Backholm: ‘Christians “Are Going To S...

Backholm: ‘Christians “Are Going To Suffer”‘ After Marriage Victories

There are 26 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Nov 9, 2012, titled Backholm: ‘Christians “Are Going To Suffer”‘ After Marriage Victories . In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

Anti-marriage proponents are continuing to not accept that they lost big in the last election, and are still stating that they will be persecuted en masse now. In Washington, Family Policy Institute of Washington spokesman Joseph Backholm, talking to Christian websites, took comfort in the fact that marriage inequality came within four percentage points of winning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#1 Nov 9, 2012
If Jay-zus were real, these people would be suffering in another place in the future for the sin of hypocrisy.
Mona Lott

West New York, NJ

#2 Nov 9, 2012
What would the fundies do if they had nothing to whine about? They certainly don't want to focus on their own shortcomings.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#3 Nov 9, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
What would the fundies do if they had nothing to whine about? They certainly don't want to focus on their own shortcomings.
They can't count that high.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#4 Nov 9, 2012
Only the anti-gay christians will "suffer", the rest will be just fine.

Life sucks when you're a bigot!

Btw, is it just me, or does he strike anyone else as a major closet case?
Mona Lott

West New York, NJ

#5 Nov 9, 2012
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
They can't count that high.
lol

“Where's my fairy wand!”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

#6 Nov 9, 2012
I could not care less about the Christians.

Stop trying to take away my rights and I'm happy to let you live in the 1st or 2nd century.

However, try to impose those 1st century ideals into 21st century society and I have no problem feeding you to the political lions.

Be backward if you want to, no skin off my ass. The rest of us will happily move froward without you.

Since: Apr 08

Cleveland, OH

#7 Nov 9, 2012
Yes, they will suffer, just like the Catholics suffered when they were forced to accept things when divorce was legally recognized.

Wait -- Catholics weren't forced to accept divorce. And they certainly didn't suffer when divorce was legally permitted in secular society.

“Equality for ALL”

Since: Jul 10

Massachusetts

#8 Nov 9, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
Nor do they practice what Jesus supposedly told them to do. Feed the poor ...house the homeless ...comfort the sick.

I guess those activities don't pay for their mansions and private jets.
john e

Geneseo, NY

#9 Nov 9, 2012
They'll face the humiliation of lack luster weddings in comparison. People told me over and over that my same sex wedding/reception was the best they've ever been to.

Since: Jul 09

Indy/Philly/Toronto

#10 Nov 9, 2012
Well, here in the civilized North, the suffering has been endless. Just look at how unhappy people are here. I mean it's relentless, the amount of repressed Christians who have been forced to share a country with such immoral beings.
Why, oh why didn't we see this coming?
I hear countries like Argentina, Portugal, Denmark and Sweden are in even worse shape. How could they be led to such a devious path?
I hope you Americans will take heed and stop this before it's too late. Put your trust in the Lord.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#11 Nov 9, 2012
I guess we should tell Romney that his loss really wasn't ALL that bad because he only lost by 2 percentage points......YEP, that'll make him feel so much better.......lol!!!

These folks will find ANY way to make themselves feel better.......take a look at this from Radio Fox News:
http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stor...

Just wanted to share what a lovely Christian posted......and this guy is claiming this happened just 2 weeks before the election, but didn't post it until 2 days after the election.......I'd love to hear your thoughts on it!!!
TravisA

Jefferson, GA

#12 Nov 9, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
I guess we should tell Romney that his loss really wasn't ALL that bad because he only lost by 2 percentage points......YEP, that'll make him feel so much better.......lol!!!
These folks will find ANY way to make themselves feel better.......take a look at this from Radio Fox News:
http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stor...
Just wanted to share what a lovely Christian posted......and this guy is claiming this happened just 2 weeks before the election, but didn't post it until 2 days after the election.......I'd love to hear your thoughts on it!!!
its clearly BS you can tell i mean who in the hell would use Seran Wrap if they didn't have a condom???? They will do anything to try and win

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#13 Nov 9, 2012
TravisA wrote:
<quoted text>
its clearly BS you can tell i mean who in the hell would use Seran Wrap if they didn't have a condom???? They will do anything to try and win
Hey Travis,
Long time no see buddy.......how's life been treating you? Mrs-Whitewater and myself are well and so happy to see Marriage Equality finally passing at the ballot box.......hopefully it won't have to in the future......but somehow these bigots just won't stop!!!

Hugs:-)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#14 Nov 9, 2012
Guys, they are going to start fomenting a religious "war" out of this.

Location hidden

#15 Nov 9, 2012
I hate the number "52".

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#16 Nov 9, 2012
snyper wrote:
I hate the number "52".
??

Location hidden

#17 Nov 9, 2012
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>??
percentages
Donate2NOM

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Nov 9, 2012
But Christians are being persecuted by Government now. All our Constitutional rights are being abridged by queers from the government.
Queers run the crooked government.
Typical.

Location hidden

#19 Nov 9, 2012
Donate2NOM wrote:
But Christians are being persecuted by Government now. All our Constitutional rights are being abridged by queers from the government.
Typical.
How about a laundry list of specifics with supporting links?

While you're busy compiling it, how about sharing with us which of YOUR Constitutional Rights is being/has been abridged.
Mona Lott

West New York, NJ

#20 Nov 10, 2012
Donate2NOM wrote:
Typical.
Always the whine, never any truth.

Go ahead.... continue to fund NOM.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 17 min No Surprise 5,417
News Why does the Texas criminal code still ban "hom... 21 min tob 38
News 2nd Circuit allows sex bias suit based on gay s... 38 min Wondering 7
News 'Reading a book can't turn you gay,' say author... 39 min Wondering 126
News Mike Huckabee links same-sex marriage to straig... (Feb '11) 40 min Repeal Explosion 67
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Terra Firma 46,410
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr Truth 25,300
More from around the web