Judge: Churches can't defend Ill. gay...

Judge: Churches can't defend Ill. gay marriage ban

There are 23 comments on the www.wandtv.com story from Nov 30, 2012, titled Judge: Churches can't defend Ill. gay marriage ban. In it, www.wandtv.com reports that:

A Cook County judge says two suburban Chicago churches and the conservative Illinois Family Institute cannot intervene in a lawsuit over the state's ban on gay marriage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.wandtv.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#26 Dec 4, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>Churches indeed should stand up in all matters that include morals, and according to the Christian Bible all homosexual behavior is deeply immoral!
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,

2 To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.

3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.

4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#27 Dec 4, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>Churches indeed should stand up in all matters that include morals, and according to the Christian Bible all homosexual behavior is deeply immoral!
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
David, that's just Bronze Age babble.
This is the 21st Century. We don't have to worry about what's in the buy-bull.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#28 Dec 4, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You're the troll, Liar in Toronto, and an evil one at that.
There is no legitimate argument for the government being involved in any legal homosexual relationship.
Yes, there is, David, there are homosexual citizens.
Caleb wrote:
It is ludicrous for any homosexual 'couple' to want to get entangled in a huge body of law designed for very different relationships.
Homosexuals themselves have OVERWHELMINGLY rejected 'marriage' as an actual practice in EVERY country that allows it!
Homosexual 'marriage' is a cruel lie.
You just reached up past your head and pulled that out of your backside, David.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay Republican Iowa Senate Hopeful: I'm Not the... 3 min Stephany McDowell 1
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 3 min WasteWater 15,953
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 4 min OccupyThis 70
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 10 min Skippy 68,968
Is Fa-Foxy a Catholic? 13 min Queers and Jews Suck 475
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 31 min lides 38,788
News Transgender Ken doll cake triggers outrage afte... 1 hr Sneaky Pete 21
News Navy names ship after gay rights advocate Harve... 4 hr Bubba Cooder 205
More from around the web