Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 50,616

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Full Story
beers

Oswego, IL

#42407 Oct 1, 2013
This And That wrote:
<quoted text>What? Are you some kind of idiot to even entertain the thought that the world would be better off with out science? Penicillin,Heart transplants,any vaccine what so ever! Anti-viral drugs! On and on and on and on! Can you spell D-U-H,or even say D-U-H?
I'm just sayin science isn't perfect. But apparently you are.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#42408 Oct 1, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Documentation?
Would that change decades of clinical experience and research showing the relationship between parent and child is more important than any other variable including biology?
Your desire to dehumanize gay people doesn't change the fact all humans qualify for all human rights by virtue of being human, no matter how you choose to dehumanize them in your world.
Look up the paper co-published with the Regnerus Study.

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/
sandbox/2004/03/the_gay_scienc e.html

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#42409 Oct 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Christ on a Cracker; Regnerus is FOF's tool.

Get a life already, KiMerde.

Location hidden

#42410 Oct 1, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Christ on a Cracker; Regnerus is FOF's tool.
Get a life already, KiMerde.
I wasn't talking about Regnerus' study, which happens to be the latest, largest and most scientific study to date.

Lesbian couples came in last out of seven family types. AFTER single parents. Gay couples didn't even rate.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#42411 Oct 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't talking about Regnerus' study,
And yet you referenced the Regnerus study....

You're not the brightest light-bulb in the multi-pack, GDK.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#42412 Oct 1, 2013
"Regnerus himself concludes that “I am thus not suggesting that growing up with a lesbian mother or gay father causes suboptimal outcomes because of the sexual orientation or sexual behavior of the parent.”

In sum, by conflating (1) children raised by same-sex parents with (2) individuals who reportedly had a parent who had “a romantic relationship with someone of the same sex,” and referring to such individuals as children of “lesbian mothers” or “gay fathers,” the Regnerus study obscures the fact that it did not specifically examine children raised by two same-sex parents. Accordingly, it cannot speak to the impact of same-sex parenting on child outcomes."

American Sociological Association

Location hidden

#42413 Oct 2, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you referenced the Regnerus study....
You're not the brightest light-bulb in the multi-pack, GDK.
I said it was 'co-published' with the Regnerus study.

Look it up if you can.

Location hidden

#42414 Oct 2, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
"Regnerus himself concludes that “I am thus not suggesting that growing up with a lesbian mother or gay father causes suboptimal outcomes because of the sexual orientation or sexual behavior of the parent.”
In sum, by conflating (1) children raised by same-sex parents with (2) individuals who reportedly had a parent who had “a romantic relationship with someone of the same sex,” and referring to such individuals as children of “lesbian mothers” or “gay fathers,” the Regnerus study obscures the fact that it did not specifically examine children raised by two same-sex parents. Accordingly, it cannot speak to the impact of same-sex parenting on child outcomes."
American Sociological Association
1. Because the study did not focus on causation, it focused on end results.

2. Regnerus had trouble finding long term ss relationships using the same method he did for all other family types. Even by dumbing down the method, he STILL had trouble finding gay couples! This problem is not limited to Regnerus. There is YET to be a study of gay parenting. All the purported ones are lesbian.

The bottom line, the latest, largest and most scientific study to date is the Regnerus Study.

I still have an unanswered challenge. Provide me a study of ss couple parenting WITH THE STUDY METHODS INCLUDED.

Lets see who's study is legit.

Smile.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#42415 Oct 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
2. Regnerus had trouble finding long term ss relationships using the same method he did for all other family types..........
LOL. So, the cause of the outcomes is not important? So how can one then apply the results in a sensible and logical manner? Geesh.

And if Regnerus had trouble looking for long term gay couples raising kids, he wasn't looking very hard. There are dozens in my church alone, and I live in one of the most conservative areas you can imagine.

No, he had no interest in comparing straight couples to gay couples, and their ability to raise children. That was not what the study was about, even if folks like you try to twist it that way. At it takes some serious twisting.

Just look at the peer reviews. This "study" was trashed. And for good reason.

Try again.

Location hidden

#42416 Oct 2, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. So, the cause of the outcomes is not important? So how can one then apply the results in a sensible and logical manner? Geesh.
And if Regnerus had trouble looking for long term gay couples raising kids, he wasn't looking very hard. There are dozens in my church alone, and I live in one of the most conservative areas you can imagine.
No, he had no interest in comparing straight couples to gay couples, and their ability to raise children. That was not what the study was about, even if folks like you try to twist it that way. At it takes some serious twisting.
Just look at the peer reviews. This "study" was trashed. And for good reason.
Try again.
Of course the cause is important. But every study is limited in its scope. This is why having the parameters of a study available is essential for evaluation.

This study was assaulted, while ignoring and using truely biased and unscientific studies.

Give me one counter study with methods.

