Christie Attacks DOMA Ruling Despite ...

Christie Attacks DOMA Ruling Despite Loving Small Government

There are 28 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Jun 27, 2013, titled Christie Attacks DOMA Ruling Despite Loving Small Government. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie attacked the Supreme Court ruling on DOMA despite being a long time advocate of small government.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

#1 Jun 27, 2013
Looks like he also attacked about 40 Big Macs and a few dozen doughnuts.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#2 Jun 27, 2013
This is disappointing. I thought he was getting kind of cool. I see he is now sucking up to the ultra conservatives. Too bad.
Chance

Grove City, PA

#3 Jun 27, 2013
Contrary to "gay marriage" meaning more freedom for Americans, it means less. Fewer people able to run their businesses as they see fit. Political correctness about gays accelerated and intensified. And many of us believe ultimately it will lead to churches being attacked and even closed down because they won't be able afford the lawsuits that are sure to follow when they decline to participate in gay weddings. Freedom took a huge hit yesterday, and it will only get worse unless those Americans who are not gay and support "gay marriage" wake up and realize what they are doing.

Palm Springs, California

#4 Jun 27, 2013
Chance wrote:
Contrary to "gay marriage" meaning more freedom for Americans, it means less. Fewer people able to run their businesses as they see fit. Political correctness about gays accelerated and intensified. And many of us believe ultimately it will lead to churches being attacked and even closed down because they won't be able afford the lawsuits that are sure to follow when they decline to participate in gay weddings. Freedom took a huge hit yesterday, and it will only get worse unless those Americans who are not gay and support "gay marriage" wake up and realize what they are doing.
Good luck on that one.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#5 Jun 27, 2013
Chance wrote:
Wah wah wah wah wah. You just keep screaming, Chicken Little. It will either help your lung capacity, or you'll burst a blood vessel. Frankly, I don't care which.
Ron

Sweden

#8 Jun 27, 2013
Chance wrote:
Freedom took a huge hit yesterday, and it will only get worse unless those Americans who are not gay and support "gay marriage" wake up and realize what they are doing.
THIS ^^^
Ron

Sweden

#9 Jun 27, 2013
Tell it like it is Governor Christie!!!

“A long time ago”

Since: Nov 09

in a galaxy far, far away....

#10 Jun 27, 2013
Chance wrote:
Contrary to "gay marriage" meaning more freedom for Americans, it means less. Fewer people able to run their businesses as they see fit.
"As they see fit" does NOT mean "contrary to local, state and federal discrimination laws". Even before this, there have been MANY laws that business owners MUST obey. They never could run their businesses "as they see fit", they must run them as the state sees fit. There is no benefit to a business for being able to run the "wrong" kinds of customers out the door.
Chance wrote:
Political correctness about gays accelerated and intensified.
Imagine, having to behave civilly and cooperatively with your fellow citizens. Outrageous!
Chance wrote:
And many of us believe ultimately it will lead to churches being attacked and even closed down because they won't be able afford the lawsuits that are sure to follow when they decline to participate in gay weddings.
Many of you believe wrong. Churches don't have to marry anyone they don't want NOW, even straight people. Gay people will not (and cannot) force churches to perform any weddings against their will.

We don't NEED it, anyway. Churches only perform ceremonies. They don't provide the administrative benefits associated with marriage, the gov't does that. It is only the gov't's authority that we seek. A church's involvement is only a formality, and not a necessary one.
Chance wrote:
Freedom took a huge hit yesterday, and it will only get worse unless those Americans who are not gay and support "gay marriage" wake up and realize what they are doing.
Americans as private citizens don't have to "support" anything they don't want. They're still free to oppose interracial marriages if they want. But that doesn't mean that interracial marriages have to STOP just because someone doesn't like them, and it doesn't mean their freedom is taking a hit. Only the government gives the kind of "support" we want.

Please feel free to continue to exercise your freedom to dislike things, but don't assume that we must outlaw what you dislike.

San Francisco

#11 Jun 27, 2013
Chance wrote:
Your feigned concern about lawsuits fools no one, SniKKKers. As usual, you're being thoroughly dishonest, knowing only too well that everything you said is BS. No one is going to close down your precious houses of superstition, especially in a place as backward and uneducated as Grove City.

Now go cry with the rest of the white-trash losers in your trailer park. We won; you lost. Get over it.
Brian

Attleboro, MA

#12 Jun 27, 2013
There's nothing small about Christie.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#13 Jun 27, 2013
Oh look.

TOPIX changed it's banner.

That changes EVERYTHING.

Palm Springs, California

#14 Jun 27, 2013
Yeah, new banner, but now I am unable to reply to anyone! that lets a lot of your haters off the hook.

Location hidden

#15 Jun 27, 2013
I think that it makes editing out the trollishnesses far easier, because they don't appear in the replies of the undisciplined posters.

It encourages speaking to the forum ISSUE rather than what is essentially little more than bitchy chatting.

it certainly streamlines the software and reduces the cache load on the servers. They no longer have to maintain sub-thread reply lists.

It's still possible to reply to someone by copy/pasting from their remarks, but it ups the threshold from one of indolent desire to needing to be worth the trouble.

I suspect that it's really just a cost-cutting measure, with a rationale of improving the quality of discourse in the threads.

TOPIX has been losing clients because of all the trash talk and trolling. Publications just don't want that crap under their masthead. It damages their credibility.

You might not care, but TOPIX is a business that hopes to provide a useful service.

San Francisco

#16 Jun 27, 2013
No, Topix, you've got it all wrong. If you're going to disable one of the functions, it shouldn't be "Reply." It should be "Post Comment" from unregistered accounts.

Location hidden

#17 Jun 27, 2013
They really need a TOPIX Forum just about TOPIX itself.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#18 Jun 27, 2013
I think Topix is messed up now. Anyone else having trouble ?

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#19 Jun 27, 2013
They have a topix forum.....and an offbeat forum and all sorts of stuff and it appears that the new format is only in the Gay/Lesbian forum at the moment!!!

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#20 Jun 27, 2013
Seems "reply" doesn't work for me on any forum on any thread with any browser on any pc I have.

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

#21 Jun 27, 2013
The topmost band portion of the page here where it says "Topix" and other stuff, is upside down and backwards here now, and the "reply" function does not work, on any of my 4 pc's and I have tried using Google Chrome, IE, and FireFox with no effect.

Anyone else ?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#22 Jun 27, 2013
snyper wrote:
They really need a TOPIX Forum just about TOPIX itself.
They do have one, or they did anyways. It was a complete waste of space, I haven't been back to it in months.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News California Lawmakers Move to Limit Gay Conversi... 8 min Frankie Rizzo 7
News Kansas teacher moves after receiving threats fo... 17 min Frankie Rizzo 25
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 49 min Frankie Rizzo 27,991
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Respect71 60,834
News Lesbian mum told baby won't be legally register... 3 hr Murphy 1
News School textbook with gay maths problem go viral 5 hr cpeter1313 8
News Federal Labor vows to crack down on gay convers... 9 hr Tre H 2
News 'Roseanne' Star Recalls Fight to Air Controvers... Apr 20 Frankie Rizzo 103