Pennsylvania clerk loses bid against gay marriage

Jul 9, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Sunherald.com

Without comment, Justice Samuel Alito on Wednesday rejected an appeal by Schuylkill County Orphans' Court Clerk Theresa Santai-Gaffney.

Comments
1 - 20 of 24 Comments Last updated Jul 11, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wholly Silicon Wafer

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2014

Judged:

Obviously Theresa Santai-Gaffney displeased god by not praying hard enough.

lol
Jumper The wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2014

Judged:

Wholly Silicon Wafer wrote:
lol
By all means...laugh while you still can.

I should think the laugh will be on you come judgement day.

Not that I won't be in line myself after some of the crap I pulled.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2014

Judged:

Jumper The wise wrote:
<quoted text>By all means...laugh while you still can.
I thought you religies could do any horrible, mean-spirited, evil things you wanted because your Jesus forgives anything you do, no matter what. That's certainly how most of you behave.

See, us Atheists don't have any magical friend to let us off the hook if we do bad things, so WE actually have to be good people all the time.

What's the point of adopting all the hypocrisy and bullshit that comes along with religion if you can't do whatever you want and be constantly forgiven for it? Seems kind of silly to me.
Phyllis Schlafly s Stain

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2014

Judged:

Jumper The wise wrote:
If bigot-bumpkins want to claim they're some sort of Christian [sic] then they can at least know enough that by their own tenets Christians believe it is not some finger wagging human who makes determinations about who handles matters on any alleged judgement day.

Okay, special ed? You uttered heresy, bigot.
Rainbow Theology

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2014

Judged:

Jumper The wise wrote:
You're ignoring the big hole in your theory
Saint Peter is The Judge at the Pearly Gate
And we ALL know why they call him Saint Peter
Don't we now; sugar ;o)
Homostats

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2014

Judged:

It is interesting how the phags all discount the existence of a Divinity, except when Sir Elton John declares that Jesus would approve of gay marriage. Then the phags are in complete agreement with him.
Phyllis Schlafly s Stain

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2014

Judged:

Homostats wrote:
all discount the existence of a Divinity
Conflicted homophobes sure are stupid.

Another obvious, doctrinal hypocrisy of the moronic homophobe was pointed out. Some lgbt people are religious and some aren't, just as with heterosexuals and with homophobic closet cases.

Much can be gleaned from the alleged teachings of or about jaysus without being a believer. The usual texts by any measure do not suggest he was a sexually sick hater, as so many claiming to be among his followers are.

Now go obsess equally about those who covet. That will be equally or more effective as reparative therapy than making a fool of yourself here yapping at the gay men you so clearly can't get out of your mind.
Rainbow Divinity

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2014

Judged:

Homostats wrote:
It is interesting how the phags all discount the existence of a Divinity, except when Sir Elton John declares that Jesus would approve of gay marriage. Then the phags are in complete agreement with him.
*LOVES* me some divinity
Chocolate divinity; cherry divinity; strawberry divinity; Texas Pete divinity.......
yum yum ;o)
Homostats

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2014

Judged:

Rainbow Divinity wrote:
<quoted text>
*LOVES* me some divinity
Chocolate divinity; cherry divinity; strawberry divinity; Texas Pete divinity.......
yum yum ;o)
Do you eat da chocolate divinity poo poo?....(_o_).....
Homostat Forensics

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2014

Judged:

Homostats wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you eat da chocolate divinity poo poo?....(_o_).....
No sugar
Laboratory tests reveal that chocolate divinity poo poo exists only one place in the entire universe
on your upper lip
Here Kitty Kitty

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2014

Judged:

County clerk Theresa Santai-Gaffney is the Pennsylvania marriage clerk who is being USED by the *Independence Law Center* in kahoots with the *Pennsylvania Family Institute*; an evangelical fundamentalist hate group that was active in anti-gay propH8 and in the Chik-fil-a brouhaha
Because she can't keep her government job separate from her criminal fundamentalism; she is certainly not fit to be selling marriage licenses to the general public
Feed her to the Lions
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZDKEyB3pbn0/UovSdQT... !!!!!!!!!!lion.jpg

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2014

Judged:

Homostats wrote:
See, this is why your type fails so miserably at being decent people. You get so wrapped up in forcing your short-sighted beliefs onto everyone else that you don't bother to think about what your beliefs mean.

Whether or not someone believes that Jesus was the son of God, or whether or not he even existed in the first place isn't the issue. Jesus represents something that everyone can relate to on some level. To waste your time trying to force others to believe the same thing(s) about Jesus that you do, and to discount and refuse to listen to what other people think, is ridiculous.

