What I Learned From Drag Queens About...

What I Learned From Drag Queens About the Gospel

There are 3 comments on the www.huffingtonpost.com story from Sep 16, 2012, titled What I Learned From Drag Queens About the Gospel. In it, www.huffingtonpost.com reports that:

I've been watching " RuPaul's Drag Race " since the first season. Ru and her "goils" celebrate beauty and power of transformation offering the viewer a contemporary Gospel in sequins and feathers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.huffingtonpost.com.

Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Sep 16, 2012
Excellent article.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#2 Sep 16, 2012
I know a lot of people are going to not like me for saying this, but if it were not for African-American "bitches" almost all straight African-American males would be totally worthless. Like it or not, it is a matriarchal subculture.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3 Sep 16, 2012
The author misses the point of the first gospel citation she uses.

She doesn't demonstrate awareness of the bit of Hebrew writing that Yeshua is quoting. She also seems to miss the ironic tone of the social reference to Samaritans as "dogs" prevalent among the Jews of the time.

The passage is wonderfully subtle, humorous, and one of the most human passages in all the gospels.

It's obvious that Yeshua is delighted by the woman's moxy, her sassyness; and because beneath it is still a very strong belief and loving willingness to scrap for what she wants.

The only other passage that comes close is found in the parable about the woman who just kept nagging for the justice she believed she deserved.

Again boviously, Yeshua concerned more with the content and intent than the delivery.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 5 min Big C 23,888
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 41 min Bishop Jeremy 204
News Homosexuality against natural law (Sep '09) 1 hr Visiting Vet 1,434
News Pulse nightclub massacre is Florida's top story... 1 hr gary 5
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr lides 44,022
News The Case for Decriminalizing Gay Sex in Public ... 2 hr Southern Charm 2
News Gay man legally donates blood after a year with... 3 hr Cordwainer Trout 4
More from around the web