Homosexual behavior due to genetics and environmental factors

Jun 28, 2008 Full story: www.sciencecodex.com 240

Homosexual behaviour is largely shaped by genetics and random environmental factors, according to findings from the world's largest study of twins.

Full Story
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
vickie

Columbus, OH

#1 Jun 30, 2008
I have thought this for years.
equalityboy81

United States

#2 Aug 31, 2008
We are born whatever our sexual orientation is.
Doubt it

United States

#3 Aug 31, 2008
Being gay is a choice you make. Quit blaming genetics just because you are to weak a human being to make a better choice.
equalityboy81

United States

#4 Aug 31, 2008
Doubt it wrote:
Being gay is a choice you make. Quit blaming genetics just because you are to weak a human being to make a better choice.
Can you prove that to me scientifically beyond a shadow of a doubt? What is your source? The Bible?! Did you wake up one day and say I choose to be straight? Who in their right mind would choose to be gay to deal with bigots like you? Science says a lot more to the contrary than your OPINION Dr. Doubt It.
Rep Kalihi 81-2002

Honolulu, HI

#6 Aug 31, 2008
I believe a large portion of gay men did so by choice.
Many of these men were recruited by other gay men, therefore choice was the factor.

There is supposively a difference in a normal man's brain compare with your gay men.
They claim that a section of the brain found in most gay men are larger.
They also claim, that this section of the brain is responsible for this gay mens behavior and why they prefer other men.

The question I would like to know is. Did that portion of the brain develope at birth?,
or did that develope over?
Is his way of thinking or behavior in anyway influence this section of the brain to over develope?

No differetn for a person with higher than normal IQ to develope a larger portion of his brain that resposible for his intellegent. Compare that to a men with an average IO, and you probably have an opposite result.

In a human body as often explained. That any part of the body used often can be enlarge in size.
For example, a right handed man will likely have a stronger if not slightly larger right hand.
Then why not the same for the brain.

What I am trying to say is. Did that portion of the brain enlarged because his way of life changed? or was he cursed with this defect at birth?
equalityboy81

United States

#7 Aug 31, 2008
Rep Kalihi 81-2002 wrote:
I believe a large portion of gay men did so by choice.
Many of these men were recruited by other gay men, therefore choice was the factor.
There is supposively a difference in a normal man's brain compare with your gay men.
They claim that a section of the brain found in most gay men are larger.
They also claim, that this section of the brain is responsible for this gay mens behavior and why they prefer other men.
The question I would like to know is. Did that portion of the brain develope at birth?,
or did that develope over?
Is his way of thinking or behavior in anyway influence this section of the brain to over develope?
No differetn for a person with higher than normal IQ to develope a larger portion of his brain that resposible for his intellegent. Compare that to a men with an average IO, and you probably have an opposite result.
In a human body as often explained. That any part of the body used often can be enlarge in size.
For example, a right handed man will likely have a stronger if not slightly larger right hand.
Then why not the same for the brain.
What I am trying to say is. Did that portion of the brain enlarged because his way of life changed? or was he cursed with this defect at birth?
I assume it's at birth. I knew I was gay since I could remember. I can't conceive why anyone would choose to be gay in a country with so much hostility to it as the U.S.
Rep Kalihi 81-2002

Honolulu, HI

#8 Aug 31, 2008
equalityboy81 wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume it's at birth. I knew I was gay since I could remember. I can't conceive why anyone would choose to be gay in a country with so much hostility to it as the U.S.
I won't agrue with you there. there are indeed men who are born gay, often obvious by their femininities.

There are also mens who were straight much of their life and later got recruited into the gay communities and would remaind so for the rest of his life.

There are other men who have jump side multiple times only to end up back where he started.. straight.

There are also men that are very feminine, yet shows no sign of homosexual. It's possible he does so in secret.

There are also men who participated in many arrays of sport in their earlier part of life, only to realise later they are no longer mens.

There are also men, who shows no sigh of femininities, however, has relationship with another men.

Conclusion: there are many reason to why mens are or became gay. Therefore, there are a large portion of these gay man who choosed to be gay.

Furtheremore, I have come across a comedian/gay man at work. He would openly jokes about why he loves men over girls. He said that guys know what to do when pleasing them selve, therefore, what better partners than another man. He said... no different from a lesbian.
He also mention.. he grew tired of the constant fight with his x wife and found that having the same interest and needs made for a better companion.
I am not sure how accurate that is, but that is what he said.

If he is indeed gay, than it was a choice for this gentleman without a doubt.

Since: Jul 08

Melbourne, Australia

#9 Sep 1, 2008
It's true, you're born with your sexuality.

