Mike Huckabee Claims He Isn't A Homop...

Mike Huckabee Claims He Isn't A Homophobe, Goes On To Be One On Show

There are 13 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Jul 3, 2013, titled Mike Huckabee Claims He Isn't A Homophobe, Goes On To Be One On Show. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

Former Governor Mike Huckabee attacked the recent Supreme Court decisions on DOM and Prop 8 with the usual lies, mistruths, and distortions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

#1 Jul 3, 2013
A lying bigot on Fox Noise? How shocking.

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#3 Jul 3, 2013
So I understand Mike Huckabee advises, "let’s make all consensual adult behaviors legal, whether prostitution, assisted suicide, or even drinking 16 ounce sodas in New York City."

Wow, well, okay, since he said so ...
BS Detector

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Jul 3, 2013
Otter in the Ozarks wrote:
So I understand Mike Huckabee advises, "let’s make all consensual adult behaviors legal, whether prostitution, assisted suicide, or even drinking 16 ounce sodas in New York City."
Wow, well, okay, since he said so ...
I agree with you... except for that 16 oz. soda. There, I have to draw the line.
BS Detector

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Jul 3, 2013
GoldenGator wrote:
A lying bigot on Fox Noise? How shocking.
You are such a hypocrite, and a lying bigot yourself.

How shocking.(Not really. Quite expected.)

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#6 Jul 3, 2013
Denial?

I'll bet Mike is gay as a three legged duck.

"In an earlier study, conducted by the Department of Psychology, University of Georgia in 1996, it was found that homophobia is associated with homosexual arousal that the homophobic individual is either unaware of or denies."

http://www.ibtimes.com/homophobes-likely-be-c... #

The study is the first to document the role that both parenting and sexual orientation play in the formation of intense and visceral fear of homosexuals, including self-reported homophobic attitudes, discriminatory bias, implicit hostility towards gays, and endorsement of anti-gay policies. Conducted by a team from the University of Rochester, the University of Essex, England, and the University of California in Santa Barbara, the research will be published the April issue of the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/04/...
BS Detector

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Jul 4, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
Denial?
I'll bet Mike is gay as a three legged duck.
Amazing how the more militant/ridiculous always make the immediate and frenzied claim of "I bet he's really a closet queen."

Can't somebody dare disagree with, or just plain not like you, and still be straight?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#9 Jul 4, 2013
Never "straight".

Gaily forward!
BS Detector

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Jul 4, 2013
Amazing. I seriously agreed with "Otter in the Ozarks" and still got judged as spam, nuts and clueless by the silly emoticons.

And you wonder why I take so few of you idiots seriously.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#12 Jul 4, 2013
BS Detector wrote:
<quoted text> Amazing how the more militant/ridiculous always make the immediate and frenzied claim of "I bet he's really a closet queen."
Can't somebody dare disagree with, or just plain not like you, and still be straight?
Because studies show a high per cent of homophobic people are self-hating homosexuals in denial.

Your BS detector is faulty.

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

#13 Jul 4, 2013
BS Detector wrote:
<quoted text> You are such a hypocrite, and a lying bigot yourself.
How shocking.(Not really. Quite expected.)
Well I guess you told me. Your insightful exposure of my hypocrisy, lies, and bigotry cause me no end of embarrassment. You've left me utterly devastated, and I hang my head in shame.
BS Detector

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Jul 4, 2013
GoldenGator wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I guess you told me. Your insightful exposure of my hypocrisy, lies, and bigotry cause me no end of embarrassment. You've left me utterly devastated, and I hang my head in shame.
You should.

But you do get points for good sarcasm.
BS Detector

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Jul 4, 2013
That should read: "You should, but you won't. You're proud of your prejudice. Not sure why your prejudice is so much better than Huckabee's"

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#16 Jul 5, 2013
BS Detector wrote:
<quoted text> Amazing how the more militant/ridiculous always make the immediate and frenzied claim of "I bet he's really a closet queen."
I agree with you to a point. Although it is true that many homophobes are actually closeted, I doubt it applies to all of them. And I don't think it is in any way helpful for people to repeatedly make this claim about every single homophobe, unless it's reasonably obvious.

It's more effective (and fun) to wait until they get caught toe tapping in airport stalls, sending naughty emails to interns or taking rentboys on vacation... that kind of thing. It certainly happens often enough to substantiate the claim that SOME of the most virulently anti-gay bigots are indeed self-loathing closet cases.

But yes... some people are just ignorant bigots who may not be gay at all. Huckleberry Hick may not be gay, but he's certainly in denial about being a homophobe. It's like a racist who says, "I have nothing against black people, I think everyone should own one."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 4 min Tre H 17,647
News Texas middle school teachers resign after anti-... 8 min Wondering 11
News Trump appointee resigns after racist, sexist an... 12 min Wondering 95
News Former OKC Mayor blames homosexuality for moral... 15 min Wondering 655
News Why Gay Is Not the New Black 1 hr Denigrade 12
News Conductor And Pastor Reflect On SF Gay Men's Ch... 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 7
News Police probe racist, anti-gay banners found out... 1 hr Wondering 4
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 2 hr Ramos 27,304
News Gay Cakes Are Not a Constitutional Right 4 hr Hudson 986
More from around the web