Anti-Gay Christianity Claims Another ...

Anti-Gay Christianity Claims Another Life

There are 19 comments on the www.huffingtonpost.com story from Jul 17, 2013, titled Anti-Gay Christianity Claims Another Life. In it, www.huffingtonpost.com reports that:

By all accounts, Carlos was a terrific young man: compassionate, thoughtful, kind, actively engaged in helping young people deal with the devastating effects of being bullied.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.huffingtonpost.com.

Fabulous Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#3 Jul 17, 2013
News organizatons should publish the names and addresses of the 'preachers' that use their bully pulpits to cause death and destruction in their communities
They are nothing more than organized crime bosses
For starters; the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) publishes a basic list of the worst of the worst
++++++++++
1. Abiding Truth Ministries (Scott Lively)
2. American Family Association (Tim Wildmon; Bryan Fischer)
3. Americans for Truth About Homosexuality (Peter LaBarbera)
4. American Vision (Gary DeMar)
5. Chalcedon Foundation (R. J. Rushdoony)
6. Christian Anti-Defamation Commission (Gary Cass)
7. Concerned Women for America (Beverly LaHaye)
8. Coral Ridge Ministries (Robert Knight)
9. Dove World Outreach Center (Terry Jones)
10. Faithful Word Baptist Church (Steven Anderson)
11. Family Research Council (Tony Perkins)
12. Family research Institute (Paul Cameron)
13. Heterosexuals Organized for a Moral Environment (Wayne Lela)
14. Illinois Family Institute (Laurie Higgins)
15. Liberty Council (Matt Barber; Peter LaBarbera)
16. Mass Resistance (Brian Camenker)
17. National Organization for Marriage (Maggie Gallagher; Robert George; Brian Brown)
18. Traditional Values Coalition (Lou Sheldon; Andrea Lafferty)
http://splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligenc...

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

#4 Jul 17, 2013
Fabulous Rainbow Kid wrote:
News organizatons should publish the names and addresses of the 'preachers' that use their bully pulpits to cause death and destruction in their communities
For starters; the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) publishes a basic list of the worst of the worst
++++++++++
17. National Organization for Marriage (Maggie Gallagher; Robert George; Brian Brown)
I saw a story about this on tv either today or yesterday, I forget which, and although they interviewed his father and his brother, nobody, neither they, nor the person reading the story on the news, mentioned that he was gay.

This is so sad.:( I'm sorry.:(

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#5 Jul 18, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw a story about this on tv either today or yesterday, I forget which, and although they interviewed his father and his brother, nobody, neither they, nor the person reading the story on the news, mentioned that he was gay.
This is so sad.:( I'm sorry.:(
You and I seldom agree, but your compassion is a refreshing revelation. I agree 100%

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#7 Jul 18, 2013
Fabulous Rainbow Kid wrote:
++++++++++
and every one of them loves preaching the parable of the goats and the sheep. Yet when it comes to living it in their lives they search the Bible for every loophole they can to avoid treating us as their brothers, sisters, and neighbors.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#8 Jul 18, 2013
Good article and the keyword here is "ubiquitous." While liberal and progressive Christian are correct in saying homophobia is not in the words of Jesus, they are dead wrong if they say it is not the vast majority view in Christianity. Orthodox and Eastern churches, Mormonism (and it is not necessary for Daniel to go offtopic arguing about whether it is Christian or not as it is an offshoot, regardless), Roman Catholicism and its affiliates, and evangelical/fundamentalist Protestants all condemn gays. Who does that leave? Anglicans in developed countries, mainline Protestants, some of the Anabaptist-derived denominations, and some denominations like Quakerism and Unitarianism which really are questionably Christian. That is a very small number of Christians. Overestimating, I'd guess not more than 50 million out of 4 billion. That comes to 12.5% if my arithmetic is correct. So when we atheists condemn Christians for being backwards morons and liberal Christians argue back that "we are not all that way," it is outside the point. Most of you are that way, whether you consider these others to be Christian or not. And the argument that Roman Catholics do not really follow the pope in many countries is also spurious. To really not follow the pope, they would have to end their hypocrisy and join another church!

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#12 Jul 18, 2013
The AssTroll Stopper wrote:
(as usual, nothing worth repeating)
Sweetie, I've told you before that you are the last child on the short bus to be screaming that there is no such thing as homophobia. You would be the poster child for the search for a cure for it, if you weren't such a complete f*cking embarrassment to those who have to share in your mental illness.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#13 Jul 18, 2013
When are Homosexuals going to take responsibility for their own actions. They blame everybody but themselves.
By the way Queers, there's no such thing as homophobia. No one is afraid of you freaks.
I knew it, you and the liar from Tyler, Texas, REGINALD, SHAWN, ROYCE, both sounding off within minutes of each other, as usual.

MANASSAS and TYLER, sittin' in a tree,
K-I-S-S-I-N-G!
First comes love,
Then comes marriage,
Then comes MANASSAS with a baby carriage!