I doubt it's learned behaviour, because being gay has no biological value. I think many people who 'become' gay actually start off thinking they like women because our culture always assumes people are het before they know they're gay.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#10 Sep 1, 2008
Rep Kalihi 81-2002 wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't agrue with you there. there are indeed men who are born gay, often obvious by their femininities.
There are also mens who were straight much of their life and later got recruited into the gay communities and would remaind so for the rest of his life.
There are other men who have jump side multiple times only to end up back where he started.. straight.
There are also men that are very feminine, yet shows no sign of homosexual. It's possible he does so in secret.
There are also men who participated in many arrays of sport in their earlier part of life, only to realise later they are no longer mens.
There are also men, who shows no sigh of femininities, however, has relationship with another men.
Conclusion: there are many reason to why mens are or became gay. Therefore, there are a large portion of these gay man who choosed to be gay.
Furtheremore, I have come across a comedian/gay man at work. He would openly jokes about why he loves men over girls. He said that guys know what to do when pleasing them selve, therefore, what better partners than another man. He said... no different from a lesbian.
He also mention.. he grew tired of the constant fight with his x wife and found that having the same interest and needs made for a better companion.
I am not sure how accurate that is, but that is what he said.
If he is indeed gay, than it was a choice for this gentleman without a doubt.
I'm afraid you're making quantum leaps of faith on uneducated guesses. I would suggest you find some legitimate sources and cite them before you state your unlearned opinions as facts.

“Protestant, Gay, Libertarian”

Since: Apr 08

Long Island, NY

#11 Sep 1, 2008
It's obviously genetics (like blue eyes (like i have) and other indelible characteristics.) I can remember starting to look at boys when I was in kindergarten.

PEACE !

:)

Since: May 08

Halifax, Canada

#12 Sep 1, 2008
Doubt it wrote:
Being gay is a choice you make. Quit blaming genetics just because you are to weak a human being to make a better choice.
Assuming you are straight, try this thought experiment: Imagine you've been offered ten million dollars to become gay. Not to mimic the behaviour of a gay person, but to honestly become attracted to your own sex. To no longer be interested in the opposite sex and only be capable of being aroused by your own gender. Be honest ... could you do it? I didn't think so ...

So why the hell do you think anyone else has the ability to "choose" their orientation?
equalityboy81

United States

#13 Sep 1, 2008
Rep Kalihi 81-2002 wrote:
I believe a large portion of gay men did so by choice.
Many of these men were recruited by other gay men, therefore choice was the factor.
There is supposively a difference in a normal man's brain compare with your gay men.
They claim that a section of the brain found in most gay men are larger.
They also claim, that this section of the brain is responsible for this gay mens behavior and why they prefer other men.
The question I would like to know is. Did that portion of the brain develope at birth?,
or did that develope over?
Is his way of thinking or behavior in anyway influence this section of the brain to over develope?
No differetn for a person with higher than normal IQ to develope a larger portion of his brain that resposible for his intellegent. Compare that to a men with an average IO, and you probably have an opposite result.
In a human body as often explained. That any part of the body used often can be enlarge in size.
For example, a right handed man will likely have a stronger if not slightly larger right hand.
Then why not the same for the brain.
What I am trying to say is. Did that portion of the brain enlarged because his way of life changed? or was he cursed with this defect at birth?
Actually, the majority of gay men are not feminine. Like you stated about the obvious ones being feminine, that's just it, they are the more obvious but they are the minority of that minority. Most gays guys act like any other guy, they just like other guys instead of girls.
Steve33uk

Leicester, UK

#14 Sep 1, 2008
There was a documentary on TV about this a few weeks back in the UK, A gay guy went for brain scans to show his brain activity whilst being shown pictures of sexy women and men. It showed his brain had more activity when looking at the men than the women. Other tests he went for were slightly less conclusive, but I am gay and I know what I feel when I see another cute guy, there is no changing it. I agree with the point of view of ZekeCDN above - you cant change the natural function of your brain, If you are gay, you are born that way, and if you 'choose' to be straight, you will not be doing yourself or your partner any good in the long run.
Many gay men try and block it out and marry, hoping it is a Phase they are going through, but are they really happy? and how long will it be before a divorce is on the cards?
If you are gay, make the most of it and don't hide it, the more we 'come out' the more it will be accepted as a normal deviation.
Regards
Doubt it

United States

#15 Sep 1, 2008
ParaTroo000 wrote:
It's true, you're born with your sexuality.
I doubt it's learned behaviour, because being gay has no biological value. I think many people who 'become' gay actually start off thinking they like women because our culture always assumes people are het before they know they're gay.
I think it has a lot to do with them being perverts and getting off on freakish behaviour. Same reason there are people in other fetishes that made really bad choices.
Doubt it

