In CA, Domestic Partnerships Decline ...

In CA, Domestic Partnerships Decline as Marriage Soars

There are 6 comments on the EDGE story from Dec 21, 2013, titled In CA, Domestic Partnerships Decline as Marriage Soars. In it, EDGE reports that:

Once Kris Perry and Sandy Stier became the first couple to wed in San Francisco on June 28, same-sex couples have flocked to the city to marry, according to figures from county officials California domestic partnerships dipped during the second half of 2013 compared to the same time period in 2012, as the demand for marriage licenses has increased ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#1 Dec 21, 2013
Gee who'da thunk it!

LMAO!

Is Edge robobobloging from the Onion with the same robo Topix uses?

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#2 Dec 21, 2013
Of course DP's would decrease when Marriage was allowed.......and the only folks getting DP's would be elderly couples who don't obviously want to lose their spousal survival benefits!!!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#3 Dec 22, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
Of course DP's would decrease when Marriage was allowed.......and the only folks getting DP's would be elderly couples who don't obviously want to lose their spousal survival benefits!!!
You bring up a good point about DP's.

#4 Dec 22, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>You bring up a good point about DP's.
That is and has always been my issue regarding the DP's is because when an elderly couple has one, the State DOESN'T see it as a marriage so the couple will NOT lose their spousal benefits from their deceased spouse........and though it works for couples like them, it clearly shows that they AREN'T marriages!!!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#5 Dec 22, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
That is and has always been my issue regarding the DP's is because when an elderly couple has one, the State DOESN'T see it as a marriage so the couple will NOT lose their spousal benefits from their deceased spouse........and though it works for couples like them, it clearly shows that they AREN'T marriages!!!
exactly. DP's were designed to be alternatives to marriage not a substitute for marriages.

#6 Dec 22, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>exactly. DP's were designed to be alternatives to marriage not a substitute for marriages.
Hence why they're NOT equal to marriage and NEVER will be.......DP's are good for those who might NOT be ready for marriage yet or the elderly, but people really NEED to investigate them before entering into one in my opinion!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News North Carolina's rush to bigotry 1 min Time again 2,607
News Anti-Gay Jehovah's Witness Cartoon Tells Kids T... 6 min aadrivers 7
News Elephants perform for final time at Ringling Bros. 18 min An NFL Fan 27
News Mississippi Governor Signs Law Allowing Busines... 20 min An NFL Fan 390
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 29 min June VanDerMark 9,842
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr GayleWood 34,570
Looking for a new boyf 1 hr Terry 3
More from around the web