Colorado Gov. Signs Designated Benefi...

Colorado Gov. Signs Designated Beneficiary Law

There are 24 comments on the www.advocate.com story from Apr 10, 2009, titled Colorado Gov. Signs Designated Beneficiary Law. In it, www.advocate.com reports that:

Gov. Bill Ritter of Colorado on Thursday signed the Designated Beneficiary Agreement Act, which allows unmarried adult couples -- including same-sex partners -- some of the legal rights afforded to married couples; the legislation delivers expanded rights in areas including inheritance matters, medical decisions, and hospital visitation. With an eye toward convenience, the law permits any two unmarried adults to designate each other as beneficiaries by filing a form with a county clerk. The legislation takes effect on July 1.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.advocate.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“"I work too hard"”

Since: Apr 09

Placitas, NM

#21 Apr 15, 2009
This I agree with. Nice. Can we stop trying to get married now?

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

#22 Apr 15, 2009
TheCoolNos wrote:
This I agree with. Nice. Can we stop trying to get married now?
You can settle for whatever second-rate, second class situation you want but I won't stop until my Marriage is recognized Federally and in all 50 States. My relationship is no less valid nor any less deserving of the precise same protections, rights, and obligations as any other relationship in the United States and I will not settle for anything less.

“"I work too hard"”

Since: Apr 09

Placitas, NM

#23 Apr 15, 2009
Just to clear myself up I am gay and I agree with what this post is saying. I am fine with it.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#24 Apr 15, 2009
Not only that, only 17 years ago, Coloradans amended their constitution to deny GLBT's any access to legal protections. The ban was so sweeping that even SCOTUS couldn't abide it and overturned it in Romer V Evans.

My how times change! And even Colorado changes with time, notwithstanding the fact that the state hosts some of the most homophobic organizations in the country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 min Frankie Rizzo 49,178
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 14 min hardscrabble 343
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 52 min Frankie Rizzo 25,591
Jade's Stink Ass Gay Cafe 59 min Hugely Hung Hetero 6
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr hardscrabble 5,939
News A look at the judges who will rule on Trump's t... 2 hr Troll Hopper 156
News Middle School Gay-Straight Alliance Allowed To ... 2 hr Rev Don Wildmoan 13
News More 3 hr Little Cheerleader 15
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 4 hr Homey 69,526
More from around the web