Actor Victor Garber Has Low-Key Secon...

Actor Victor Garber Has Low-Key Second Coming Out

There are 8 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Jan 16, 2013, titled Actor Victor Garber Has Low-Key Second Coming Out . In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

For those who were baffled and confused by actress/director/producer Jodi Foster’s coming out speech, the coming out of actor Victor Garber will seem like a pleasant change of pace. Known for his roles in “Deception”, “Alias”, and “Titanic”, Garber confirmed that he is gay in one of the most low key coming outs out there.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

#1 Jan 16, 2013
I saw him on "FRASIER". I don't think there has been any tv series with so many regular actors on it who are gay and guest actors on it who are gay.

If anyone can name a series with more gay actors on it, I'd like to hear it.

Some of the gay actors on "FRASIER" are David Hyde-Pierce, Dan Butler, Edward Hibbert, David Ogden-Stiers, Victor Garber, Derek Jacobi, Nathan Lane, and John Glover. I'm sure I missed mentioning some of the others.
SLIF

Hamilton, Canada

#2 Jan 16, 2013
Try Bewitched.The second Darin,the mother in law,the father in law,one of the twins who played Tabitha,the next door neighbors husband and uncle Arthur.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#3 Jan 16, 2013
You GO, Victor! Is anyone old enough to recall "Godspell" where a very young Victor Garber played the messiah role and wore VERY tight blue pants? We saw a LOT of the holy rod in that scene!

Palm Springs, California

#4 Jan 16, 2013
Cal In AZ wrote:
I saw him on "FRASIER". I don't think there has been any tv series with so many regular actors on it who are gay and guest actors on it who are gay.
Some of the gay actors on "FRASIER" are David Hyde-Pierce, Dan Butler, Edward Hibbert, David Ogden-Stiers, Victor Garber, Derek Jacobi, Nathan Lane, and John Glover. I'm sure I missed mentioning some of the others.
The producer and head writer of that show were gay and their take on Frasier and Niles was to play them as gay heterosexuals. Several episodes involved gay themes, and once Frasier was trying to cozy up his new gay boss and the boss thought Frasier was coming on to him. Another, Frasier was wearing too tight shorts, due to his pants being torn and accidentally went into a gay bar and was "outed" by one of his listeners the next day.

Coolidge, AZ

#5 Jan 16, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>The producer and head writer of that show were gay and their take on Frasier and Niles was to play them as gay heterosexuals. Several episodes involved gay themes, and once Frasier was trying to cozy up his new gay boss and the boss thought Frasier was coming on to him. Another, Frasier was wearing too tight shorts, due to his pants being torn and accidentally went into a gay bar and was "outed" by one of his listeners the next day.
I think "FRASIER" is the funniest and BEST-WRITTEN sitcom ever.(I was NOT a fan of "CHEERS"). I believe I have seen every episode of "FRASIER" and still watch it.

Did you ever see "The Simpsons" episode "The Brother From Another Series" ?(Get the double joke ? LOL :))

Palm Springs, California

#6 Jan 16, 2013
Cal In AZ wrote:
<quoted text>
I think "FRASIER" is the funniest and BEST-WRITTEN sitcom ever.(I was NOT a fan of "CHEERS"). I believe I have seen every episode of "FRASIER" and still watch it.
Did you ever see "The Simpsons" episode "The Brother From Another Series" ?(Get the double joke ? LOL :))
Oddly enough, I just about a half hour ago turned on my TV and that very episode of Frasier going into the gay bar was on. My psychic powers show up once again.
SLIF

Brampton, Canada

#7 Jan 16, 2013
Cal In AZ wrote:
Aren't there any girls on this show?It's like looking at the cast of the Looney Tunes cartoons.Males only.

Coolidge, AZ

#8 Jan 16, 2013
SLIF wrote:
<quoted text>Aren't there any girls on this show?It's like looking at the cast of the Looney Tunes cartoons.Males only.
I was mentioning ONLY gay actors. There are plenty of women on the show, many were Frasier's love interest.

I didn't metntion any actresses in the other post because to the best of my knowledege, there were no openly lesbians on the show. And I'm sure I forgot to mention other gay actors on the show.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 8 min River Tam 11,948
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 49 min Brian_G 36,269
News Feds' transgender guidance provokes fierce back... 1 hr Ronald 1,069
News Anti-Gay Jehovah's Witness Cartoon Tells Kids T... 1 hr Belles Echoes 2,137
News 'Gay sex causes earthquakes' says conservative ... 1 hr wichita-rick 17
News Mary Cheney says sister is 'dead wrong' on same... (Sep '13) 2 hr H Dubya 167
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 4 hr June VanDerMark 10,357
More from around the web