Immigration Bill Would Boost Social S...

Immigration Bill Would Boost Social Security

There are 26 comments on the KSTP story from May 8, 2013, titled Immigration Bill Would Boost Social Security. In it, KSTP reports that:

A bipartisan immigration bill pending in the Senate would strengthen the Social Security trust fund by adding millions of workers to tax rolls, and provide a boost to the overall economy, according to an analysis Wednesday by the Social Security Administration.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSTP.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#27 May 9, 2013
Brilliant! Rather than sending troops over seas to fight wars bring the wars to the U.S. The savings in fuel alone would be enormous.
The problem Is

Covina, CA

#28 May 9, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
If all the people on the planet immigrate to America; there will be no more wars overseas
The savings in military expenditures alone will be phenomenal
America may tip over and sink into the ocean due to overpopulation.
spud

Wilkes Barre, PA

#30 May 10, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
If all the people on the planet immigrate to America; there will be no more wars overseas
The savings in military expenditures alone will be phenomenal
That's pretty funny. Unfortunately, that is exactly the type of thinking that created this amnesty proposal.
ObamaBenGhaziImp each

Covina, CA

#32 May 13, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>That's pretty funny. Unfortunately, that is exactly the type of thinking that created this amnesty proposal.
Two things we don't need with this bill -amnesty and oh yeah a that Soviet Style database that goes with it.

You see how Obama is directing the IRS to go after his political foes. Seriously, this guy is a Soviet style dictator and a muslim manchurian candidate all rapped in one.

The CIA outdid itself with this puppet.
Lilith_Satans_Wh o_re

Indianapolis, IN

#33 May 13, 2013
I love to eat beans
ima- Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

#34 May 13, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>What about all the elderly parents of amnestied illegal aliens that will be brought here in the name of family reunification? They'll be put on SSI immediately without ever having contributed a dime. Amnesty would be a huge loser for the taxpayer and the SS system.
you are so right, those elderly alone would triple the money on SSI payouts that we certainly cannot afford and which they've never contributed one dime into our system. Doesn't take a genius to realize and understand this important factor. Personally I don't see why officials would even consider ANY ELDERLY being brought in to our country as their only desire to enter our country would be only for MEDICAL PURPOSES. I believe that those given amnesty should be able to supply PROOF that financially THEY CAN SUPPORT THEIR ELDERLY PARENTS IF NOT THEN PARENTS CANNOT BE GIVEN CONSIDERATION TO BE HERE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 3 min Jonah1 18,507
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 19 min EdmondWA 40,541
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 41 min Frankie Rizzo 68,993
News Eastern Kentucky holds first Pride Festival 46 min Rose_NoHo 102
News Priests and nuns hold bizarre ceremony to 'puri... 1 hr Spotted Girl 50
News Transgender stories: when you are born in the w... 1 hr Sneaky Pete 28
News 10 Reasons Why You Should Help Fight Biphobia i... 1 hr Wondering 63
More from around the web