Museveni set to sign anti-gay law

Feb 24, 2014 Full story: Iol.co.za 12

Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni will on Monday sign a controversial anti-homosexuality bill which Western countries have criticised and tried to stop from being signed into law, a Ugandan government spokesman said.

Full Story
juls

Mount Vernon, OH

#1 Feb 24, 2014
just the edge.... considering how they treat women in most of Africa......send in Tarzan to push them over the escarpment....done with them....period.
Willy

Palo Alto, CA

#2 Feb 24, 2014
That a boy Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni!

Give those filthy perverts hell!
Willy

Palo Alto, CA

#3 Feb 24, 2014
“The president is signing the anti-homosexuality bill today at 11am (08h00 GMT). He wants to sign it with the full witness of the international media to demonstrate Uganda's independence in the face of Western pressure and provocation,”

NOW THAT'S A GREAT LEADER!
Larry

Mesquite, TX

#4 Feb 24, 2014
Willy wrote:
“The president is signing the anti-homosexuality bill today at 11am (08h00 GMT). He wants to sign it with the full witness of the international media to demonstrate Uganda's independence in the face of Western pressure and provocation,”
The sad issue is there is a country that still is in the 18 century and still lacks education, both mental and physical. That is why that country and many of the people there lacks common sense and good judgment. STAY IN THE DARD. And you will never prosper. Come into the light and see the world change around you.
And please tell the world just when you made the choice to be straight? I know that is bad for the thousands there that have to stay in the closet. I will never give one cent to a cruel and dim society.
david traversa

Cordoba, Argentina

#5 Feb 24, 2014
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
The sad issue is there is a country that still is in the 18 century and still lacks education, both mental and physical. That is why that country and many of the people there lacks common sense and good judgment. STAY IN THE DARD. And you will never prosper. Come into the light and see the world change around you.
And please tell the world just when you made the choice to be straight? I know that is bad for the thousands there that have to stay in the closet. I will never give one cent to a cruel and dim society.
Moving , humane post ..
david traversa

Cordoba, Argentina

#6 Feb 24, 2014
A classic Spanish saying : " No hay mal que por bien no venga " ( " Not one single bad thing that isn't trailed by a good one " )- Museveni has carved his niche in the Pantheon of the Infamous .

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#7 Feb 24, 2014
If he doesn't sign it, he will be a sitting duck for Bahati's faction. Then Uganda effectively will be controlled by American Dominionist Reconstructionists, and the corporate interests behind them, who will set up a covert Caesaropapist government.

Poor gay Ugandans!

Get out! Get out NOW !!!
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Feb 24, 2014
The right wing bigots here are willing to have their racism trumped by their homophobia, to the extent their congratulatory posts contain any tiny speck of sincerity to begin with. Or at leas their public expressions of racism for the moment....

No surprise.
hi hi

Lancaster, PA

#9 Feb 24, 2014
Just read the CNN "interview" with this "person" and he insists gay is a learned social behavior. He says he has learned everything he knows about gays from "science." The comments section is awesome, at least thus far: The only two comments that were left about the article treat him like he is subhuman filth.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/24/world/africa/ve...
hi hi

Lancaster, PA

#10 Feb 24, 2014
I like one thing about the article, though: He's got a very, very big mouth about denouncing "western values" and wanting nothing to do with them, or the west, or any aid from the west.

I am stridently proud to want *nothing* to do with his set of values; as I have said again and again, rejecting people like him as literally evil is something I consider a moral duty. It's my moral duty, nothing less. The more they act like they're doing something "good" while you can see and smell the stink of their evil, the more I deem it urgently moral to reject their insidious, manipulative lies.
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Feb 24, 2014
Felix wrote:
<quoted text>
President Yoweri Museveni speaks the truth. Everything he says has been proven by scientists.
Fictive, sexually sick, buybull "scientists." You know, the ones who say the earth is under 10000 years old.
hi hi

Lancaster, PA

#13 Feb 25, 2014
Fundies R Mentally ill wrote:
<quoted text>
Fictive, sexually sick, buybull "scientists." You know, the ones who say the earth is under 10000 years old.
!!!!!!

I literally thought that person was kidding and *obviously* trolling and actually laughed, in a good-natured way; I thought they were being silly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 6 min L Craig s Hush Pu... 2,886
Critics Claim Religious Freedom Act Legalizes B... 7 min Wichita Romanian ... 20
Transgender Woman Featured in New Television Ca... 7 min Troll Stopper 40
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 9 min Pietro Armando 5,045
Supreme Court won't stop gay marriages in Florida 10 min L Craig s Hush Pu... 21
Gay British musician Elton John marries partner... 16 min L Craig s Hush Pu... 3
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 18 min Joe fortuna 201,175
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 24 min Terra Firma 5,671
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 58 min HOLME 68,525
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 1 hr HOLME 26,775
More from around the web