United States

#16 Sep 1, 2008
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm afraid you're making quantum leaps of faith on uneducated guesses. I would suggest you find some legitimate sources and cite them before you state your unlearned opinions as facts.
Dont bother Rep no matter what you show these freaks if it doesnt agree or support thier perverse lifestyle they will call it a lie and a fake and not reputable. I have posted many studies that show they are as I say and every time they say oh that person was discredited or thats not good science.. so dont waste your time on them nothing you can show will be good enough.
Doubt it

United States

#18 Sep 1, 2008
ZekeCDN wrote:
<quoted text>
Assuming you are straight, try this thought experiment: Imagine you've been offered ten million dollars to become gay. Not to mimic the behaviour of a gay person, but to honestly become attracted to your own sex. To no longer be interested in the opposite sex and only be capable of being aroused by your own gender. Be honest ... could you do it? I didn't think so ...
So why the hell do you think anyone else has the ability to "choose" their orientation?
because im not a pervert living a perverse life. I choose not to be a freak of nature ruining lives.
Doubt it

United States

#19 Sep 1, 2008
equalityboy81 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the majority of gay men are not feminine. Like you stated about the obvious ones being feminine, that's just it, they are the more obvious but they are the minority of that minority. Most gays guys act like any other guy, they just like other guys instead of girls.
Never seen any gay that was or acted normal. TO be gay is not normal so how can they act like something they are not
Doubt it

United States

#20 Sep 1, 2008
Steve33uk wrote:
There was a documentary on TV about this a few weeks back in the UK, A gay guy went for brain scans to show his brain activity whilst being shown pictures of sexy women and men. It showed his brain had more activity when looking at the men than the women. Other tests he went for were slightly less conclusive, but I am gay and I know what I feel when I see another cute guy, there is no changing it. I agree with the point of view of ZekeCDN above - you cant change the natural function of your brain, If you are gay, you are born that way, and if you 'choose' to be straight, you will not be doing yourself or your partner any good in the long run.
Many gay men try and block it out and marry, hoping it is a Phase they are going through, but are they really happy? and how long will it be before a divorce is on the cards?
If you are gay, make the most of it and don't hide it, the more we 'come out' the more it will be accepted as a normal deviation.
Regards
This is the kind of BS that alot gays put out and use to recruit kids. They tell them that they are supposed to get off on guy guy sex and try and reinforce a bad decision. I think its all a way for the gay man to not feel as bad about himself by getting others into what he is. for some perverse reason they think having more ruined lives supports thier own ruined life.

“Protestant, Gay, Libertarian”

Since: Apr 08

Long Island, NY

#21 Sep 1, 2008
Doubt it wrote:
<quoted text>there is nothing such as a christian gay anymore than there is a christian pedo or a christian rapeist.. going to church wont make you a christian you dont follow a christian path. and no I am not a christian nor do I go to church. BUt I can tell you that only freak relgions support gays and from what I have read god wouldnt support you ever in fact talked shit about you many times.
Since you're not a Christian, it's obvious from your rant that you have no idea what yo are talking about.

PEACE !

:)

“Just call me Das. ”

Since: Jul 07

United States

#23 Sep 1, 2008
Doubt it wrote:
<quoted text>because im not a pervert living a perverse life. I choose not to be a freak of nature ruining lives.
You contradict yourself.

We're not freaks of nature, but if we were, being a freak of nature wouldn't be a choice either. That's what the "of nature" part means in the phrase.
Doubt it wrote:
<quoted text>This is the kind of BS that alot gays put out and use to recruit kids. They tell them that they are supposed to get off on guy guy sex and try and reinforce a bad decision. I think its all a way for the gay man to not feel as bad about himself by getting others into what he is. for some perverse reason they think having more ruined lives supports thier own ruined life.
You contradict yourself.

If it were possible to recruit someone into a sexual orientation, then everyone would be straight, since we live in a culture that takes being straight for granted. And yet, gays exist.

So, you claim that there's recruitment going on, but you're operating from the presupposition that recruitment doesn't work.

Internal contradiction is an indication of mendacity, and we've already established the mendacity of your beliefs in another thread.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 4 min Reverend Alan 1,122
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 7 min lides 55,950
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 16 min KiMerde 49,868
Op-ed: Gay People Raising Kids Has Shifted From... 19 min Brother Buford 13
Man alleges sexual abuse as anti-gay 'conversion' 19 min Larry Craig s WC ... 34
Cardinal to lead St. Pat parade with 1st gay group 24 min Sherlayne 7
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 36 min lides 461
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 9 hr woodtick57 71
US judge upholds state same-sex marriage ban, r... 10 hr Frankie Rizzo 834
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••