if being gay is so right, why do gay people feel the need to broadcast it???

Posted in the Gay/Lesbian Forum

Comments (Page 896)

Showing posts 17,901 - 17,920 of17,966
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
splat

Swedesboro, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Being gay is how we are, Leave us alone

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Arcadio Stanford wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong to you?
Hurting others. Hating out of fear and ignorance. Pretty much everything I find wrong will fall under those.
What is wrong with two people loving each other? What difference does their genders have to do with it being right or wrong?
How does it harm you?

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

While science avoids making moral judgements, science demonstrates that prejudice and discrimination cause harm in a wide variety of ways, including contributing to suffering and death. Most can agree causing needless suffering and death is immoral.

Many can agree love is moral. Science also shows love is healthy and healing when based on mutual respect, trust, and compassion.

If the basis for morality is avoiding needless harm to others, accepting gay people as a natural minority of the population as do all mainstream scientific organization, reduces harm rather than increases harm, and therefore would be moral.

Theft, murder, adultery, child abuse, all harm others, while love between equals harms no one. Accepting love in no way diminishes the standard of harm as a basis for morality.

"Every religion emphasizes human improvement, love, respect for others, sharing other people's suffering. On these lines every religion had more or less the same viewpoint and the same goal." (The Dalai Lama)

So morality for most requires not harming others, while condemnation and use of the law to punish gay people causes harm. Love is good, harm is bad.

Or, "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." (Matthew 7:12)
Martin Waninger

Huddinge, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

The guy who wrote this is retarded. Homosexauls are like every other person and do not "broadcast" their sexuality. Some may feel the need to because homosexuality is obviously not as accepted as being straight, which i feel you contribute to with this retarded thread.
TheNecromancer

East Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet: "No prejudice has even been able to prove its case in the court of reason” Marguerite Gardiner
It wouldn't be called a "prejudice" if you could prove its case in the court of reason.
dawn

Singapore, Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Robert wrote:
Real Americans believe in freedom for people unlike themselves.
That includes people of other races, faiths, and sexual orientation.
An attempt to rally people to support stealing other people's freedom-- that's the wrong here.
If you don't support freedom for all Americans, move now.
yea sure americans couldnt even bare to see people wearing scarfs on their heads during 911 and you say that they support other races? yea true americans all the way!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
You are being rational.
I agree encouraging committed, monogamous relationships through marriage helps prevent the spread of disease, and is therefore among the many reasons marriage should be encouraged rather than prevented. But many of those opposed to marriage equality are opposed to any legal equal rights for gay people. It is the acceptance of gay people as a normal minority of the population that they fear.
"Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic”
Tryon Edwards
And yet: "No prejudice has even been able to prove its case in the court of reason” Marguerite Gardiner
Wouldn't the public health issue be in the state's interest?

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't the public health issue be in the state's interest?
Yes.
This is one of the rational arguments for marriage equality. Creating extra difficulties in forming committed relationships by denial of equal treatment, is counterproductive, and not a legitimate governmental interest.
Tiffany

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

you are so right iam happy you know God
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder why they mope and gripe about it. If you couldn't obtain benefits because of YOUR sexual preference, color, religious beliefs, wouldn't you be broadcasting it? "I BELIEVE IN A GOD, WHAT DOES MY BELIEF SYSTEM HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH HEALTH INSURANCE?"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
This is one of the rational arguments for marriage equality. Creating extra difficulties in forming committed relationships by denial of equal treatment, is counterproductive, and not a legitimate governmental interest.
Exactly.

Since: Jan 13

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Matthais wrote:
The loudmouth Christians are far more annoying. At least gay people don't feel some need to convert you to the Church of Teh Ghey. Bible thumpers, on the other hand, keep trying to convert you.

I wish they'd all just keep quiet.
Well put
Ash

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Matthais wrote:
The loudmouth Christians are far more annoying. At least gay people don't feel some need to convert you to the Church of Teh Ghey. Bible thumpers, on the other hand, keep trying to convert you.
K first off by you calling ppl bible thumpers is no different then calling a gay a fag. I love my Lord very much and I am gay. Do I struggle with life's understandings and Gods plans for me? Yes but it's also each persons individual journey. People don't have to like the sin but they have to love the sinner. That goes for all sins. It's not about who's right, no one is. And no one will no until judgement day. That goes for me as we'll. so try to love one another instead of calling ppl down its get sickening to see.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Ash wrote:
<quoted text>
K first off by you calling ppl bible thumpers is no different then calling a gay a fag. I love my Lord very much and I am gay. Do I struggle with life's understandings and Gods plans for me? Yes but it's also each persons individual journey. People don't have to like the sin but they have to love the sinner. That goes for all sins. It's not about who's right, no one is. And no one will no until judgement day. That goes for me as we'll. so try to love one another instead of calling ppl down its get sickening to see.
I disagree about the similarity in terms. Being referred to as a Bible thumper is not the same as being called a fag. It just is not, and you are not qualified to judge what is or is not sin. If there is A God, that would be Its job, not yours.
I find your lack of proper English skills sickening. I wouldn't call you stupid, but you certainly come off as being very uneducated. Most of the posters I read for whom English is a second or third language do a much better job.

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree about the similarity in terms. Being referred to as a Bible thumper is not the same as being called a fag. It just is not, and you are not qualified to judge what is or is not sin. If there is A God, that would be Its job, not yours.
I find your lack of proper English skills sickening. I wouldn't call you stupid, but you certainly come off as being very uneducated. Most of the posters I read for whom English is a second or third language do a much better job.
I agree

Those are two very different terms.