Palm Springs, California

#14 Jul 18, 2013
Roscoe wrote:
<quoted text>ROFL
Little liar.
Frontline Fighter

New Alexandria, PA

#15 Jul 18, 2013
As a Christian who has spent many, many hours in conservative, fundamentalist churches of many types I truthfully say I have NEVER heard anything anti-gay said in the pulpit. Nor have I ever heard anyone condone bullying in any way. To blame the death of every person who falls into self-pity and kills themselves on Christians is perfectly ludicrous. Christianity offers a way out of self-pity. Those who refuse to accept that become victims of themselves.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#16 Jul 18, 2013
Frontline Fighter wrote:
As a Christian who has spent many, many hours in conservative, fundamentalist churches of many types I truthfully say I have NEVER heard anything anti-gay said in the pulpit. Nor have I ever heard anyone condone bullying in any way. To blame the death of every person who falls into self-pity and kills themselves on Christians is perfectly ludicrous. Christianity offers a way out of self-pity. Those who refuse to accept that become victims of themselves.
Did you even take time to read the article. It does not blame all Christians, just what I would refer to as "Christians", which is a totally different puppy.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#19 Jul 18, 2013
You aren't worth being mad at sweetie, you're no more distressing than anything else that might get stuck to the bottom of my shoe. I'm merely trying to save you from continuing to humiliate yourself as you like to do. Here's a short list of subjects that you should avoid pontificating your views on because you are such a hilariously bad example, Christianity, the superiority of the heterosexual, homophobia, anything that involves facts, logic and the ability to reason and pretty much any subject requiring maturity to discuss. You'll hurt yourself.
Fabulous Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#20 Jul 18, 2013
<quoted text>
ROFLMFAO sounds like you're in the first grade. LMFAO
What grade are you in?
Fabulous Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#22 Jul 18, 2013
<quoted text>
I graguated 6 grad how bout youen ?
You lost interest?
Swede

United States

#23 Jul 18, 2013
Nobody is to blame when a person commits suicide except that person. But if you want to point a finger and blame something else, blame homosexuality.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#25 Jul 18, 2013
Swede wrote:
Nobody is to blame when a person commits suicide except that person. But if you want to point a finger and blame something else, blame homosexuality.
If you want to point a finger and blame something for why you are such a worthless piece of illiterate dung and an attention seeking troll, blame your daddy and his sister's (your momma's) bad genes and your trailer park upbringing.

Palm Springs, California

#28 Jul 18, 2013
When are Homosexuals going to take responsibility for their own actions. They blame everybody but themselves.
By the way Queers, there's no such thing as homophobia. No one is afraid of you freaks.
Why don't you come over here and wander naked in downtown Palm Springs and let's see how brave you are, big talker.

Now that I caught you in your LIES it is more easily understandable. It is YOU who makes all the false names. It is YOU who answers your own posts. It is YOU who puts smiley icons on your own posts. It is you.'The thing with a thousand names'. I knew it. PEPPER and ASS TROLL are only a small portion of your endless lying cowardly names. I knew it.

Palm Springs, California

#30 Jul 18, 2013
<quoted text>
I ask you again, do you really believe that?
Nope.

I already dealt with this in the Bill O'Rielly post. I was out of sorts earlier.

Anyway, I just baked my first blueberry pie this evening for the little DO I am having tomorrow and it turned out perfect.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#32 Jul 20, 2013
JohnInToronto wrote:
Good article and the keyword here is "ubiquitous." While liberal and progressive Christian are correct in saying homophobia is not in the words of Jesus, they are dead wrong if they say it is not the vast majority view in Christianity. Orthodox and Eastern churches, Mormonism (and it is not necessary for Daniel to go offtopic arguing about whether it is Christian or not as it is an offshoot, regardless), Roman Catholicism and its affiliates, and evangelical/fundamentalist Protestants all condemn gays. Who does that leave? Anglicans in developed countries, mainline Protestants, some of the Anabaptist-derived denominations, and some denominations like Quakerism and Unitarianism which really are questionably Christian. That is a very small number of Christians. Overestimating, I'd guess not more than 50 million out of 4 billion. That comes to 12.5% if my arithmetic is correct. So when we atheists condemn Christians for being backwards morons and liberal Christians argue back that "we are not all that way," it is outside the point. Most of you are that way, whether you consider these others to be Christian or not. And the argument that Roman Catholics do not really follow the pope in many countries is also spurious. To really not follow the pope, they would have to end their hypocrisy and join another church!
I agree with your comment it's a good article. But after that chill out girlfriend. If it weren't for this MINORITY OF CHRISTIANS you speak so lowly to,(and those of OTHER faiths as well) do you REALLY think YOU'D be where you are the GLBTUSA that you LEFT! would have accomplished so much in the last two years if we HAD STFU as you suggest?

I was going to save this for Pepper but you ticked me off (and you better watch cause we ALL know she/it will and then deny it):

BTW did you know that song is how Luther Van-dross got his break?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#33 Jul 20, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>I knew it, you and the liar from Tyler, Texas, REGINALD, SHAWN, ROYCE, both sounding off within minutes of each other, as usual.
MANASSAS and TYLER, sittin' in a tree,
K-I-S-S-I-N-G!
First comes love,
Then comes marriage,
Then comes MANASSAS with a baby carriage!
Nope. Sure there will be a lot of goo goo eyes back and forth. Giggles and snickers. Then they will both ride home ALONE and cranking up PINK in their pick ups TRUGHCKS.

Pink - U + Ur Hand [Lyrics]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News This gay Senate candidate is running in the lan... 1 min oh snap 48
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 3 hr superheterodyne 18
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 hr lake bay boy 38,754
News Pastors Rarely Asked to Wed Same-Sex Couples 4 hr WasteWater 72
News Dozens of homes hang rainbow flags after gay co... 4 hr Frankie Rizzo 2
News Lesbian pastor, United Methodist Church agree t... 6 hr Phyllis Schlafly ... 12
News How Donald Trump is slowly teaching Republicans... 6 hr Solid Blue November 40
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 7 hr who cares 15,833
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 19 hr Frankie Rizzo 68,957
More from around the web