You've not learned anything from Jesus if you believe you can tell other people what to believe about Jesus.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2014

Judged:

Wholly Silicon Wafer wrote:
lol
Perhaps God is not on her side.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2014

Judged:

Here Kitty Kitty wrote:
County clerk Theresa Santai-Gaffney is the Pennsylvania marriage clerk who is being USED by the *Independence Law Center* in kahoots with the *Pennsylvania Family Institute*; an evangelical fundamentalist hate group that was active in anti-gay propH8 and in the Chik-fil-a brouhaha
Because she can't keep her government job separate from her criminal fundamentalism; she is certainly not fit to be selling marriage licenses to the general public
Feed her to the Lions
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZDKEyB3pbn0/UovSdQT... !!!!!!!!!!lion.jpg
She should be fired.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2014

Judged:

Jumper The wise wrote:
I'll put in a good word for you Seedcakes.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2014

Judged:

eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you religies could do any horrible, mean-spirited, evil things you wanted because your Jesus forgives anything you do, no matter what. That's certainly how most of you behave.
See, us Atheists don't have any magical friend to let us off the hook if we do bad things, so WE actually have to be good people all the time.
What's the point of adopting all the hypocrisy and bullshit that comes along with religion if you can't do whatever you want and be constantly forgiven for it? Seems kind of silly to me.
You are right, most Christians believe that all of their sins are forgiven if they accept Jesus, which means that Hitler who accepted Jesus is in heaven as we type, and some poor aborted fetus is roasting in hell because for it to accept Jesus would be impossible.

The church realizing this invented the Age of Accountability to get out from under this problem. You are saved until you understand what it means to accept Jesus. But this is just an invention with no biblical basis.

And what about the American Indians before Columbus? How could they have accepted Jesus? So they too are roasting in hell as we type. As far as I can tell everyone goes to hell, which is why the JW's say there isn't such a place. They have their Bible verses too.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2014

Judged:

2 THESS. 3:2 ("And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith"),
1 JOHN 2:22 ("Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son"), and
2 JOHN 7 ("For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist")

Imagine giving your followers the impression in the above verses that all those who lack faith in Christianity in general and Jesus in particular are unreasonable and wicked! Who would be open to dialogue with anybody so portrayed?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2014

Judged:

Central to any sensible society is the belief that truth is discovered through the interchange of ideas in an open forum. Yet, Christians are repeatedly admonished to avoid those of another persuasion and shun the exchange of ideas through dialogue. They are told to flee non-biblical ideas because the latter are not only wrong and lead believers astray but possessed by those with less than honorable motives. Christian beliefs are not to be open to questions and doubts. Many verses expose these dogmatic sentiments:

ROM. 16:17-18 RSV ("I appeal to you, brethren, to take note of those who created dissensions and difficulties, in opposition to the doctrine which you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by fair and flattering words they deceive the hearts of the simple-minded"),

2 TIM. 2:16-17 ("Avoid such godless chatter, for it will lead people into more and more ungodliness, and their talk will eat its way like gangrene"),
1 TIM. 6:20 ("O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called...."),
2 TIM. 2:14 RSV ("Remind them of this, and charge them before the Lord to avoid disputing about words, which does no good, but only ruins the hearers"),
TITUS 3:9-10 ("But avoid stupid controversies, genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels over the law, for they are unprofitable and futile. As for a man who is factious, after admonishing him once or twice, have nothing more to do with him...."),
ROM. 14:1 RSV ("As for the man who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not for disputes over opinions"),
1 TIM. 6:3-5 RSV ("If any one teaches otherwise and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching which accords with godliness, he is puffed up with conceit, he knows nothing; he has a morbid craving for controversy and for disputes about words, which produce envy, dissensions, slander, base suspicions, and wrangling among men...."),
COL. 2:4 ("I say this in order that no one may delude you with beguiling speech"),
2 TIM. 2:23-25 RSV ("Have nothing to do with stupid, senseless controversies, you know that they breed quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kindly to every one, an apt teacher, forbearing, correcting his opponents with gentleness").

How one corrects one's opponents with gentleness after one has been repeatedly told to avoid the opposition entirely is rather hard to fathom.
Jumper The wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2014

Phyllis Schlafly s Stain wrote:
<quoted text>
If bigot-bumpkins want to claim they're some sort of Christian [sic] then they can at least know enough that by their own tenets Christians believe it is not some finger wagging human who makes determinations about who handles matters on any alleged judgement day.
Okay, special ed? You uttered heresy, bigot.
Gay.
Catholic League of Duncey

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2014

Judged:

Jumper The wise wrote:
<quoted text>Gay.
Hey rube, you avoided the content.

Christians are supposed to believe that humans are not the ones making the judgments on the claimed Judgment Day. Yet you "departed" from this.

You could at least learn something about the buybull horsesht you're spewing.

Now, if you can't address that simple point then call in ur hom skool teechur for hewlp.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••