Cullerton wants gay-marriage vote on Feb. 14

Feb 1, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WDBO-AM Orlando

Cullerton tells the Chicago Sun-Times that he'd like the state Senate to pass the measure out of committee next week and vote to approve it on Feb.

Comments
1 - 20 of 26 Comments Last updated Feb 3, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

So, what are the chances in the Illinois House? Anyone know?

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Well, if they pass it, and with the homicide rate in Chicago now 140,000% of that of New York's homicide rate, maybe there will be 6 or 7 couples left that want to get married. (Don't forget to rent an armored car to get to and from the church).

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

I think the homicide rate on Halstead and Clark Streets is actually pretty low.

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

nhjeff wrote:
I think the homicide rate on Halstead and Clark Streets is actually pretty low.
My point is that Chicago has a population less than one third that of New York's population, but the homicde rate has been, and STILL IS MORE THAN 400% the homicide rate of New York, and the DEMOCRATS who run teh city, and who SUPPOSEDLY "care so much for the average citizen", do NOTHING to prevent this obscenity !

Why does New York, with a population more than TRIPLE that of Chicago, have a homicide rate that is a FRACTION of Chicago's homicide rate ? Not only is the RATE LOWER, but teh ABSOLUTE NUMBERS are LOWER ! And none of teh politicians in Chicago give a damn because 90% of these homicides and other crimes are black-on-black crime ! SO THEY JUST DON'T CARE !

Why hasn't The Obamaniac specifically addressed the slaughter of innocent citizens in his own [supposed] "hometown" ?(I still think he was born in Karachi or Bangladesh or some other godforsaken place nobody else has ever heard of before, because he REFUSES to provide a VALID, CERTIFIED, birth certifificate to prove otherwise. Do I believe he was born in the U.S.A.? NO, I DON'T !)

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
So, what are the chances in the Illinois House? Anyone know?
Everyone is pretty certain it will pass with the Dems holding a supermajority in both bodies- House 71-47, Senate 40-19.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

On a related note-

The lone Republican in the Hawaii Senate admits marriage equality will likely pass there as well this year. SB 1369 has already been introduced.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Cal In AZ wrote:
<quoted text>

Why hasn't The Obamaniac specifically addressed the slaughter of innocent citizens in his own [supposed] "hometown" ?(I still think he was born in Karachi or Bangladesh or some other godforsaken place nobody else has ever heard of before, because he REFUSES to provide a VALID, CERTIFIED, birth certifificate to prove otherwise. Do I believe he was born in the U.S.A.? NO, I DON'T !)
Can't you find a Donald Trump conspiracy thread or something started by Fox News to go post on?
When The Levee Breaks

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

A supposed right wing gay being scolded by a left wing loon.
Disharmonious ever the gay.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Oh, World's Bigot Dipstick, spending quality family time on the gay threads once again, huh?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
On a related note-
The lone Republican in the Hawaii Senate admits marriage equality will likely pass there as well this year. SB 1369 has already been introduced.
It IS a Senate Bill?

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

When The Levee Breaks wrote:
A supposed right wing gay being scolded by a left wing loon.
Disharmonious ever the gay.
Right, because straight people NEVER do that. They're a perfectly unified bloc of identical religions, politics, and philosophies. Right? Right? Oh, sorry, no.

Disharmonious ever the HUMAN.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
It IS a Senate Bill?
Yes, SB 1369 has been introduced in the Hawaii Senate.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

For those keeping track, the following states are actively working on marriage equality bills:
Illinois
Rhode Island
Deleware
Hawaii
New Jersey
Minnesota
New Mexico

In addition the following states have started the process of overturning their constitutional bans:
Oregon- vote likely in 2014
Ohio- vote likely in 2014
Michigan- vote likely in 2014 or 2016
Colorado- vote likely in 2014 or 2016

And of course we're all waiting on the California Prop 8 decision.

That's 12 states currently in play.
Four Sticks

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, because straight people NEVER do that. They're a perfectly unified bloc of identical religions, politics, and philosophies. Right? Right? Oh, sorry, no.
Disharmonious ever the HUMAN.
I never stated such a thing yet you rely on the frailties of others to give the appearance that your constant defect should be provided extra space. I'm stating the principles of morality MUST be upheld while your decadence does quite the opposite and is more indicative of death itself.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Four Sticks wrote:
<quoted text>
I never stated such a thing yet you rely on the frailties of others to give the appearance that your constant defect should be provided extra space. I'm stating the principles of morality MUST be upheld while your decadence does quite the opposite and is more indicative of death itself.
Morality is too abstract to have bearing in legal matters

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Four Sticks wrote:
<quoted text>
It's nice to know that our efforts cancel out yours.

