San Francisco lawmakers to consider renaming city's airport for gay rights leader Harvey Milk

Jan 14, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Winnipeg Free Press

San Francisco lawmakers are considering whether to ask voters to rename the city's airport after one of their own: slain gay rights leader Harvey Milk.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of33
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“... from a ...”

Since: Mar 09

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

I really think he'd so rather have had the Opera House renamed for him, but the airport would do more for the movement so he'd agree.
Harry Callihan

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

I would favor renaming the airport after Clint Eastwood or Jerry Garcia since they had a much more positive influence on the image of San Francisco than some nobody by the name of Harvey Milk.
Brian

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Harry Callihan wrote:
I would favor renaming the airport after Clint Eastwood or Jerry Garcia since they had a much more positive influence on the image of San Francisco than some nobody by the name of Harvey Milk.
Yes, because talking to empty chairs is a positive influence, if you're mentally insane, I guess.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Harry Callihan wrote:
Oh, lovely, Jerry Garcia, a heroin addict who was so morbidly obese his heart just gave out at 53 years old. Clint Eastwood? What has he done for anyone, but make violent movies and choose to live over 50 miles away from San Francisco in Carmel?

Great role models you got there, Cletus.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
I really think he'd so rather have had the Opera House renamed for him, but the airport would do more for the movement so he'd agree.
That sounds like a load of trouble and expense to make a big change like that. Most major cities' airports are named after the city to make it more clear for travelers.

Possibly they could do what LA Airport did and name the International Terminal after Mayor Tom Bradley, or name a concourse or something like that for Harvey. Or, dual name the place San Francisco-Harvey Milk International.
straight shooter

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

will the airport only have a back door?

come on that's funny...

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

straight shooter wrote:
will the airport only have a back door?
come on that's funny...
Your comment is just pathetic......and you call yourself a lawyer, making a childish insulting comment like that......pathetic!!!!
david traversa

Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comment is just pathetic......and you call yourself a lawyer, making a childish insulting comment like that......pathetic!!!!
Are you sure he knows what "pathetic" means? It's obvious his standards are of the lowest..
straight shooter

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I am an equal opportunity joker/insulter...

don't take yourself too seriously, i don't...

it was so cold today I saw a lawyer with his hands in hi OWN pockets!

wow, so offensive...
but, I think we adults can take it...

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

david traversa wrote:
<quoted text>Are you sure he knows what "pathetic" means? It's obvious his standards are of the lowest..
I thought he did, but I could be wrong.......either way the comment was in poor taste and NOT funny!!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
I am an equal opportunity joker/insulter...
don't take yourself too seriously, i don't...
it was so cold today I saw a lawyer with his hands in hi OWN pockets!
wow, so offensive...
but, I think we adults can take it...
Your sense of humor sucks, but then that shouldn't be surprising seeing as what other stuff you post!!!
david traversa

Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought he did, but I could be wrong.......either way the comment was in poor taste and NOT funny!!!
Right!!

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

A nice thought, but not a particularly good idea. A street in the city would be a more appropriate namesake. The airport's not even in San Francisco County. And then there are the perpetually confused and clueless tourists who will think we sold the naming rights to a dairy.
straight shooter

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

poor taste I agree...

but funny? it kinda was...
OJ Innocent

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Harry Callihan wrote:
Good ideas but I'd rather see it named after the most famous San Francisco native, and airport legend, Mr. Orenthal James Simpson. That man will always be more well known for running through airports than for anything else that he's ever done.

“... from a ...”

Since: Mar 09

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>That sounds like a load of trouble and expense to make a big change like that. Most major cities' airports are named after the city to make it more clear for travelers.
Possibly they could do what LA Airport did and name the International Terminal after Mayor Tom Bradley, or name a concourse or something like that for Harvey. Or, dual name the place San Francisco-Harvey Milk International.
LaGuardia? O'Hare? Kennedy?

Harvey deserves it. The tags will still be "SFO"
Harvey Milkdud

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

OJ Innocent wrote:
<quoted text>
Good ideas but I'd rather see it named after the most famous San Francisco native, and airport legend, Mr. Orenthal James Simpson. That man will always be more well known for running through airports than for anything else that he's ever done.
Excellent idea!!! "The Juice International Airport" would definitely become a world famous destination.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

straight shooter wrote:
poor taste I agree...
but funny? it kinda was...
No, it wasn't......it was just derogatory and not much else!!!
straight shooter

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it wasn't......it was just derogatory and not much else!!!
build a bridge and get over it...

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
build a bridge and get over it...
Sorry, but I'm not going to build a bridge and accept some lame azz joke from the likes of you who claim you aren't a bigot or homophobic, but then make a suck azz joke that others who are hateful bigot might/would have made........as for getting over it.....I did....you are the one trying to justify your behavior!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of33
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••