Justices may decide if vendors can snub gay weddings

Mar 20, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Daily Press & Argus

When Vanessa Willock wanted an Albuquerque photographer to shoot her same-sex commitment ceremony in 2006, she contacted Elane Photography.

Comments
2,581 - 2,600 of 2,816 Comments Last updated May 12, 2014

“abstractions of thought...”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
I asked for a document from a major medical organization that says homosexuality is not a disorder, any source but the APA. You point to a document that doesn't say it. It will take you a lot of effort to find one.
If something isn't explicitly included in a comprehensive listing of all diseases and disorders, then its absence from the list indicates it's not considered a disease or disorder. What you asked for is irrelevant; the world doesn't cater to the irrational demands of uneducated bigots like you.

Besides, I've asked you multiple times for a document from a major medical organization that says you're not mentally ill, but you've never provided that documentation. So by your logic that means you are mentally ill. And since it's unlikely you can provide credible documentation from such an organization stating you aren't a child molester, sociopath or homicidal maniac either we should prime you're those things as well, eh *sswipe?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

Terra Firma wrote:
What you asked for is irrelevant
It's also near impossible, so give it up.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
It's near impossible because professional medical organizations don't cater to the irrational demands of mentally ill bigots like you. Which is why your demands for it are irrelevant. As are you and your opinion on the matter. So you'll go to grave unsatisfied in the is matter.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, I see you still can't provide documentation from a major medical professional organization that you're not a mentally ill, child molesting, sociopathic, homicidal maniac. What's the hold up? You think it's so easy to get them to affirm a negative, so lead by example,*sswipe.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

Terra Firma wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, I see you still can't provide documentation from a major medical professional organization that you're not a mentally ill, child molesting, sociopathic, homicidal maniac. What's the hold up? You think it's so easy to get them to affirm a negative, so lead by example,*sswipe.
See, it's irrelevant, to me. It's not irrelevant to you. I'm not the one that keeps bringing up the falsehood that 'every major medical organization' says that homosexuality isn't a disorder. The fact is they don't say it. They talk about being understanding, not discriminating, being responsive to the needs of homosexuals. I agree with all of that. What they don't say is that homosexuality isn't a disorder.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
See, it's irrelevant, to me. It's not irrelevant to you.
Perhaps you don't care if you're a mentally ill, child molesting, sociopathic, homicidal maniac but those with children who live near you likely would care. So why don't you prove you aren't by having a declaration to that effect by a major professional medical organization?
Wondering wrote:
I'm not the one that keeps bringing up the falsehood that 'every major medical organization' says that homosexuality isn't a disorder. The fact is they don't say it.
On the contrary, you're the one who keeps lying by claiming homosexuality is a disorder even though no major medical organization affirmatively states that. Because you won't accept that fact, you demand instead an explicit statement from these organizations that they don't consider homosexuality a disorder as if the lack of such a statement proves anything other than you're a bigoted *sswipe.
Wondering wrote:
They talk about being understanding, not discriminating, being responsive to the needs of homosexuals. I agree with all of that. What they don't say is that homosexuality isn't a disorder.
If it were a disorder, then it would be listed in the DSM and ICD as a disorder. The fact it isn't included in either manual demonstrates the medical profession doesn't consider it as such. That your prejudice won't accept that fact is your problem.

“Adam and Steve”

Since: Aug 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

Terra Firma wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you don't care if you're a mentally ill, child molesting, sociopathic, homicidal maniac but those with children who live near you likely would care. So why don't you prove you aren't by having a declaration to that effect by a major professional medical organization?
<quoted text>
On the contrary, you're the one who keeps lying by claiming homosexuality is a disorder even though no major medical organization affirmatively states that. Because you won't accept that fact, you demand instead an explicit statement from these organizations that they don't consider homosexuality a disorder as if the lack of such a statement proves anything other than you're a bigoted *sswipe.
<quoted text>
If it were a disorder, then it would be listed in the DSM and ICD as a disorder. The fact it isn't included in either manual demonstrates the medical profession doesn't consider it as such. That your prejudice won't accept that fact is your problem.
Here's something you can give "Wondering" to chomp on. From the American Medical Association's Health Care Needs of the Homosexual Population

H-160.991 (c) opposes, the use of "reparative" or "conversion" therapy that is based upon the assumption that homosexuality per se is a mental disorder or based upon the a priori assumption that the patient should change his/her homosexual orientation.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

