.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#11082 Apr 12, 2012
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen all very true!!

But I will always agree to disagree with any and all Homosexuals or the wierdo's that support them.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#11083 Apr 12, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you show proof for this claim?
Did you have to prove that you were not mentally defective when you got married?
Robert
"Honest AbeL" just makes up stuff.
Robsan5

San Diego, CA

#11084 Apr 12, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Honest AbeL" just makes up stuff.
It has always amazed me how often non-Christians need to remind Christians how to be Christians....

Robert

Location hidden

#11085 Apr 12, 2012
That makes no sense.
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
It has always amazed me how often non-Christians need to remind Christians how to be Christians....
Robert

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#11086 Apr 12, 2012
Honest AbeL wrote:
That makes no sense.
<quoted text>
Figures, coming from you.
Robsan5

San Diego, CA

#11087 Apr 12, 2012
Honest AbeL wrote:
That makes no sense.
<quoted text>
Oh, did I type it too fast for you?
Try saying it slowly, and you can move your lips if you need too....

Robert

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 3 min Frankie Rizzo 25,628
Big Memorial Day Party 9 min Imprtnrd 5
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 9 min Rose_NoHo 438
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 22 min Truth 49,261
News Katherine Clark, Betsy DeVos get into heated di... 25 min Rainbow Kid 4
Gay oovoo (Dec '12) 31 min Bob smith 64
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 33 min Junket 13,559
News Middle School Gay-Straight Alliance Allowed To ... 58 min Doctor Feelgood 35
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr BOSE 5,993
More from around the web