10 Reasons We Still Need HIV Research...

10 Reasons We Still Need HIV Research and Care

There are 68 comments on the EDGE story from Jan 1, 2014, titled 10 Reasons We Still Need HIV Research and Care. In it, EDGE reports that:

Finding a cure, searching for a vaccine, lowering rates of infection: that's why HIV research is needed As 2014 begins, EDGE looks at the year in review, revisiting the top reasons that our community must continue the fight for HIV research, the search for a vaccine and the fight for a cure, in the midst of countless phony panaceas.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

Xstain Mullah Fricassee

Philadelphia, PA

#28 Jan 2, 2014
Truth Hurts wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what
You're simply removed from reality. What really does happen is that str8 men violently rape women at endemic levels. If sexual abuse concerned you so then you'd be defaming str8 men by your "logic."

So it's only about your psycho sexual problems, nothing more, certainly nothing rational.
KKKafeteria KKKristains

Philadelphia, PA

#30 Jan 3, 2014
Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you had better click on those links and do a little learning.
Hey lying filth fer jeesus, I missed your reply, which would certainly for any Christian include an apology for bearing false witness.

Why don't you post the total deaths from AIDS since the early 80s until now for Africa, and then for the US?

You stupid, fundie bigot.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#32 Jan 3, 2014
Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
You're ignorant. Educate yourself,
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/statistics/surveillanc...
http://www.returnofkings.com/3882/the-truth-a...
" All told, some 73% of HIV infections are accounted for by men who have sex with men and intravenous drug users, groups that comprise less than 5% of the US population. Even for someone who contracts HIV through heterosexual contact, there’s a good chance she got it from a bisexual man or a needle drug addict.
To give you a firmer idea of how the risk compares between groups, I divided the prevalence of HIV among all groups and divided them by the prevalence among sober straight white men. For example, a man who has sex with men is 700 to 800 times more likely to have HIV than a sober straight white man, the reference group. "
Let's get a little perspective ...

http://www.cdc.gov/std/stats11/trends-2011.pd...
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#33 Jan 3, 2014
Xstain Mullah Fricassee wrote:
<quoted text>
So what,?
So your argument, like you, is ridiculous.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#34 Jan 3, 2014
Xstain Mullah Fricassee wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen fundie freeek, the numbers of total AIDS deaths of heterosexuals to those of homosexuals worldwide is not even close.
They are in this country. M/M sex is the leading cause of the epidemic here.
Worldwide (Africa) people got the disease from eating infected monkey meat so they could avoid starving. It's different here in this country where gays are supposedly educated.

Location hidden

#35 Jan 3, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Worldwide (Africa) people got the disease from eating infected monkey meat so they could avoid starving. It's different here in this country where gays are supposedly educated.
More likely they were bitten while trapping monkeys.

Let's get some perspective here.

http://www.cdc.gov/std/stats/STI-Estimates-Fa...
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#36 Jan 3, 2014
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
More likely they were bitten while trapping monkeys.
Let's get some perspective here.
http://www.cdc.gov/std/stats/STI-Estimates-Fa...
Not here. Here it's a gay epidemic. You know it and I know it.
KKKafeteria KKKristains

Philadelphia, PA

#37 Jan 3, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so very sick.

No, AIDS is transmitted overwhelmingly by unprotected, vag i nal intercourse in Africa. You just can't even stand to think about Africa in the worldwide stats because of your racism and your eagerness to lie about glbt people.

The disease is overwhelmingly one afflicting heterosexuals. None of you dissembling, fundie trash has apologized to jeesus for all you lies; I am sure you should burn in eternal hellfires...if only they existed.

By your "logic," you really should be defaming heterosexuals for AIDS. And str8 men as sexual predators for all the rapes of women.

Even in the US the correlates of race, class and age figure as strongly as sexual orientation. And most of the male AIDS sufferers these days in the US don't even identify as gay.

But you stupid, uneducated, christianist bigots don't do facts. Ever.

Location hidden

#39 Jan 3, 2014
Ultimate Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a reason why Queers can't donate blood, you fking moron. They're disease infested.
Who else can't?
KKKafeteria KKKristains

Philadelphia, PA

#40 Jan 3, 2014
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Who else can't?
See, your reply didn't make any sense rhetorically because it accepted the troll's premise.

Are you sure you're not another moniker of Daniel from LI's?

Location hidden

#41 Jan 3, 2014
KKKafeteria KKKristains wrote:
<quoted text>
See, your reply didn't make any sense rhetorically because it accepted the troll's premise.
Are you sure you're not another moniker of Daniel from LI's?
For the sake of argument, and to lead him (and more importantly other readers) where I want him, I've allowed some of his unspoken assumptions as well as his postulate.

MacArthur's strategy.
Fumblementalist Dogma

Philadelphia, PA

#42 Jan 3, 2014
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
For the sake of argument, and to lead him (and more importantly other readers) where I want him, I've allowed some of his unspoken assumptions as well as his postulate.
MacArthur's strategy.
Jesus, that's messed up nonsense.

