“Nirvana”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#20601 Jan 6, 2013
Uve wrote:
Why is it that the argument by the anti gay changes from 'it's a choice' to 'birth defect'(born that way) when ever it suits them? Also, if a man say's 'my wife' or talks about his wife, it's not broadcasting his heterosexuality? But if I talk about MY partner then I'm broadcasting my 'gayness'. Total BS and very hypocritical at best.
Absolutely

kinda sums it up....just as well if this thread is done, lol
crzzzd

Rochester, PA

#20602 Jan 6, 2013

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#20604 Jan 6, 2013
Cool Hand Luke wrote:
more stupid shit deleted
GTFOH Troll.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#20605 Jan 6, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
GTFOH Troll.
Ironically, even inaccurate disease transmission information demonstrates the importance of promoting stable monogamous relationships through marriage.

It also demonstrates the importance of promoting education about safe sex practices and risk reduction, including monogamy.

While intended to demonize and excuse legal discrimination, the low disease rate for gay women shows being gay is not in itself a risk factor for disease transmission. What the information shows is anyone can become infected if exposed to an infectious agent in a way that allows transmission.

Location hidden

#20606 Jan 6, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Ironically, even inaccurate disease transmission information demonstrates the importance of promoting stable monogamous relationships through marriage.
It also demonstrates the importance of promoting education about safe sex practices and risk reduction, including monogamy.
While intended to demonize and excuse legal discrimination, the low disease rate for gay women shows being gay is not in itself a risk factor for disease transmission. What the information shows is anyone can become infected if exposed to an infectious agent in a way that allows transmission.
Yes, which constitutes a valid state interest in promoting SSM.

Great Point!!!
crzzzd

Rochester, PA

#20607 Jan 7, 2013
youtube.com/watch...
wi a few,lose a few
Arcadio Stanford

District Heights, MD

#20609 Jan 7, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>Mine? That anyone who would deny others their happiness, simply because they love differently, do not deserve any happiness themselves.
"In abundance"??
Probably no more gays than ever were there, you are just noticing now, and they've quit trying to hide it, because, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING GAY.
What's wrong to you?

Location hidden

#20610 Jan 7, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
I never understood all the hype against SSM. It could only help by encouraging less risky behavior. A good many AIDS epidemic folks have gone for commitment. I know several who have been together over 30 years.

AOL

#20611 Jan 8, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I never understood all the hype against SSM. It could only help by encouraging less risky behavior. A good many AIDS epidemic folks have gone for commitment. I know several who have been together over 30 years.
You are being rational.

I agree encouraging committed, monogamous relationships through marriage helps prevent the spread of disease, and is therefore among the many reasons marriage should be encouraged rather than prevented. But many of those opposed to marriage equality are opposed to any legal equal rights for gay people. It is the acceptance of gay people as a normal minority of the population that they fear.

"Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic”
Tryon Edwards

And yet: "No prejudice has even been able to prove its case in the court of reason” Marguerite Gardiner
splat

Swedesboro, NJ

#20612 Jan 8, 2013
Being gay is how we are, Leave us alone

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#20613 Jan 9, 2013
Arcadio Stanford wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong to you?
Hurting others. Hating out of fear and ignorance. Pretty much everything I find wrong will fall under those.
What is wrong with two people loving each other? What difference does their genders have to do with it being right or wrong?
How does it harm you?

AOL

#20614 Jan 9, 2013
While science avoids making moral judgements, science demonstrates that prejudice and discrimination cause harm in a wide variety of ways, including contributing to suffering and death. Most can agree causing needless suffering and death is immoral.

Many can agree love is moral. Science also shows love is healthy and healing when based on mutual respect, trust, and compassion.

If the basis for morality is avoiding needless harm to others, accepting gay people as a natural minority of the population as do all mainstream scientific organization, reduces harm rather than increases harm, and therefore would be moral.

Theft, murder, adultery, child abuse, all harm others, while love between equals harms no one. Accepting love in no way diminishes the standard of harm as a basis for morality.

"Every religion emphasizes human improvement, love, respect for others, sharing other people's suffering. On these lines every religion had more or less the same viewpoint and the same goal." (The Dalai Lama)

So morality for most requires not harming others, while condemnation and use of the law to punish gay people causes harm. Love is good, harm is bad.

Or, "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." (Matthew 7:12)
Martin Waninger

Huddinge, Sweden

#20615 Jan 18, 2013
The guy who wrote this is retarded. Homosexauls are like every other person and do not "broadcast" their sexuality. Some may feel the need to because homosexuality is obviously not as accepted as being straight, which i feel you contribute to with this retarded thread.
TheNecromancer

East Lansing, MI

#20617 Jan 20, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet: "No prejudice has even been able to prove its case in the court of reason” Marguerite Gardiner
It wouldn't be called a "prejudice" if you could prove its case in the court of reason.
dawn

Singapore, Singapore

#20618 Feb 18, 2013
Robert wrote:
Real Americans believe in freedom for people unlike themselves.
That includes people of other races, faiths, and sexual orientation.
An attempt to rally people to support stealing other people's freedom-- that's the wrong here.
If you don't support freedom for all Americans, move now.
yea sure americans couldnt even bare to see people wearing scarfs on their heads during 911 and you say that they support other races? yea true americans all the way!

Location hidden

#20619 Feb 18, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
You are being rational.
I agree encouraging committed, monogamous relationships through marriage helps prevent the spread of disease, and is therefore among the many reasons marriage should be encouraged rather than prevented. But many of those opposed to marriage equality are opposed to any legal equal rights for gay people. It is the acceptance of gay people as a normal minority of the population that they fear.
"Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic”
Tryon Edwards
Wouldn't the public health issue be in the state's interest?

AOL

#20620 Feb 19, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't the public health issue be in the state's interest?
Yes.
This is one of the rational arguments for marriage equality. Creating extra difficulties in forming committed relationships by denial of equal treatment, is counterproductive, and not a legitimate governmental interest.
Tiffany

United States

#20622 Mar 6, 2013
you are so right iam happy you know God
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder why they mope and gripe about it. If you couldn't obtain benefits because of YOUR sexual preference, color, religious beliefs, wouldn't you be broadcasting it? "I BELIEVE IN A GOD, WHAT DOES MY BELIEF SYSTEM HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH HEALTH INSURANCE?"

Location hidden

#20623 Mar 7, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
This is one of the rational arguments for marriage equality. Creating extra difficulties in forming committed relationships by denial of equal treatment, is counterproductive, and not a legitimate governmental interest.
Exactly.

Since: Jan 13

Reno, NV

#20624 Mar 7, 2013
Matthais wrote:
The loudmouth Christians are far more annoying. At least gay people don't feel some need to convert you to the Church of Teh Ghey. Bible thumpers, on the other hand, keep trying to convert you.

I wish they'd all just keep quiet.
Well put

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boy Scouts' leader speaks out on gay adults ban 5 min New Perspective 12
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 10 min Quest 4,296
News Judge: Gay couples across Alabama have right to... 13 min Your Ex 17
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 17 min GayleWood 21,411
News 60 Percent: Record Number Of Americans Support ... 18 min Quest 57
News Mom: Outed pastor told gay son he's going to hell 57 min david traversa 1
News Next move in gay ministers debate 1 hr Yakitori 2
News SoCal Rep Wants to Outlaw Gay-to-Straight "Conv... 1 hr Brian_G 79
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 3 hr Brian_G 5,521
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 6 hr Blackburn 32,977
Poll Which QUEER is the BIGGEST LYING SACK OF SHlT? 8 hr Sambo 3
More from around the web