Gay Couple Beaten in Paris Attack

Apr 9, 2013 Full story: EDGE 16

As the country's Senate continues to debate marriage equality and gay adoption amid large marches both for and against them, a disturbing report has surfaced regarding two men who claim they were assaulted in Paris.

Full Story

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#1 Apr 9, 2013
DOWN WITH THE FRENCH !

Freedom Fries FOREVA !

:)
Tony

UK

#2 Apr 9, 2013
Way to go France!

I'm glad to see people fighting back against homosexuals!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3 Apr 9, 2013
See what the teachings of the churches ACTUALLY results in!

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#5 Apr 9, 2013
snyper wrote:
See what the teachings of the churches ACTUALLY results in!
I really don't think that the thugs that commit these crimes attend church regularly, nor are schooled all that much in theology.

Since: Apr 08

Chagrin Falls, OH

#6 Apr 9, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't think that the thugs that commit these crimes attend church regularly, nor are schooled all that much in theology.
It would be nice, for a change, if the churches and religious leaders spoke out against treating others as lesser beings worthy of this sort of treatment.

I know, too much to hope for. And it contradicts the anti-gay message they are preaching already.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#7 Apr 9, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be nice, for a change, if the churches and religious leaders spoke out against treating others as lesser beings worthy of this sort of treatment.
I know, too much to hope for. And it contradicts the anti-gay message they are preaching already.
As you well know, not all Christian denominations, nor Christian leaders are anti-gay.
Ernie

Kansas City, MO

#8 Apr 9, 2013
Notice how whenever a queer is attacked they blame Christians. Where in the article does it mention the attackers religious beliefs?

Chagrin Falls, OH

#9 Apr 9, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
As you well know, not all Christian denominations, nor Christian leaders are anti-gay.
I know that of course. But I wish they would be more vocal about being supportive of LGBT people and condemn acts like this gay bashing.

Chagrin Falls, OH

#10 Apr 9, 2013
Ernie wrote:
Notice how whenever a queer is attacked they blame Christians. Where in the article does it mention the attackers religious beliefs?
The anti-gay, in France and everywhere else in the world, rely on religious arguments to push their agenda. And as we've been discussing the silence of the religious leaders in denouncing gaybashing is hard to miss.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#11 Apr 9, 2013
Ernie wrote:
Well, who else? A Jewish gang? Buddhists? The only other possible suspects would be angry Muslims, which are no better than angry Christians.

Either a homophobe is driven by his take on religion or his own fears. Neither one is particularly admirable.

Palm Springs, California

#12 Apr 9, 2013
Ernie wrote:
I went to the original article in the Paris English news source. The main homophobes the biggest mouths against gay rights in France are members of Le Printemps Francais...a hard core royalist CATHOLIC organization, so you see...CHRISTIANS. Quelle suprise!

Palm Springs, California

#13 Apr 9, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah? Too many are, sadly.

Palm Springs, California

#14 Apr 9, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
DOWN WITH THE FRENCH !
Freedom Fries FOREVA !
:)
You do know the beaten guys ARE French. I suppose you hate them also.

I'm actually surprised, for I thought them far more aware than a lot of Americans. I have been to Paris and it has quite a lively gay area..the The Marais. And this was about 1998, so they were actually ahead of the USA. I never felt threatened anywhere in Paris, either. Maybe I was being fool hardy, but it felt safe.

Palm Springs, California

#15 Apr 9, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
The anti-gay, in France and everywhere else in the world, rely on religious arguments to push their agenda. And as we've been discussing the silence of the religious leaders in denouncing gaybashing is hard to miss.
The main villains are a right wing Catholic mob, Le Printemps Francais.

Location hidden

#17 Apr 9, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
The churches have been organizing mass demonstrations all over France.

Under these circumstances, I don't think that attending services or classes is necessary for these types to receive their "great commissions".

Location hidden

#18 Apr 9, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Then the French ones need to put down their knives and forks and get really noisy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lockheed Martin ends Boy Scouts gifts over gay ban (Dec '13) 4 min Howard 156
Rabidly Anti-Gay Scott Lively Defends Bill Cosb... 6 min yep 92
Anti-gay hotel owners refuse to host another sa... 6 min Jesse 12
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 7 min DNF 29,666
Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 18 min WeTheSheeple 951
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 23 min Poof1 57,736
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 25 min Rick in Kansas 14,980
Officer in gay pride parade incident speaks out 8 hr DNF 31
More from around the web