Coloradans against civil-unions bill rally at state Capitol

Jan 25, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Denver Post

Part religious retreat, part political rally, a wave of speakers stood on the west steps of the state Capitol on Friday to denounce a civil-unions bill winding through the legislature.

Comments
41 - 49 of 49 Comments Last updated Feb 1, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#47 Jan 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>True, and no amendment for gender equality; the ERA failed ratification. Same sex marriage is unconstitutional.
By that reasoning MARRIAGE is unconstitutional.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#48 Jan 31, 2013
Marriage has always been gender diverse; same sex marriage introduces a new standard of gender segregation to marriage. Male/female marriage predates our Constitution, our languages and our religions. Be conservative, keep marriage as is, gender integrated marriage is superior to gender apartheid marriage.

Location hidden

#49 Jan 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Marriage has always been gender diverse; same sex marriage introduces a new standard of gender segregation to marriage. Male/female marriage predates our Constitution, our languages and our religions. Be conservative, keep marriage as is, gender integrated marriage is superior to gender apartheid marriage.
Traditions or religions or whatever, marriage remains, by your thought system, Unconstitutional.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#50 Jan 31, 2013
Segregation and apartheid are ways of keeping people apart and denying equal treatment under the law.

Marriage equality brings people together and expands equal treatment. It is the opposite of segregation and apartheid.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#51 Feb 1, 2013
Think about it; same sex marriage is gender segregation marriage. A new standard of gender apartheid brought to marriage, changing that institution for everyone.
What they want is ersatz equality, because anyone with common sense knows men and women are different.
No Way

Broomfield, CO

#52 Feb 1, 2013
Yeah right. Just by looking at the comments here and elsewhere, your idea of "marriage equality" is really bringing people together.

Location hidden

#53 Feb 1, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Think about it; same sex marriage is gender segregation marriage. A new standard of gender apartheid brought to marriage, changing that institution for everyone.
What they want is ersatz equality, because anyone with common sense knows men and women are different.
Segregation connotes force. There is nothing forced.

There is only marriage, and the parties who wish to enter into it. The sex of the parties is legally irrelevant.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#54 Feb 1, 2013
They force a new standard of gender segregation marriage without the consent of the governed. Same sex marriage is unconstitutional.

Location hidden

#55 Feb 1, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
They force a new standard of gender segregation marriage without the consent of the governed. Same sex marriage is unconstitutional.
You are behaving irrationally.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 min The_Box 3,005
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 7 min BoDidHe 49,474
Once more on fascism knocking on the Balkan doo... (Aug '09) 8 min Hungarian 101 1,040
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 9 min RevKen 24,869
California Takes a Stand Against Gay and Trans ... 10 min WeTheSheeple 22
if being gay is so right, why do gay people fe... (Feb '07) 13 min NorCal Native 17,968
Gay taunts 'a little bit like racism' 17 min Wondering 7
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 18 min Pietro Armando 54,848
Gay Marriage Vs. the First Amendment 29 min Wondering 393
Legislature Says No to "Gay Panic" Defense 32 min Wondering 92
Supreme Court: Was gay marriage settled in 1972... 39 min Frankie Rizzo 526
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••