Reaction Swift To Cardinal George’s Attack On Marriage Equality

Jan 1, 2013 | Posted by: Sei | Full story: lezgetreal.com

As Marriage Equality comes to Illinois, it is not surprising that a pastoral letter has been issued by Cardinal George of Chicago attacking the very need to have marriage evolve. Cardinal George wrote “It is physically impossible for two men or two women to consummate a marriage, even when they share a deep friendship or love.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Old windbag!
david traversa

Cordoba, Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

If consummation is all that matters any hooker or call-boy does better than any husband or wife..

“Some people are gay - get over”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Consummation = marriage? Really?

That's an interesting position.

The RCC is over concerned about sex. Why is that exactly?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

KirkW wrote:
Consummation = marriage? Really?
That's an interesting position.
The RCC is over concerned about sex. Why is that exactly?
Because the guys who run it never get any.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

con·sum·mate
[kon-suh-meyt; kuh n-suhm-it, kon-suh-mit] Show IPA verb, con·sum·mat·ed, con·sum·mat·ing, adjective.
verb (used with object)
to bring to a state of perfection; fulfill.
to complete (an arrangement, agreement, or the like) by a pledge or the signing of a contract: The company consummated its deal to buy a smaller firm.
to complete (the union of a marriage) by the first marital sexual intercourse.
adjective
complete or perfect; supremely skilled; superb: a consummate master of the violin.
being of the highest or most extreme degree: a work of consummate skill; an act of consummate savagery.

My spouse and I have been "consummating" our heads off. I think the Cardinal needs to keep his mouth shut, and do a little more thinking on the matter.
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

snyper wrote:
Old windbag!
Cardinal George is almost 10 years younger than you, you old fart.
Normal Decent Hetero

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

I admire Cardinal George for standing up for what's right!

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Besides Illinois, Rhode Island will introduce a marriage equality bill tomorrow as well. Delaware is expected to act early this year as well.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

snyper wrote:
Old windbag!
That is being overly generous.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the guys who run it never get any.
Too simple.

I think Abrahmic religion's original view of sex was to equate it with the need to increase population in a world which was still hostile to human life in general and to religion minorities (in this case, the Hebrews) in particular. Hence lots of stuff in the Old Testament about women's "curse" and the need to avoid fucking around that time so that people would have sex in the most fertile part of the menstrual cycle. Then that repressed old queer Augustine came along and Christianity began to equate sex outside of reproductive purposes as some kind of sin. Remember that the church still does not approve of heterosexual oral sex. Still later, the Church as well as Islam realized that sex calms male people down and makes them less warlike, something less desireable when fighting religious wars.

Buddhism thinks sex is part of mana an also wants people to reject it as pleasure probably because it distracts from meditation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••