Baird says Canada, Russia work well i...

Baird says Canada, Russia work well in Arctic despite other differences

There are 5 comments on the The Chronicle Herald story from Jan 11, 2014, titled Baird says Canada, Russia work well in Arctic despite other differences. In it, The Chronicle Herald reports that:

Whether it's sharp differences over gay rights, political meddling in Ukraine or controversy over same sex adoptions, there's no shortage of acrimony between Canada and Russia these days.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Chronicle Herald.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#1 Jan 11, 2014
Not gay related, but give me a break. Russia is already claiming the north pole and trying to make the entire Arctic Ocean into its own territorial waters. The cooperation will certainly be strained after the Great Melt is complete in a couple of years and the Arctic Ocean is open summer shipping.

Global warming is here and even if the contributing factors are immediately halted, it will be continue for 1,000 years. The Arctic is poised to become a major shipping and fishing area and all five countries bordering on it will be competing for this, but Canada and Russia are the two with the most coastline.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#2 Jan 11, 2014
As if Russia wasn't already large enough. Now they want the North Pole and Arctic Ocean? Geez!
Latter Day Taints

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Jan 11, 2014
I could easily see that area leading to the next world war. China's trying to make certain claims there, too.
George Galloway

Podgorica, Montenegro

#4 Jan 12, 2014
Gremlin wrote:
As if Russia wasn't already large enough. Now they want the North Pole and Arctic Ocean? Geez!
Arctic was Russian,before Canada even existed
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#7 Jan 14, 2014
Arctic was Russian, before Canada existed.
History, geography and related subjects is not your bag, eh, amigo?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 7 min Get Real 9,780
News Judge rejects couple's argument for refusing ga... 7 min Clark 1
News Brazil judge rules homosexuality a disease, app... 22 min Clark 3
News Gay teen against same-sex marriage heckled at u... 24 min Clark 3
News Once seen as Ireland's Justin Trudeau, progress... 26 min Clark 1
News Michigan sued after gay couples are rejected fo... 28 min Clark 11
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 53 min neighbor 2,398
News Anti-Gay Obama Graffiti Vandal to Spend 90 Days... 1 hr Imprtnrd 16
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Facts Matter 56,038
News Postal survey: gay Muslims shake off conservati... 1 hr T-bag 26
News Worker fired for same sex 'No' vote hits out 13 hr Prosperity Fundie... 11
More from around the web