elca boots homosexual pastor

elca boots homosexual pastor

Posted in the Gay/Lesbian Forum

Bill

Evansville, WI

#1 Feb 8, 2007
The ELCA has joined with the other ten largest religious bodies in America in ruling that a non-celibate homosexual, upholding their long-standing, biblically based policy, "Practicing homosexual persons are precluded from the ordained ministry of this church."

The bible repeatedly and explicitly condemns homosexual acts, in both the Old and New Testaments. The ELCA has been in steep decline ever since part of its leadership has waffled on these biblical doctrines.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#2 Feb 8, 2007
Bill wrote:
The ELCA has joined with the other ten largest religious bodies in America in ruling that a non-celibate homosexual, upholding their long-standing, biblically based policy, "Practicing homosexual persons are precluded from the ordained ministry of this church."
The bible repeatedly and explicitly condemns homosexual acts, in both the Old and New Testaments. The ELCA has been in steep decline ever since part of its leadership has waffled on these biblical doctrines.
What else does your loving god condemn Bill? When I asked Bill over and over if "he" commits sin, he would not answer.

It's the bible according to Bill folks and you'd better pay attention ... because his god is one nasty finger-pointing creature that only someone with a fear-based doctrine would follow. There is no semblance of tenderness, nurturing, understanding, or love in this wicked god of Bill's making.
Bill

United States

#3 Feb 8, 2007
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What else does your loving god condemn Bill? When I asked Bill over and over if "he" commits sin, he would not answer.
It's the bible according to Bill folks and you'd better pay attention ... because his god is one nasty finger-pointing creature that only someone with a fear-based doctrine would follow. There is no semblance of tenderness, nurturing, understanding, or love in this wicked god of Bill's making.
No, June, all the hate you have toward the God of the bible, who repeatedly and explicitly condemns homosexual acts, is misplaced. He is indeed a God of love. The "god" you've made is quite the opposite.

Those with same sex attractions who followed the God of the bible were spared the horrors of HIV, which decimated a generation. Those who accepted your god a hate largely died.

I don't have to speak for the God of the bible. He speaks decisively for Himself. June, on the other hand, must spew all the hate, prejudice, and anti-Christian bigotry of the "god" she has made of her arrogance, hate, and condemnation of Christianty.

I really feel sorry for you, June. You must be miserable mired in all that hate and prejudice, and the worst is yet to come. I think that deep down you had enough knowledge of true Christianity to know that God will not be mocked. You have a Dutch surname, and most New World Dutch know well enough that the bible is true. You'll be held accountable for that knowledge, June, no matter how hard you try to deny it. All your hate will determine your eternal future.

To those who have been given much, much is expected. You chose to hate what was given to you.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#4 Feb 9, 2007
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
No, June, all the hate you have toward the God of the bible, who repeatedly and explicitly condemns homosexual acts, is misplaced. He is indeed a God of love. The "god" you've made is quite the opposite.
Those with same sex attractions who followed the God of the bible were spared the horrors of HIV, which decimated a generation. Those who accepted your god a hate largely died.
I don't have to speak for the God of the bible. He speaks decisively for Himself. June, on the other hand, must spew all the hate, prejudice, and anti-Christian bigotry of the "god" she has made of her arrogance, hate, and condemnation of Christianty.
I really feel sorry for you, June. You must be miserable mired in all that hate and prejudice, and the worst is yet to come. I think that deep down you had enough knowledge of true Christianity to know that God will not be mocked. You have a Dutch surname, and most New World Dutch know well enough that the bible is true. You'll be held accountable for that knowledge, June, no matter how hard you try to deny it. All your hate will determine your eternal future.
To those who have been given much, much is expected. You chose to hate what was given to you.
There isn't another person on this forum that focuses on the word hate as much as you.
Sopot

Ottawa, IL

#5 Feb 9, 2007
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There isn't another person on this forum that focuses on the word hate as much as you.
Are you denying that you endlessly post anti-Christian defamation and claim that the Word of God as it appears in the bible is "hate?"
Deb

AOL

#6 Feb 9, 2007
Sopot wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you denying that you endlessly post anti-Christian defamation and claim that the Word of God as it appears in the bible is "hate?"
Dont yall have a house to haunt?
Sopot

Ottawa, IL

#7 Feb 9, 2007
Deb wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont yall have a house to haunt?
Aint yall an yo ilk got any sense?
Deb

AOL

#8 Feb 9, 2007
Sopot wrote:
<quoted text>
Aint yall an yo ilk got any sense?
Got ilk?
Sopot

Ottawa, IL

#9 Feb 9, 2007
Deb wrote:
<quoted text>
Got ilk?
Learn a new word?
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#10 Feb 9, 2007
Sopot wrote:
<quoted text>
No ... I claim that (in my opinion) you depict a nasty god because that is the only kind of emotion that you reflect from your scriptures. I don't observe any compassion in your statements. It's all about making gays fit the mold of what you think they should be and that to me is a very self-serving type of belief. They are not trying to make you over ... but that is what you are trying to do to them.

The fact that you keep stating that I am not christian, is proof enough to me, that you speak "for" God and not "of" God.
Anotherbootedpas tor

United States

#11 Mar 29, 2013
Pastor Dale Lee McFarland booted from Radiant Church!
Uve the Pig Fcker

United States

#12 Mar 29, 2013
I used to be gay but now I Fck Pigs.

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#13 Mar 30, 2013
Uve the Pig Fcker wrote:
I used to be gay but now I Fck Pigs.
You're just mad cause I'm not interested in an ugly, old, flaccid POS like you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 2 min positronium 13,970
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 6 min June VanDerMark 57,891
News This Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for being born gay 52 min Rose_NoHo 74
Is Everybody Really Bisexual? (May '08) 52 min Triviac13 22
News Aboriginal drag queen bringing gay pride to reg... 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 8
News 'I used to cry myself to sleep': Growing up gay... 3 hr Dennis 1
News Florida's Top Ten Gay Beaches (Jan '14) 4 hr Christie Taylor 21
News Getting used to gay unions 13 hr NE Jade 3
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 14 hr Arthur 26,533
Roy Moore.....Just Another Hypocrite Wed GodSmacked 111
More from around the web