Church wants 'higher birth rate, not ...

Church wants 'higher birth rate, not gay parade'

There are 161 comments on the B92 story from Sep 27, 2013, titled Church wants 'higher birth rate, not gay parade'. In it, B92 reports that:

The Church and government "have to do something" in order to increase the birth rate and help the spiritual and moral renewal of the Serbian people, he also said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at B92.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#43 Sep 30, 2013
Ponos Ratkajevih wrote:
<quoted text>
satanists are God's creation too, before they became satanists that is... so does God still love them after they defied Him and did so many twisted rituals? I doubt it
Same about gays. Bible condemns their acts
No, the Bible condemns straight folks who fornicate in pagan worship, and rapists, but there isn't a single mention of folks who can ONLY be attracted to the same gender.

I would think Satan would have an interest in fomenting misunderstanding and hatred for your fellow man, not love, acceptance, care, and kindness.

You seem to be following right along with his dastardly plan.
ha ha2

London, UK

#44 Sep 30, 2013
I don't see how this can be a church thing.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#45 Sep 30, 2013
Of course the church wants more people.
More people, more income and job security for
the clergy. Hawking religiosity is big business.
The market has to expand.
Cujo

Regina, Canada

#46 Sep 30, 2013
It's the only way the Church has a future, because reason and logic is winning, and the church is losing big time. Luckily, reason and logic is why gay marriage and gay people in general are largly accepted now.

Keep chasing away the flock, church leaders, the less religious a society, the better.
rock white

Stratford-upon-avon, UK

#47 Sep 30, 2013
ban all SAD deviants. In the closet then throw the key away.
Gay Serbian Guy

Punchbowl, Australia

#48 Oct 2, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the Bible condemns straight folks who fornicate in pagan worship, and rapists, but there isn't a single mention of folks who can ONLY be attracted to the same gender.
I would think Satan would have an interest in fomenting misunderstanding and hatred for your fellow man, not love, acceptance, care, and kindness.
You seem to be following right along with his dastardly plan.
Well said, you summed it up perfectly.
If religion doesn't teach it's followers about love, then it may as well be Satanic.
I don't follow the Serbian Orthodox religion of my parents, because it discriminates against people just because they are attracted to the same sex.
Nanderelle

Zenica, Bosnia and Herzegovina

#49 Oct 2, 2013
I dont really follow any religion!
Gay Serbian Guy

Punchbowl, Australia

#51 Oct 3, 2013
Verbam wrote:
<quoted text>
Patriarch Irinej said, "Fools take pride in what smart people are ashamed of". That pretty well sums up the entire gay movement.
The fcuken dumbarse patriarch should go back in his cave and keep his stupid opinions to himself.
We have every reason to be proud of who we are, what's with all this abuse of gay people by the Serbian Orthodox Church, all the other Churches are accepting. Even the Pope is in favour of gay rights.
I ashamed to be a Serb, I get treated much better by all the other people. Serbia really needs to come out of the medieval dark ages, it will be left behind the rest of humanity if it doesn't.
Nanderelle

Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina

#52 Oct 3, 2013
Ultra-nationalism rules Serbia!
Michael

Canada

#53 Oct 3, 2013
Let me see! The roman catholic church leaders encourages families to have more children, resulting in love, and happiness, yet the very church leaders who push this message are forbidden themselves to marry and have children, because the mother church would lose control over the church leaders finances that usually get willed back to the church.

HYPOCRICY!

ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!

“Whats the matter lolol”

Since: Jan 07

Toronto CANADA

#54 Oct 3, 2013
Michael wrote:
Let me see! The roman catholic church leaders encourages families to have more children, resulting in love, and happiness, yet the very church leaders who push this message are forbidden themselves to marry and have children, because the mother church would lose control over the church leaders finances that usually get willed back to the church.
HYPOCRICY!
ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!
This is the serb orthodox church being quoted as saying not the Catholic church
jastreb_____

Ljubljana, Slovenia

#55 Oct 3, 2013
Michael wrote:
Let me see! The roman catholic church leaders encourages families to have more children, resulting in love, and happiness, yet the very church leaders who push this message are forbidden themselves to marry and have children, because the mother church would lose control over the church leaders finances that usually get willed back to the church.
HYPOCRICY!
ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!
true
Serbonazis

United States

#56 Oct 3, 2013
jastreb_____ wrote:
<quoted text>
true
sameservoslave
Proud Serbian Gay

