Michiganís SB 975 Passes In Committee, Would Legalize Discrimination

Mar 21, 2013 | Posted by: Sei | Full story: lezgetreal.com

Ever since the days of desegregation, the attempts to legalize du jour discrimination have been cloaked in the guise of religious liberty. Michiganís Senate Bill 975 allows for people, especially healthcare professionals, to legally discriminate against anyone that they choose so long as they can claim religious liberty.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
david traversa

Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

I'd call it The Law of Openly Permitted Abuse .. Who do they think they're kidding ?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Well, it looks like Michigan will be one of the slowest states to evolve and progress into the future.

“ WOOF !”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
Well, it looks like Michigan will be one of the slowest states to evolve and progress into the future.
Doesn't matter. It's going to be a barren wasteland in the near future because people have been fleeing the state in droves for decades. You can buy a house there in that godforsaken state for less than a car. They're plowing over razed city blocks in Detroit.

“Post-religious”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

I think this moron means "de jure" discrimination, not "du jour."

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Ahhhh, turning Jewish doctors against Christians, and Christians against Muslims, and Muslims against Atheists. And, of course, all of them against GLBTs. What a Utopia the state of Michigan will become. Why, I can't wait to relocate to such a Garden of Eden.
Anonymous

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Just avoid MI like the Hate state it is.....

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter. It's going to be a barren wasteland in the near future because people have been fleeing the state in droves for decades. You can buy a house there in that godforsaken state for less than a car. They're plowing over razed city blocks in Detroit.
Actually Michigan is quite lovely once you get away from the cities.

Many of us LIKE the fact that people are "fleeing the state in droves"; more room for the rest of us.

All we need to do is get rid of the GOPasaurs in control in Lansing and we'll be fine.

They're digging their own graves for the 2014 elections with these moronic bills.

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Michigan is quite lovely once you get away from the cities.
Many of us LIKE the fact that people are "fleeing the state in droves"; more room for the rest of us.
All we need to do is get rid of the GOPasaurs in control in Lansing and we'll be fine.
They're digging their own graves for the 2014 elections with these moronic bills.
You, and other like you, always say that, yet Republicnas keep getting elected to the majority in the House Of Representatives, keep getting elected to the majority in the state legislatures, and keep getting elected to the majority of the gubernatorial seats. Democrats are the MINORITY party.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
You, and other like you, always say that, yet Republicnas keep getting elected to the majority in the House Of Representatives, keep getting elected to the majority in the state legislatures, and keep getting elected to the majority of the gubernatorial seats. Democrats are the MINORITY party.
I was speaking specifically of Michigan were we will dump the GOPasaurs in '14 and return the state to total Democratic control.

Btw, for a "minority" party, the Dems still control the US Senate & the White House.

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I was speaking specifically of Michigan were we will dump the GOPasaurs in '14 and return the state to total Democratic control.
Btw, for a "minority" party, the Dems still control the US Senate & the White House.
Not quite true, because to "control the US Senate" as you put it, requires 60 votes. And Dems don't have that. Furthermore, despite all the Dem's talk of "gun control" and "an assault weapons ban", Senator Feinstein couldn't even get a majority of Democrats to support her proposed "assault weapons ban", which is why Harry Reid refused to include it in the bill. I heard on CBB that only 28 senators supported the ban. That's a far cry fro the 60 votes needed to pass it. And I also hear that Democrats believe that they will LOSE seats in the Senate in 2014.

“Equality First”

St. Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct me if I am wrong, but did I hear a news report that Michigan is considering or has voted on a law that everyone must use the restroom applicable to the sex of the person on their birth certificate? Or was that Arizona? I wonder who is going to do the physical inspection and compare it to a birth certificate, which I would think is not normally carried about by over 95% of the population.

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct me if I am wrong, but did I hear a news report that Michigan is considering or has voted on a law that everyone must use the restroom applicable to the sex of the person on their birth certificate? Or was that Arizona? I wonder who is going to do the physical inspection and compare it to a birth certificate, which I would think is not normally carried about by over 95% of the population.
They had that debate recently here in Arizona but I'm not sure what teh outcome was.

In New York, where I'm from, the city has had a law on teh books for a LONG time, that ANYONE can use ANY bathroom they wish, regardless of how they are marked, and regardless of how one is dressed.

“Equality First”

St. Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
They had that debate recently here in Arizona but I'm not sure what teh outcome was.
In New York, where I'm from, the city has had a law on teh books for a LONG time, that ANYONE can use ANY bathroom they wish, regardless of how they are marked, and regardless of how one is dressed.
O.K. I only caught part of the report. It was probably Arizona.

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Sharia Law thanks to the GOP.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••