Lawmakers consider protections for gay Nebraskans

Mar 9, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WDBO-AM Orlando

Lincoln Sen. Danielle Conrad is offering a bill that would ban businesses from discriminating against current or prospective employees based on their sexual orientation or marital status.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7

Since: Sep 10

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Equal rights are not "special rights". Denying the rights of someone for being LGBT is no different than denying the rights of someone who is jewish or black. It's genetic, not a choice.

What's that? You buy the bull of the buybull and repeat the lie about "lifestyle, not genetic"? Well, belonging to a certain political party or religious cult is also a choice. Denying the rights of someone who is LGBT is no different than denying the rights of someone who belongs to a different political party or a different cult.
Wade

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Discriminatory special protections for chosen sexual behavior are ludicrous.
Franz

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Maybe this law will allow gay Nebraskans to steal beer from their neighbor's cooler and get plumbing work done without paying for it. Of course certain gay Nebraskans are already doing this regardless of the law.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

1. Hey "wade", who is really david moore from Pekin IL, can it. Quit the ridiculous spam. We all know that it's YOU.

2. Almost three years ago, my wife and I were on Amtrak near Benkelman NB, when a demolition crew taking down an old grain elevator parked their crane too close to the tracks. The engineer tried frantically to stop, but we collided with the crane boom, snapping it right off. Benkelman didn't care that we were a gay married couple, their local hospital(Dundy County Hospital) took GREAT care of us, let us stay together through the whole thing, and connected us with the rest of the passengers at the local high school.

In short, davy, or wade or justin or whatever name you CHOOSE when you log on, shut your pie hole. Get a life, get educated, quit spamming the board, and grow UP. Get help for your bigotry. I'm sure that Pekin IL has mental health facilities. Please avail yourself of the county mental health department.

“ WOOF !”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

I llved in Nebraska. It's absolutely FLAT and all you see is 947,000 square miles of corn.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Wade wrote:
Protections for unchosen sex orientation are necessary because of people like you who can't mind their own business

Since: Apr 10

Williston, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Wade wrote:
You do relize that everyone has a sexual orentation dont you, you have one, I have one everyone has one, without sexual orentation protections I can fire someone for being straght. What is ludicrous is having protections for something that one chooses like religion or politics, but not for something that one is born with (sexual orentation)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

46 Users are viewing the Gay/Lesbian Forum right now

Search the Gay/Lesbian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple We... (Dec '13) 15 min Frankie Rizzo 15,608
A Timeline of Gay Sex Through the Ages 55 min david traversa 4
When did you realize you were gay? (Aug '07) 1 hr Matt 796
Southern Baptist Leaders Seek Softer Approach T... 1 hr Homostats 19
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr River Tam 50,852
Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 1,915
Singapore pulls book about gay penguins from li... 1 hr Homostats 14
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••