Beshear not tipping hand on 'religious freedom' bill signing or veto

There are 3 comments on the Mar 8, 2013, WHAS11 story titled Beshear not tipping hand on 'religious freedom' bill signing or veto. In it, WHAS11 reports that:

Under pressure from gay rights groups to veto a controversial religious freedom bill, Governor Steve Beshear said Friday he had not yet decided what he will do.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHAS11.

Here We Go Again

London, KY

#1 Mar 8, 2013
It seems like people in gay rights groups stick their nose in every political thing these days, and try to cause some kind of controversy... And before anyone starts crying and screaming "BIGOT" over my comment, I'm bisexual, but I'm so sick and tired of so-called "rights groups" causing drama, trying to get attention, and making life worse for gay and bisexual people who aren't trying to cause trouble or become a celebrity.
Sparkle

Seattle, WA

#2 Mar 9, 2013
Here We Go Again wrote:
It seems like people in gay rights groups stick their nose in every political thing these days, and try to cause some kind of controversy... And before anyone starts crying and screaming "BIGOT" over my comment, I'm bisexual, but I'm so sick and tired of so-called "rights groups" causing drama, trying to get attention, and making life worse for gay and bisexual people who aren't trying to cause trouble or become a celebrity.
Hmmmmmm maybe because that bill would lead to legally protected discrimination of LGBT people.... Wow that was a tough one
I Respect Everyone

London, KY

#3 Mar 13, 2013
Sparkle wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmmmmm maybe because that bill would lead to legally protected discrimination of LGBT people.... Wow that was a tough one
Some people act like you're discriminating against them if you even look at them without smiling. Homosexual people deserve freedom, and so do religious, heterosexual people. If some people don't want to believe that homosexuality is "moral" or "normal", then no one should tell them that they should, or that they're "bigots" or "homophobes". I know a lot of people who don't support gay marriage, but they have gay friends and gay relatives who they treat as respectfully and kindly as they do anyone else they know. You can disagree with someone without disrespecting them... And for the record, many homosexual people I know are "religious". There are even churches and dating sites specifically for gay Christians. They, and other religious people, deserve to have their rights protected, too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Now out, Bruce Jenner shines spotlight on trans... 3 min Dan 32
News Poll: More faiths embracing gay marriage 3 min woodtick57 12
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 4 min Selecia Jones- JA... 32,065
News Judge proposes Oregon bakery pay $135,000 to le... 7 min SteveLu 190
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 10 min The_Box 20,011
News What to watch at SCOTUS gay marriage hearing 48 min WeTheSheeple 1
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 52 min Patrick n Angela 14,614
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 9 hr Rose_NoHo 2,138
News Top U.S. court appears on cusp of declaring rig... 13 hr Fa-Foxy 25
Are the mods fair and balanced? Mon Poof1 664
More from around the web