Location hidden

#43 Jan 3, 2014
More Argumentum ad Hominem, eh ?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#44 Jan 4, 2014
<quoted text>
You're so very sick.
No, AIDS is transmitted overwhelmingly by unprotected, vag i nal intercourse in Africa. You just can't even stand to think about Africa in the worldwide stats because of your racism and your eagerness to lie about glbt people.
The disease is overwhelmingly one afflicting heterosexuals. None of you dissembling, fundie trash has apologized to jeesus for all you lies; I am sure you should burn in eternal hellfires...if only they existed.
By your "logic," you really should be defaming heterosexuals for AIDS. And str8 men as sexual predators for all the rapes of women.
Even in the US the correlates of race, class and age figure as strongly as sexual orientation. And most of the male AIDS sufferers these days in the US don't even identify as gay.
So disturbed, that makes you a sad gay.
Chance

Grove City, PA

#45 Jan 4, 2014
<quoted text>
You're so very sick.
Many of those heterosexuals were BORN with HIV after their fathers raped their mothers after getting HIV from other MEN. Who are you helping with this attitude? You certainly aren't helping gays who need to face reality about HIV. Young gay men are not invincible, far from it. If they listen to you and convince themselves that they don't have to worry about it because AIDS is a "heterosexual disease," then they are even more likely to avoid steps to protect themselves. Is that really what you are after here? Dumb a**.

Location hidden

#46 Jan 4, 2014
Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of those heterosexuals were BORN with HIV after their fathers raped their mothers after getting HIV from other MEN. Who are you helping with this attitude? You certainly aren't helping gays who need to face reality about HIV. Young gay men are not invincible, far from it. If they listen to you and convince themselves that they don't have to worry about it because AIDS is a "heterosexual disease," then they are even more likely to avoid steps to protect themselves. Is that really what you are after here? Dumb a**.
Is there ANY proof of your demographic breakdown of the stats?

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#47 Jan 4, 2014
Front Line Fighter wrote:
<quoted text>
Anybody who cared about their health would not take that kind of chance for something so transient as a sexual encounter.
And yet a large percentage of the population does just that. Every unwanted pregnancy starts that way. Every case of Herpes begins that way. Every STD begins that way.

A lot of broken hearts and divorces start that way, as well.

It's not a "gay thing". It's a human thing. And education helps.
Christaliban

Philadelphia, PA

#48 Jan 4, 2014
Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of those heterosexuals were BORN....
Stop trying to bear false witness, you cretin fer xrist. The numbers of fatalities are not even close - they are far, far higher from Africa, so your measly lie still wouldn't account for this vast difference. And babies in the US have been born positive and died, too.

AIDS worldwide is overwhelmingly a disease of heterosexuals. As the violent rape of women is a heterosexual male problem. By your "logic" of defamation you fundie freeeks, who are anything but Christian, should be aiming your hate at those groups...if facts had anything to do with the matter.

You vile filth.
Christaliban

Philadelphia, PA

#49 Jan 4, 2014
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet a large percentage of the population does just that. Every unwanted pregnancy starts that way. Every case of Herpes begins that way. Every STD begins that way.
A lot of broken hearts and divorces start that way, as well.
It's not a "gay thing". It's a human thing. And education helps.
They don't run around berating those who smoked tobacco and got cancer, but by their "logic" of smearing groups (gay people) they should.

Again, none of this defamation from fundie scum has anything to do with anything other than their personal, psychological problems with variations in sexual orientation. They just make up other excuses, buybull or std related.
Chance

Grove City, PA

#51 Jan 5, 2014
Christaliban wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop trying to bear false witness, you cretin fer xrist. The numbers of fatalities are not even close - they are far, far higher from Africa, so your measly lie still wouldn't account for this vast difference. And babies in the US have been born positive and died, too.
AIDS worldwide is overwhelmingly a disease of heterosexuals. As the violent rape of women is a heterosexual male problem. By your "logic" of defamation you fundie freeeks, who are anything but Christian, should be aiming your hate at those groups...if facts had anything to do with the matter.
You vile filth.
One more point. There are so many more straights than gays that if only 10% of straights had AIDS an 100% of gays had it, that would still be more straights sick than gays. But it would also mean no gays without it and 90% of straights not having AIDS. It is ridiculous to compare raw numbers and call this a heterosexual disease in this situation. I don't really expect you to be able to use your big head and really understand this, but maybe some other gays will get it and ignore your destructive information.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 min Frankie Rizzo 61,658
News Kim Davis challenger: Man whose marriage licens... 16 min Wisdom 12
News Lyft driver in Indianapolis orders gay couple o... 22 min Dillon 44
News 'My kids could be gay' - Ryan O'Shaughnessy on ... 1 hr Dillon 24
News LGBTQ representation in film fell in 2017, acco... 2 hr Tea Bag Residue C... 2
News Homosexuality alien to our culture, I'll fight ... 2 hr Gremlin 7
News Hardware store employee accused of using anti-g... 2 hr Dillon 3
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 3 hr Frankie Rizzo 28,166
News Gay veteran with a penchant for heels wins land... 9 hr TEA FART 96