Refreshing, actually, to be your negation. Worth it.

The world has far too many pharisees.

Glad to do my bit, prig.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Four Sticks wrote:
I never stated such a thing
You? Who the hell are YOU? I was talking to someone called "When The Levee Breaks".

Are you saying that you're the SAME person, but that you cowardly refuse to establish a permanent profile, like anyone would do who is PROUD of what they have to say, and proud to stand BY it? I guess I'll assume that this is the person that you are.

If that IS you, then oh YES, you DID say that. Don't back away from your own words. You said...

"Disharmonious ever the gay."

Which explicitly suggests that gay people are disharmonious, as if ALL gay people should agree with ALL OTHER gay people. But, since all STRAIGHT people don't even do that, I see no reason to expect it from ANYONE. Each person in the world speaks for themselves. Disharmony is ubiquitous. We all have to work TOGETHER if we want to end it, left wing AND right wing. If you WANT to end it, that is. There ARE people who REVEL in it. How do I know that you're not ONE of them? You appear to have already changed your name once. You might do it AGAIN, just to FOSTER disharmony.
Four Sticks wrote:
yet you rely on the frailties of others to give the appearance that your constant defect should be provided extra space.
This seems like deliberately confusing talk. The BEST that I can make out of it is that you think that gay people have a "constant defect". I don't know what you mean by "frailties of others". WHOSE others? WHAT frailties? You should be more specific when you have something to say, if you hope to be clearly understood. Don't resort to (attempted) poetry unless you're a poet laureate.

Whatever our "constant defect" is, it doesn't direct us to ostracize good and innocent citizens, nor to encourage family members to cut themselves off from their loved ones. Such division and shallow judgment is CERTAINLY a defect, and I sure see it constantly.

I also don't know what you mean by "extra space". If you can't make EQUAL room in your private world for the other people who live there, then perhaps the concept of "equality" is wasted on you.
Four Sticks wrote:
I'm stating the principles of morality
The way you talk about your fellow human, I'd LOVE to hear your concept of the "principles of morality". I expect it probably has more to do with obedience and conformity, than it does with harm, or love, or peace between disparate ideologies.
Four Sticks wrote:
MUST be upheld
Yeah, I thought so. "MUST" is a component of obedience and conformity. Prove me wrong. Convince me that you care more about love and kindness, than you do about arbitrary rules of doctrine and dogma.
Four Sticks wrote:
while your decadence does quite the opposite and is more indicative of death itself.
It's a sad thing if you don't care about life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, and that you call these priorities "decadence". Do yourself a favor, and don't waste one SECOND expecting other people to bow down to your ideas of "decadence". Only those who embrace your insular idea of how life should be lived will agree with you. If you can't recognize that the world is diverse, and that other people have diverse ideas of happiness, then YOUR philosophy is indicative of "death itself". These limited ideas are dying. No one cares about appeasing you but you. I have broad ideas of a multi-flavored world. It does nothing but THRILL me to watch the philosophies of hate and limitation come to an end. People are FAR more interesting when they are unusual, unexpected, and open to more.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Whew. You gave him far more time and attention than I ever would have.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

You did it very well, though.

As usual.
The Star News Stain

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Morality is too abstract to have bearing in legal matters
I'm sure you have the same problem with common sense, proving you have an illness.
Gays and lawyers, what a deadly combination.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

45 Users are viewing the Gay/Lesbian Forum right now

Search the Gay/Lesbian Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Chick-fil-A Vallejo Location Faces Opposition 3 min Poll Taker 147
Biggest Gay Lies 24 min Zeppelin 1,175
A One-Stop LGBT Support Center 25 min Dontworry 15
Why doesn't Rose walk upright 31 min Abdul 2
McDowell County, Spruce Pine support gay marria... (Apr '12) 33 min passing by 126
Queer Molesters Beware 37 min Abdul 86
Report Exposes Deceptions by the Religious Right 37 min Dubya 28
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr eyeful 52,204
Smoking is Even Worse For HIV-Positive People 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 18
Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 2,530
Anti-Gay Pastor: Don't Hate Me But Gays Are Pos... 7 hr Jeffreys Little Munchkin 27
•••
•••