Christian B&B owners sued over refusing gay guests can now turn away homosexual couples

There are 18 comments on the www.independent.co.uk story from Mar 22, 2013, titled Christian B&B owners sued over refusing gay guests can now turn away homosexual couples. In it, www.independent.co.uk reports that:

A Christian couple who broke equality laws when they refused to let a gay couple stay in a double room in their bed and breakfast will now be able to legally turn away homosexual couples after becoming a not-for-profit organisation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.independent.co.uk.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#1 Mar 22, 2013
Passover, huh? They should remember it celebrates liberty and freedom from oppression, not the freedom to oppress.

May frogs take over their guest rooms.

Off topic, but the bitch could really use a makeover.
Leon

Anonymous Proxy

#2 Mar 22, 2013
Great news!

Score one for the good guys!

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3 Mar 22, 2013
God they look so hateful!..Hope any little kids don't stay there, I wouldn't trust either one of them!
Fred

Alexandria, VA

#4 Mar 22, 2013
It'll be a lot safer for kids now that there's not going to be queers lurking around.

Uve

Location hidden

#5 Mar 22, 2013
It would be a lot safer if R1's probation officer would find out he was using his computer for hate speech!

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

#7 Mar 22, 2013
Uve wrote:
God they look so hateful!..Hope any little kids don't stay there, I wouldn't trust either one of them!
Yes, they do look like Topix trolls. And with names like Peter and Hazelmary Bull, they're bound to be just as stupid, nasty, and worthless.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#8 Mar 22, 2013
Who'd want to do business with bigots like that anyway?
Tea Bag Residue Cleanup

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Mar 22, 2013
Leon wrote:
Great news!
Score one for the good guys!
The talibangelicals had to lie in order to get away with their bogtry. I'm sure that will be the trend,

Meanwhile, they should stop letting rooms to those who covet.
Fred

Alexandria, VA

#10 Mar 22, 2013
equalityboy81 wrote:
Who'd want to do business with bigots like that anyway?
STFU Bigot

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#11 Mar 22, 2013
Oh great. So now they can practice hatred and bigotry proving what kind of people they really are.

Wonderful.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#12 Mar 22, 2013
GoldenGator wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they do look like Topix trolls. And with names like Peter and Hazelmary Bull, they're bound to be just as stupid, nasty, and worthless.
I'll bet they are not natives either, since their last name does not start with either "Tre-" or "Pen-".
Polly

Alexandria, VA

#13 Mar 22, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
Oh great. So now they can practice hatred and bigotry proving what kind of people they really are.

Wonderful.
STFU Dyke

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#14 Mar 22, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:

Wonderful.
Yes, but they aren't getting much money out of it.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#15 Mar 23, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but they aren't getting much money out of it.
They are also making asses of themselves. Many people will avoid them.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#16 Mar 23, 2013
Polly wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU Dyke
Really? You overestimate your persuasive abilities here.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#17 Mar 23, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>They are also making asses of themselves. Many people will avoid them.
They've already lost a helluva lot of customers...their continued bigoted views will only lose them more customers.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#18 Mar 24, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
They've already lost a helluva lot of customers...their continued bigoted views will only lose them more customers.
No doubt.

Uve

Location hidden

#20 Mar 24, 2013
Dwight wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! Why do homosexuals insist on going to normal, decent places where they're not wanted? I'm sure there are gay B&B's where they can go and engage in sodomy and buggery to their hearts delight.
Isn't that something like having separate water fountains and sitting in the back of the bus? POS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 4 min Frankie Rizzo 59,458
News Madison bans discrimination against atheists, n... 4 min Fa-Foxy 7
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 6 min Wanderer2452 3,050
News Poll: More faiths embracing gay marriage 16 min woodtick57 163
News What drives gay men to marriage and deception? 17 min Back Door Bob 5
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 57 min LuxGurl 32,326
News Judge proposes Oregon bakery pay $135,000 to le... 1 hr Reverend Alan 465
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Reverend Alan 20,547
Are the mods fair and balanced? 4 hr Poof1 812
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 6 hr Just Think 2,355
News Justice Roberts Hints How He Could Justify Voti... 14 hr Lawrence Wolf 83
More from around the web