Texas GOP Endorses 'Reparative Therapy' for Gays

Jun 7, 2014 Full story: ABC News 10

The Texas Republican Party now endorses so-called "reparative therapy" for gays, under a new platform given final approval at its annual convention Saturday.

Full Story

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#1 Jun 7, 2014
Fair enough. After all, I endorse euthanasia for all members of the Texas GOP. (Yes, I realize that sounds a little harsh, but honestly, that's the only cure that seems to works for these misbegotten imbeciles.)

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#2 Jun 7, 2014
I'm sure they are endorsing "therapy", hoping to get a group rate!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#3 Jun 7, 2014
Texas republicans are just looking for job security
After they are voted out of office; with their level of smarts; running an Ex- GAY therapy scam is about all they can do for a living without a kinder care diploma
http://www.gaychristian101.com/ex-gay.html
Abrahamanic Religions

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Jun 7, 2014
Does the TX GOP's endorsed reparative therapy for "gays" consist of squeezing an aspirin between one's closet case legs?
Sick of Bigots and Morons

San Francisco, CA

#5 Jun 7, 2014
Here in California where the GOP is more of a minority than gays, we're thinking of having reparative therapy for republicans. Surely, if they try hard enough, they can change.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#6 Jun 8, 2014
Sick of Bigots and Morons wrote:
Here in California where the GOP is more of a minority than gays, we're thinking of having reparative therapy for republicans. Surely, if they try hard enough, they can change.
I'd rather see the GOP close down
Their glory days are over
South Bech

Miami, FL

#7 Jun 8, 2014
The real problem with "Gay therapy" other than it is a farce . Is that no one in their right mind would put it past the GOP to send us to "therapy" if they legally could.

Arrest us and send us to 'therapy' because in their minds , they know what God wants them to do .

Islamic sharia or Christian 'sharia' are no good .
South Bech

Miami, FL

#8 Jun 8, 2014
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather see the GOP close down
Their glory days are over
The GOP Is well funded they still have a few state elections left and the White house isn't out of their grasp either .
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#9 Jun 8, 2014
South Bech wrote:
<quoted text>
The GOP Is well funded they still have a few state elections left and the White house isn't out of their grasp either .
They are still deliberately and aggressively alienating their potential voter base
Perhaps this is their peculiar way of admitting defeat?
They really need to snap out of their vapor zone and knock off the childish political hissy-fits if they ever expect to be handed the keys to the White House again
We need to support at least two viable political parties to keep America balanced for the long haul

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#10 Jun 9, 2014
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
They are still deliberately and aggressively alienating their potential voter base
Perhaps this is their peculiar way of admitting defeat?
They really need to snap out of their vapor zone and knock off the childish political hissy-fits if they ever expect to be handed the keys to the White House again
We need to support at least two viable political parties to keep America balanced for the long haul
He says as we watch a likely Republican takeover of both houses of congress. Remember that the "liberal media" is still controlled by the same crowd that supports ultra-right Republican policies and that has never reported accurately or fairly on the Obama administration, nor the obvious lying by Republicans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 3 min Hector 68,853
Cumberbatch Calls For Pardons For Gay Men 4 min Fa-Foxy 22
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 5 min NoahLovesU 57,247
Biggest Gay Lies (May '14) 6 min Cali Girl 2014 3,120
Man takes legal action after Denver baker refus... 15 min NorCal Native 718
Va. to pay $520K to lawyers in same-sex marriag... 38 min Yakitori 14
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 41 min NoahLovesU 29,196
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 48 min NoahLovesU 8,813
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 4 hr Dab 6,350
More from around the web