Edio wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's something you can give "Wondering" to chomp on. From the American Medical Association's Health Care Needs of the Homosexual Population
H-160.991 (c) opposes, the use of "reparative" or "conversion" therapy that is based upon the assumption that homosexuality per se is a mental disorder or based upon the a priori assumption that the patient should change his/her homosexual orientation.
Wow! You do understand that the reason they oppose it is because the 'cure' is said to be worse than the disorder. Nothing in your paste said it isn't a disorder. I'm done chomping.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
Wow! You do understand that the reason they oppose it is because the 'cure' is said to be worse than the disorder.
Except that's not what the AMA stated, lying *sswipe.
Wondering wrote:
Nothing in your paste said it isn't a disorder.
Actually, the statement said it opposes use of reparative therapy simply because some people (like you) assume homosexuality is a disorder or have a preconceived belief that someone should change their sexual orientation for whatever reason. In other words, there's no need to treat a disorder that exists only in the minds of people like you.
Wondering wrote:
I'm done chomping.
Now if you would only be done wasting the planet's oxygen through your existence, that would be progress.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

Terra Firma wrote:
Now if you would only be done wasting the planet's oxygen through your existence, that would be progress.
If people like you did that we'd have a lot of happy bakers, photographers and florists.
Note: I didn't say all gay people, Just those like you and Philly Freak.

“Common sense prevails.”

Since: Mar 14

3rd rock from the sun.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
That is irrelevant.
No it isn't. I know you wish you could bury that one little fact that being gay is part of the human condition. It's not the mainstream, but neither is left handedness or being a red head. You would like all the pesky gay people to go away so you could peacefully stagnate.

I'm afraid you'll just have to crawl back under your rock and deal with it. Gays are not going away. Gays are not going to be silent any longer. It's a lonely life you've chosen but you are free to make that choice, we won't miss you. Just crawl back under your rock.....and stay there.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
If people like you did that we'd have a lot of happy bakers, photographers and florists.
I've neither hired nor sued any bakers, photographers or florists for any reason for at least 20 years, much less for a same sex wedding. So I haven't done anything to make those types of people happy or sad. But thanks for lying. Again.
Wondering wrote:
Note: I didn't say all gay people, Just those like you and Philly Freak.
But your bigoted assertion that homosexuality is a "disorder" does include all gay people, doesn't it *sswipe?

So when are you going to provide a declaration from a major professional medical organization that you aren't a mentally ill, child molesting, sociopathic, homicidal maniac? Should be simple to do since you think such organizations exist in part to affirm negatives.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

DebraE wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I know you wish you could bury that one little fact that being gay is part of the human condition.
2. It's not the mainstream,
3. but neither is left handedness or being a red head.
4. You would like all the pesky gay people to go away
1. That's true and I never said otherwise.
2. I agree.
3. There is no comparison.
4. Just the pesky ones.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
4. Just the pesky ones.
And by "pesky" you mean anyone who doesn't cower behind closet doors. Well, get used to being pestered.

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked for a document from a major medical organization that says homosexuality is not a disorder, any source but the APA. You point to a document that doesn't say it. It will take you a lot of effort to find one.
Can you show us a reputable organization that says it is?

And remember since you exclude the American Psychological Association then any sources you point to can't be from the field of psychology (you made the rules).

So please tell us why you insist it's a disorder. Where is your source? Russia or Uganda?

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! You do understand that the reason they oppose it is because the 'cure' is said to be worse than the disorder. Nothing in your paste said it isn't a disorder. I'm done chomping.
You're a trip.

And we know you aren't done.

Stop lying. You asked for a source other than the APA and got one. Now you want to backtrack.

Typical 'wondering'.

BTW isn't allowing discrimination based on one's deeply held religious views essentially ignoring the religious freedoms of those who favor equality for gays and lesbians?

Religious Liberty Hypocrisy: North Carolina Forbids Churches From Performing Gay Weddings
http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2014/04/28...
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2014

Judged:

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Can you show us a reputable organization that says it is?
I didn't say there was one, You just failed at shifting the burden.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2014

Judged:

DNF wrote:
You asked for a source other than the APA and got one. Now you want to backtrack.
I got none, no backtracking required.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2014

Judged:

DNF wrote:
So please tell us why you insist it's a disorder.
It's a disorder. So is transgenderism and bisexuality.

Men that are sexually attracted to men?
Women that are sexually attracted to women?
Men that think they're women in the wrong body?
Women who think they're men in the wrong body?
A man or woman who is sexually attracted to both sexes?

Tell me why it isn't a disorder. Please, don't say because bugs and monkeys do it, they have the same disorder.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2014

Judged:

The only thing disordered is Wondering's mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••