You try again.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#42417 Oct 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

This study was assaulted...
The Regnerus study was assaulted (funny choice of words) for good reason.

Regenerus was a paid tool by Focus on the Family. Do you think he had any option but to come up with a result that they sought?
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#42418 Oct 2, 2013
So...scientifically speaking...you only believe studies that back your BELIEFS.
And that's OK...just be honest about it.
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Regenerus was a paid tool by Focus on the Family. Do you think he had any option but to come up with a result that they sought?

“"Not all who wander are lost."”

Since: Mar 10

freshroast666@gmail.com

#42419 Oct 2, 2013

Location hidden

#42420 Oct 2, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, no it wasn't.

Give me a gay study with methods posted.

Smirk.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#42421 Oct 2, 2013
CDC wrote:
Thanks for showing us all what fraud you are.
<quoted text>
From your posts, it's obvious that you can't tell the difference.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#42422 Oct 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently, you know NOTHING about science and research methods, or you would KNOW that the Regnerus "study" is pure crap. Any first year statistics student could discern his errors.

I can't believe people still bring up that bogus study. It just goes to show how uneducated and stupid homophobes are.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#42423 Oct 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't talking about Regnerus' study, which happens to be the latest, largest and most scientific study to date.
Lesbian couples came in last out of seven family types. AFTER single parents. Gay couples didn't even rate.
See? You are CLUELESS when it comes to science.

Exactly how could Regnerus draw conclusions about lesbian couples if he didn't study any? Dumbass.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#42424 Oct 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
2. Regnerus had trouble finding long term ss relationships using the same method he did for all other family types. Even by dumbing down the method, he STILL had trouble finding gay couples! This problem is not limited to Regnerus. There is YET to be a study of gay parenting. All the purported ones are lesbian.
The bottom line, the latest, largest and most scientific study to date is the Regnerus Study.
I still have an unanswered challenge. Provide me a study of ss couple parenting WITH THE STUDY METHODS INCLUDED.
Lets see who's study is legit.
Smile.
If you had ANY education at all, you would already know the answer.

In an explosive interview published by the Southern Poverty Law Center, Darren Sherkat -- a member of the editorial board of the journal Social Science Research, which published Mark Regnerus's disgraced "study" claiming that gays and lesbians make inferior parents -- once again eviscerated the study as "deeply flawed" and its author as "disgraced." Sherkat, who is also a professor of sociology at Southern Illinois University, was appointed by Social Science Research editor James Wright to conduct an audit of the process by which Regnerus's study was reviewed and approved for publication.

Speaking to the SPLC's Evelyn Schlatter, he remarked,

When we talk about Regnerus, I completely dismiss the study. It's over. He has been disgraced. All of the prominent people in the field know what he did and why he did it. And most of them know that he knew better. Some of them think that he's also stupid and an ideologue. I know better. I know that he's a smart guy and that he did this on purpose, and that it was bad, and that it was substandard.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#42425 Oct 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, no it wasn't.
Um.... yes it was. The documents are described here:

http://www.back2stonewall.com/2013/03/regneru...

Location hidden

#42426 Oct 2, 2013
Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>If you had ANY education at all, you would already know the answer.
In an explosive interview published by the Southern Poverty Law Center, Darren Sherkat -- a member of the editorial board of the journal Social Science Research, which published Mark Regnerus's disgraced "study" claiming that gays and lesbians make inferior parents -- once again eviscerated the study as "deeply flawed" and its author as "disgraced." Sherkat, who is also a professor of sociology at Southern Illinois University, was appointed by Social Science Research editor James Wright to conduct an audit of the process by which Regnerus's study was reviewed and approved for publication.
Speaking to the SPLC's Evelyn Schlatter, he remarked,

When we talk about Regnerus, I completely dismiss the study. It's over. He has been disgraced. All of the prominent people in the field know what he did and why he did it. And most of them know that he knew better. Some of them think that he's also stupid and an ideologue. I know better. I know that he's a smart guy and that he did this on purpose, and that it was bad, and that it was substandard.
Regnerus had a peer study conducted to address six charges brought by a gay blogger. He was exonerated of all charges.

Focus on the Family did not fund the study.

Your hateful gay sources are rejected.

Look up the Slate articles about the study.

Where is the lesbian study with methods? Having trouble?

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shayne Looper: Whatever happened to tolerance o... 3 min JohnInToronto 10
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 21 min homohypocrites 1,539
Transgender federal employee wins historic disc... 35 min TerryE 1
Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) 40 min kent 219,481
Hitching Post wedding chapel sues over gay marr... 1 hr NE Jade 17
Christian Pastors Given Choice: Perform Same-Se... 1 hr Poof1 162
GOP leader: NC officials can refuse to marry gays 1 hr Quest 39
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 8 hr Frankie Rizzo 3,106

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE