Both arguments in the Duck Dynasty de...

Both arguments in the Duck Dynasty debate

There are 117 comments on the She Knows story from Dec 20, 2013, titled Both arguments in the Duck Dynasty debate. In it, She Knows reports that:

Whether you're a die-hard Duck Dynasty fan or you've never heard of the firearm-toting family, you've likely now read DD patriarch Phil Robertson's comments that earned him an indefinite hiatus from the A+E Network and incited a national debate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at She Knows.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Strel

Tallahassee, FL

#112 Dec 30, 2013
Barnuts wrote:
<quoted text>
This is state run media in our country, and who generally owns or controls much of what comes through the television. The same people who generally run Follyhood. The same people heading the fed. It never ends.
Liberals can get away with anything under the sun when a Republican is in the WH but when the shoe is on the other foot they get all touchy feely insensitive. They are an emotional nightmare and psychotic as hell.
Yeah, I can totally see how the same people are running Fox and MSNBC.

Sheesh. The market runs the media. The market used to like Norman Rockwell and all that other shit people like you think used to be the norm (and never really was).

Now tastes have changed and the market wants something else. Something you don't like. Well that's capitalism, baby.

Also, claiming that over half the country (at least as ot comes to the issues of this thread) is psychotic is a pretty extraordinary claim. Do you have some extraordinary evidence to back it up?

I'm being facetious, of course, because you know quite well what you said isn't true. Never mind that not everyone that disagrees with you is a "liberal", whatever that means in your ideologically tainted worldview.

Consider letting go of this binary ideology crap, and try to think for yourself for once.

I'll give you a hint.

There's more than just two teams to root for out there.
Cat74

Woodridge, IL

#113 Dec 30, 2013
You do not have to agree with what Phil said to agree he had a right to say it, believe it, and preach it if he so chooses. If you are offended, so be it. I hear many things said by the broad on MSNBC with the Tampon earrings that is offensive, but she has every right to say them. She really looks goofy in the earrings, but that is her right. All GLADD did was increase DD viewership by 2,000,000 so he will probably get more money.
Strel

Tallahassee, FL

#114 Dec 30, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
You do not have to agree with what Phil said to agree he had a right to say it, believe it, and preach it if he so chooses. If you are offended, so be it. I hear many things said by the broad on MSNBC with the Tampon earrings that is offensive, but she has every right to say them. She really looks goofy in the earrings, but that is her right. All GLADD did was increase DD viewership by 2,000,000 so he will probably get more money.
This is not, and has never been, about Phil's rights.

At all.

Do you not understand what your free speech rights are? Are you related to Sarah Palin?
conservative crapola

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#115 Dec 30, 2013
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely.
The USPS is bankrupting the country.
It's because they hire using affirmative action and reverse discrimination.... just like barock was recruited.
They would've made money this year if it wasn't for girliemen like alwayswrongissa and the other teahadists, who insist usps front pension money 75 years in advance. Funny how teahadist wants government out of the way....except in this case. LMAO.
Cat74

Woodridge, IL

#116 Dec 30, 2013
Then what is it about? It is illegal to voice one's opinion now? I hear people say things on MSNBC, and CNN that is offensive, but there is no reason to get nuts about it. I can change the channel. If I am where others who don't agree with me politically is saying words I find offensive I don't think they should keep quiet. This being offended about everything is getting silly now.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#117 Dec 31, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
They would've made money this year if it wasn't for girliemen like alwayswrongissa and the other teahadists, who insist usps front pension money 75 years in advance. Funny how teahadist wants government out of the way....except in this case. LMAO.
You dunce.

They have to make a stamp with a magically rising price to keep up with the ever increasing cost of housing all those affirmative action beneficiaries.
Strel

Tallahassee, FL

#118 Dec 31, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Then what is it about? It is illegal to voice one's opinion now? I hear people say things on MSNBC, and CNN that is offensive, but there is no reason to get nuts about it. I can change the channel. If I am where others who don't agree with me politically is saying words I find offensive I don't think they should keep quiet. This being offended about everything is getting silly now.
Yes, it is. But can you recognize it is ridiculous on both sides?
It's still not a free speech issue. Free speech is a right you have against the government, not other people. So Phil's rights were never violated, because his rights were never involved.
The result of course will be that suckers thinking they are making a political statement will buy up all the merchandise, which was probably the idea from the start.
And most of that cash will go to A&E, who you think "lost."
conservative crapola

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Kornfield Kounty

#119 Dec 31, 2013
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
You dunce.
They have to make a stamp with a magically rising price to keep up with the ever increasing cost of housing all those affirmative action beneficiaries.
First-class postage was never meant for 3rd class citizens, like you. LMAO.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Location hidden

#120 Dec 31, 2013
<quoted text>
First-class postage was never meant for 3rd class citizens, like you. LMAO.
They were made for people who live in liberal fantasyland.

http://www.ehow.com/about_6633395_forever-pos...

United States

#121 Dec 31, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Tell your right wing friends what was said about Romney's grand baby was just freedom of speech and not to go nuts over it.
Cat74

Aurora, IL

#123 Dec 31, 2013
I can imagine what the lady with the tampon earrings would have said if Romney had a family picture taken, and left out the beautiful little black baby. There is no pleasing the empty headed.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Location hidden

#124 Dec 31, 2013
Forever Stamps LOL
conservative crapola

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Kornfield Kounty

#125 Jan 1, 2014
mjjcpa wrote:
Forever Stamps LOL
They save on printing costs. okie tom cobum, who walks around bitching about lights being left on, loved the idea.. We knew the concept was way over teahadist's head. LMAO.
jade likes to suck

Villanova, PA

#126 Jan 1, 2014
NE Jade wrote:
It's not a free speech issue. It is a contractual issue. A&E is able to edit the show, and take out any biblical interpretations/preachings that cross the line. They were well aware of his Phil's past and so we will never know just what is in that contract. I'm sure they would never allow a clip to be seen of him stating that blacks were happy to be working in the fields before the civil war because they were singing gospel songs. Why would A&E be happy about that being in print from one of their "employees"? Everyone is free to state an opinion. There is a time and a place. Phil chose to make his opinion very public. Now he can deal with it. Just like some of the politicians that are now backing him. They will deal with it at voting time. People like Sarah Palin can claim another 15 minutes publicly backing him, because she knows she has a snowballs chance in hell of ever going any farther in politics.
It's not a free speech issue? Then why did you queers complain,glaad queers went to A&E and said they didn't like what Phil said didn't they? And jade,you have not been a slave for over 200 years and have gotten lots of Welfare and food stamps,you account for over 90% of crime,you can't watch the TV news without watching Black men jumping over a 711 counter with guns in their hands terrorizing some poor clerk making $ 7.00 per hour who works for a living,if honest Abe Lincoln could see what would happen if he freed blacks,you would still be a slave and we could cut the police force by 90%...As far as Sarah Palin, she is on TV just about everyday,where is your boy Martin Bashir?

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Location hidden

#127 Jan 1, 2014
<quoted text>
They save on printing costs. okie tom cobum, who walks around bitching about lights being left on, loved the idea.. We knew the concept was way over teahadist's head. LMAO.
You miss the point, zipperhead.

You ever see the price of a stamp go down? Of course not. It only goes up to deal with the massive waste caused by affirmative action hiring policies.
Cat74

Carpentersville, IL

#128 Jan 1, 2014
The boots I ordered that took over 2 weeks to get here used U S Postal Service. I didn't think anyone used USPS. I will not soon order from them again
conservative crapola

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Kornfield Kounty

#129 Jan 1, 2014
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
You miss the point, zipperhead.
You ever see the price of a stamp go down? Of course not. It only goes up to deal with the massive waste caused by affirmative action hiring policies.
Right. And fuel costs, paper, ink, licensing, maintenance, utilities, et al, across the entire system, increasing from PRIVATE industry, has nothing to do with it. No wonder you're on toothpix more than you're in the classroom, LMAO.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pulse nightclub massacre is Florida's top story... 22 min gary 5
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 27 min lides 44,022
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 31 min lides 23,883
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 35 min Demon Finder 201
News The Case for Decriminalizing Gay Sex in Public ... 48 min Southern Charm 2
News Homosexuality against natural law (Sep '09) 1 hr Southern Charm 1,433
News Gay man legally donates blood after a year with... 1 hr Cordwainer Trout 4
More from around the web