I'd add, not all Christians believe love is a sin when based on mutual respect between equals.

Many believers and non believers as well, understand those beliefs that contribute to needless suffering and death cannot be accepted as legitimate, and should be opposed by all compassionate and civilized humans.

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

There are many people who have devoted their lives to understanding the bible who arrive at the conclusion it does not condemn loving same sex relationships. Entire books have been written, explaining their understanding of scripture.

Dr. James B. Nelson, Professor of Christian Ethics, United Theological Seminary, believes "what the Bible forbids is acts of lust, rape, idolatry, violation of religious purity obligations, or pederasty, but not condemnation of homosexuality in relationships of mutual respect and love."

"The New Testament and Homosexuality" Robin Scroggs, Prof of New Testament at Union Theological Seminary is a serious theologian and is favorable reviewed by many theologians. He is a happily married heterosexual with no personal bias. He includes cites from Boswell and expands further especially on pederasty and concludes there is nothing biblically wrong with homosexuality.

"What the Bible Really Says About Homosexuality" by Daniel Helminiask, PH.D., was ordained as a Catholic priest in 1967 and is incardinated in the Diocese of Pittsburgh. From 1981-1985 was Assoc Prof for Systematic Theology at Oblate School of Theology and earlier completed his Ph.D. in systematic theology at Boston College and Andover Newton Theological School. He concludes the Bible says absolutely nothing about homosexuality being sinful when you examine the actual Hebrew/Greek texts."

Baptist Rev Dr. William R. Stayton, Divinity degree from Andover
Newtown Theological School and on faculty of LaSalle University's Grad program in Religious studies:- "There is nothing in the Bible regarding homosexual orientation. In fact, the Bible does not concern itself with sexual orientation. It does speak against gang rape, male prostitution for religious purposes, and pederasty. I lead bible study programs on this subject and am convinced that the Bible does not address the issue of a person's sexual orientation."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

NoQ wrote:
Because they just can't help themselves.
Speak for yourself.
str8

Harwood, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
Gay people are just people ,people have got to stop singling them out,i've met gay people,they told me straight away,i was cool with it,BE LOUD BE PROUD.....people who say there's something wrong with being gay are just as bad as racists,i've had friends who had a problem with gays,i hate hem now,they are assholes,i am VERY open minded towards people,let people do and what they want,it's their life why should people say what they're doing with their life is wrong.
Why should people say it's wrong? Because it is. If the creator meant for us to be gay there would be no need for vajayjays and wieners and everyone would be born with stamens and pistils. We would all be birds, and pollenated by bees. If a group of people starts growing in numbers that says it's their choice to be intimate with their animals, would that suddenly make beastiality okay? It's been wrong for centuries for a reason. It is sick. It is hedonistic and damning behavior. People who are gay have psychological,emotional,spirit ual deficits. Do I hate them? No. Do I think they are disgusting? Yes. That's my right.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

str8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should people say it's wrong? Because it is. If the creator meant for us to be gay there would be no need for vajayjays and wieners and everyone would be born with stamens and pistils. We would all be birds, and pollenated by bees. If a group of people starts growing in numbers that says it's their choice to be intimate with their animals, would that suddenly make beastiality okay? It's been wrong for centuries for a reason. It is sick. It is hedonistic and damning behavior. People who are gay have psychological,emotional,spirit ual deficits. Do I hate them? No. Do I think they are disgusting? Yes. That's my right.
It's right if one is gay. Your analysis is badly flawed. First of all, we have no proof that a creator even exists. It the creator exists, then the creator must have some purpose for creating variance in sexual orientation. In fact, it has been proven that homosexuality exists in other species. Pedophilia and bestiality is non-consensual so no, it should not be made legal. Expert medical professionals agree that homosexuality is simply another state of being rather than a defect. Your post is disgusting because you are completely ignorant as though you live in the Dark Ages. You have a right to be stupid but don't expect intelligent people to accept your ignorance as fact.
No one

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

You should tolerate our intolerance or you have selective tolerance like us Christians, Jews, and Muslims.
No one

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Matthais wrote:

It is our right to practice religion,even if that means telling you we believe you are wrong. Yes some stuff is wrong like killing humans, being gay, cheating on an exam, some things will be wrong forever. I love it when people say Christians kill people as in the inquisition, but they forget abortion. All because moral relativism runs amok.

Billions of people believe in God today Muslims,Christians,Jews and they know fŕggš like you wil rot in hell because you turned away from God

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 17,901 - 17,920 of17,966
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

54 Users are viewing the Gay/Lesbian Forum right now

Search the Gay/Lesbian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage 5 min eJohn 1,776
Survey: Over 5K Same-Sex Couples Have Married i... 8 min ricky 2
NC's Rep. Stam: Pedophilia could be a sexual or... 15 min HMT 123 51
Uganda anti-gay ruling criticized as 'flawed' 17 min Catholic League of Duncey 2
Trans Lobby Day to Bring Awareness to Capitol Hill 18 min Catholic League of Duncey 4
Biggest Gay Lies 23 min Frankie Rizzo 930
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 28 min Ace 48,687
Tony Perkins Warns Support of Gay Rights by 'Li... 41 min Catholic League of Duncey 17
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 42 min HMT 123 50,421
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••