Punchbowl, Australia

#57 Oct 4, 2013
Michael wrote:
Let me see! The roman catholic church leaders encourages families to have more children, resulting in love, and happiness, yet the very church leaders who push this message are forbidden themselves to marry and have children, because the mother church would lose control over the church leaders finances that usually get willed back to the church.
HYPOCRICY!
ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!
There all the same, Orthodox, Catholic, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist. All of these are businesses set up to rip people off.
Now we have Humanism which is based on logic, we use common sense ethics as our foundation.
We care about the environment and the rights of Animals, Plants and Humans. We are the only people who deserve to govern the world because we care about the environment and all the ecosystems and the Animals which depend on them.
We are the only group who making a stand to save the planet. If the religious nuts have their way, they will destroy the planet because of their greed.
All religions are false because they all claim to be the only true religion. How fricken dumb are those poor bastards who support these religions.
Michael

Canada

#58 Oct 4, 2013
Cujo wrote:
It's the only way the Church has a future, because reason and logic is winning, and the church is losing big time. Luckily, reason and logic is why gay marriage and gay people in general are largly accepted now.
Keep chasing away the flock, church leaders, the less religious a society, the better.
Organized religion is all about divisivness.

Most people of faith are so not because they chose a particular religious belief using their OWN personal knowledge, but because MOST were born into their families religious tradition so you would become what mom and dad want you to become.........just like them.

Each religious belief claims they are the ones that God is looking down upon. I say if ONE religion really had the SMOKING GUN of truth, we would all join that one belief.

Today as in the past religions have carried on MOSTLY because of hand-me-down-family-indoctrina tion from childhood. I am sure there are not too many catholic, jewish or Islamic parents would be proud of their children if they switched beliefs, that are really more about family appeasement than the actual belief itselt.
Proud Serbian Gay

Punchbowl, Australia

#59 Oct 4, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Organized religion is all about divisivness.
Most people of faith are so not because they chose a particular religious belief using their OWN personal knowledge, but because MOST were born into their families religious tradition so you would become what mom and dad want you to become.........just like them.
Each religious belief claims they are the ones that God is looking down upon. I say if ONE religion really had the SMOKING GUN of truth, we would all join that one belief.
Today as in the past religions have carried on MOSTLY because of hand-me-down-family-indoctrina tion from childhood. I am sure there are not too many catholic, jewish or Islamic parents would be proud of their children if they switched beliefs, that are really more about family appeasement than the actual belief itselt.
Good point about religion being divise, that's for sure. I like the John Lennon song, Imagine a world without religion.
One day soon we might see this new enlightened world come into being.
jastreb_____

Ljubljana, Slovenia

#60 Oct 4, 2013
gays are one big yuk
Serbonazis

United States

#61 Oct 4, 2013
jastreb_____ wrote:
gays are one big yuk
they are found plenty in servoslavia
Michael

Canada

#62 Oct 4, 2013
Jethro66 wrote:
<quoted text>This is the serb orthodox church being quoted as saying not the Catholic church
You believe the roman catholic church has never said this before?

Priests/bishops tell catholic families to NOT practice birth control and have more children creating a loving family lifestyle, however, these very priests/bishops who tell others to live this way are denied themselves to marry and have children to enjoy the lifestyle they tell others they should be enjoying.

Its all about the $$$$$$$$$

.....UNBELIEVABLE!

“Whats the matter lolol”

Since: Jan 07

Toronto CANADA

#63 Oct 4, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe the roman catholic church has never said this before?
Priests/bishops tell catholic families to NOT practice birth control and have more children creating a loving family lifestyle, however, these very priests/bishops who tell others to live this way are denied themselves to marry and have children to enjoy the lifestyle they tell others they should be enjoying.
Its all about the $$$$$$$$$
.....UNBELIEVABLE!
Under the last Pope yes...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 3 min positronium 14,206
News This Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for being born gay 7 min Rose_NoHo 41
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 35 min lado 57,976
News Gay teacher fired by South Coast Baptist Colleg... 2 hr Wondering 6
News Ten Commandments judge faces runoff in Alabama ... 2 hr Sammi 206
News Roy Moore accuser says she was not paid to tell... 3 hr Trump is a joke 28
News Congressman Under Fire For 'Outlaw Divorce' Rem... (Jul '06) 3 hr Rubic Pubes 119
Roy Moore.....Just Another Hypocrite 4 hr Frankie Rizzo 112
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 5 hr Frankie Rizzo 26,529
More from around the web