Gay Couple Beaten in Paris Attack

Gay Couple Beaten in Paris Attack

There are 16 comments on the EDGE story from Apr 9, 2013, titled Gay Couple Beaten in Paris Attack. In it, EDGE reports that:

As the country's Senate continues to debate marriage equality and gay adoption amid large marches both for and against them, a disturbing report has surfaced regarding two men who claim they were assaulted in Paris.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#1 Apr 9, 2013
DOWN WITH THE FRENCH !

Freedom Fries FOREVA !

:)
Tony

UK

#2 Apr 9, 2013
Way to go France!

I'm glad to see people fighting back against homosexuals!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3 Apr 9, 2013
See what the teachings of the churches ACTUALLY results in!

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#5 Apr 9, 2013
snyper wrote:
See what the teachings of the churches ACTUALLY results in!
I really don't think that the thugs that commit these crimes attend church regularly, nor are schooled all that much in theology.

Since: Apr 08

Cleveland, OH

#6 Apr 9, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't think that the thugs that commit these crimes attend church regularly, nor are schooled all that much in theology.
It would be nice, for a change, if the churches and religious leaders spoke out against treating others as lesser beings worthy of this sort of treatment.

I know, too much to hope for. And it contradicts the anti-gay message they are preaching already.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#7 Apr 9, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be nice, for a change, if the churches and religious leaders spoke out against treating others as lesser beings worthy of this sort of treatment.
I know, too much to hope for. And it contradicts the anti-gay message they are preaching already.
As you well know, not all Christian denominations, nor Christian leaders are anti-gay.
Ernie

Kansas City, MO

#8 Apr 9, 2013
Notice how whenever a queer is attacked they blame Christians. Where in the article does it mention the attackers religious beliefs?

Since: Apr 08

Cleveland, OH

#9 Apr 9, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
As you well know, not all Christian denominations, nor Christian leaders are anti-gay.
I know that of course. But I wish they would be more vocal about being supportive of LGBT people and condemn acts like this gay bashing.

Since: Apr 08

Cleveland, OH

#10 Apr 9, 2013
Ernie wrote:
Notice how whenever a queer is attacked they blame Christians. Where in the article does it mention the attackers religious beliefs?
The anti-gay, in France and everywhere else in the world, rely on religious arguments to push their agenda. And as we've been discussing the silence of the religious leaders in denouncing gaybashing is hard to miss.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#11 Apr 9, 2013
Ernie wrote:
Notice how whenever a queer is attacked they blame Christians. Where in the article does it mention the attackers religious beliefs?
Well, who else? A Jewish gang? Buddhists? The only other possible suspects would be angry Muslims, which are no better than angry Christians.

Either a homophobe is driven by his take on religion or his own fears. Neither one is particularly admirable.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#12 Apr 9, 2013
Ernie wrote:
Notice how whenever a queer is attacked they blame Christians. Where in the article does it mention the attackers religious beliefs?
I went to the original article in the Paris English news source. The main homophobes the biggest mouths against gay rights in France are members of Le Printemps Francais...a hard core royalist CATHOLIC organization, so you see...CHRISTIANS. Quelle suprise!

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#13 Apr 9, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
As you well know, not all Christian denominations, nor Christian leaders are anti-gay.
Yeah? Too many are, sadly.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#14 Apr 9, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
DOWN WITH THE FRENCH !
Freedom Fries FOREVA !
:)
You do know the beaten guys ARE French. I suppose you hate them also.

I'm actually surprised, for I thought them far more aware than a lot of Americans. I have been to Paris and it has quite a lively gay area..the The Marais. And this was about 1998, so they were actually ahead of the USA. I never felt threatened anywhere in Paris, either. Maybe I was being fool hardy, but it felt safe.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#15 Apr 9, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
The anti-gay, in France and everywhere else in the world, rely on religious arguments to push their agenda. And as we've been discussing the silence of the religious leaders in denouncing gaybashing is hard to miss.
The main villains are a right wing Catholic mob, Le Printemps Francais.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#17 Apr 9, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't think that the thugs that commit these crimes attend church regularly, nor are schooled all that much in theology.
The churches have been organizing mass demonstrations all over France.

Under these circumstances, I don't think that attending services or classes is necessary for these types to receive their "great commissions".

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#18 Apr 9, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
As you well know, not all Christian denominations, nor Christian leaders are anti-gay.
Then the French ones need to put down their knives and forks and get really noisy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 7 min Rose_NoHo 355
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 27 min Laughing Boi 69,500
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 35 min lides 24,002
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 37 min guest 694
News Louisville Video-Game Artist Brings LGBTQ Chara... 56 min Politically Incor... 4
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Rose_NoHo 44,075
News UNC president: Job candidates say no, citing ba... 2 hr Frogface Kate 25
News Trump's victory has unleashed a wave of same-se... 4 hr Holy Guacamole 10
More from around the web