Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments (Page 1,789)

Showing posts 35,761 - 35,780 of47,034
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41744
Aug 25, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Most gay men and women are not infected with any disease.

Gay women are the lowest risk group, far behind heterosexual women and men.

Disease transmission information has always been used to demonize and dehumanize populations targeted for punishment. It was used to justify inter-racial segregation, dehumanize enemies during times of war, and continues to be used here today, despite the fact straight folks become infected with all of the same diseases, and even more straight people do all of the same things gay people do, while not all gay people do what you may imagine.

But more fundamentally, we don't deny equal rights based on disease. Because there are some who would like to do that, we have even hat to pass laws protecting people with diseases, birth defects, etc, from discrimination.

Disease transmission information demonstrates the importance of encouraging committed monogamous relationships through marriage.

It also demonstrates the importance of comprehensive education about disease transmission and risk reduction.

It fails as an excuse for denial of equal fundamental rights.

Because it provides no legitimate governmental interest, it is nothing more than an attempt to demonize, dehumanize, and rationalize harming others needlessly.
cannot be obtained

Danville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41746
Aug 25, 2013
 

Judged:

9

9

9

Not Yet Equal wrote:
...
You're username implies that there is possiblility of being "equal", when you are not. One cannot legislate equality when there is no possible way to obtain it.
cannot be obtained

Danville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41747
Aug 25, 2013
 

Judged:

9

9

9

Bradley Manning is not a woman - and never can be - it is IMPOSSIBLE!

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Feb 13

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41748
Aug 25, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

cannot be obtained wrote:
<quoted text>
You're username implies that there is possiblility of being "equal", when you are not. One cannot legislate equality when there is no possible way to obtain it.
"Your" post indicates that "you're" too stupid to know the difference between "your" and "you're".

Clearly, you can't possibly be equal to us.
cannot be obtained

Danville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41749
Aug 25, 2013
 

Judged:

9

9

9

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
"Your" post indicates that "you're" too stupid to know the difference between "your" and "you're".
Clearly, you can't possibly be equal to us.
It was an autocorrect on the smart phone there rump ranger.
giveuthetruth

Mount Vernon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41751
Aug 25, 2013
 

Judged:

10

9

9

Sparkle wrote:
<quoted text>Oh maybe you didn't get the memo fucktard WE WON..
NEXT
Only thing you won f nut ,Was a trip to hell with the devil inside you ass.lol

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Feb 13

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41752
Aug 25, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

cannot be obtained wrote:
<quoted text>
It was an autocorrect on the smart phone there rump ranger.
Excellent recovery, box muncher.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41753
Aug 25, 2013
 

Judged:

9

9

9

Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Looks like someone missed the fact Prop 8 has been working its way through the courts, and was recently rejected by the Supreme Court because those opposed couldn't show that they were harmed by it. Both sides submitted briefs, and those supporting prop 8 relied heavily on the discredited Regnerus "study" in their briefs. That quote again: " The American Sociological Association’s Supreme Court brief "destroys claims made that same-sex households are inferior when it comes to raising children, which is a major argument for those pushing Prop 8. The ASA especially calls out the Mark Regnerus study, which is the recent controversial study claiming children raised in same-sex households suffer adverse effects. Supporters of Prop 8 made this study a huge part of their arguments in spite of fact that it has been discredited."
2. You have nothing to support your claim. Research shows children of same sex couples do just as well as those of opposite sex couples. Children at most risk are those who are not wanted by the new partner of the existing parent.
3. This again, is your own personal prejudice, not a reflection of reality.
4. Again, your own personal prejudice. Having opposite sex parents results in emotional and physical abuse to the point of murder for far too many children every day as the records of child protective services demonstrate. The determining factor for success is the relationship between the parent and child, not the gender of the parent.
(Hawaii Supreme Court testimony:) Dr Eggebeen (witness against marriage equality) also conceded that "gay and lesbian couples can , and do, make excellent parents" "that they are capable of raising a healthy child", and "that children of same sex couples would be helped if their families had access to or were able to receive benefits of marriage".
Dr. Charlotte Patterson: there was "no data or research which establishes that gay fathers and lesbian mothers are less capable of being good parents than non-gay people.
Dr. David Brodzinsky: The issue is not the structural variable, biological versus nonbiological, one parent versus two parent. The issue is really the process variables, how children are cared for, is the child provided warmth, it the child provided consistency of care, is the child provided a stimulated environment, is the e child given support.... and when you take a look at structural variables, there's not all that much support that structural variable in and of themselves are all that important.
Dr. Pepper Shwartz: "the primary quality of parenting is not the parenting structure, or biology, but is the nurturing relationship between parent and child."
More of the PC bias.

Studies consistently show biological parents statistically provide the best outcomes for children BY FAR.

Moreover, the lesbian studies (their are no gay couple study comparisons), have been shown to be bias and unscientific.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Feb 13

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41754
Aug 25, 2013
 

Judged:

9

8

8

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
More of the PC bias.
Studies consistently show biological parents statistically provide the best outcomes for children BY FAR.
Moreover, the lesbian studies (their are no gay couple study comparisons), have been shown to be bias <sic> and unscientific.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, you'd much rather have children in an orphanage or foster home than with a loving gay family. That's because you don't really give a crap about kids. You're more interested in denigrating gay families.

Troll on, KIMERDE.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41755
Aug 25, 2013
 

Judged:

13

13

13

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, yeah, yeah, you'd much rather have children in an orphanage or foster home than with a loving gay family. That's because you don't really give a crap about kids. You're more interested in denigrating gay families.
Troll on, KIMERDE.
A lie imbedded in a whine.

I'd rather have children with their mother and father. If that isn't possible, I'd rather have them with a substitute mother and father, the way nature designed.

You would deprive a child of that so you can fabricate a fake family for a fraudulent marriage.

Sad and sick.
youaidslover

Mount Vernon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41756
Aug 25, 2013
 

Judged:

14

14

14

Sparkle wrote:
<quoted text>Ummmmmm the supreme court ruled in favor of gay marriage.... maybe you missed that
You must be to busy today with your Johnson bar's stuck up your lover's brown eye. When you get done they can stick it in your mouth to get the shit stains off of it !

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Feb 13

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41757
Aug 25, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
A lie imbedded in a whine.
I'd rather have children with their mother and father. If that isn't possible, I'd rather have them with a substitute mother and father, the way nature designed.
You would deprive a child of that so you can fabricate a fake family for a fraudulent marriage.
Sad and sick.
Again, you'd rather have them in foster care or orphanages than with a loving gay family. It's ok, just admit to it.

Troll on, Kimerde.
blast

Micronesia, Federated States of

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41758
Aug 25, 2013
 

Judged:

13

13

13

Not Yet Equal wrote:
"There are about twenty references to the story of Sodom in the Bible, and none of them says homosexuality was the sin of Sodom. One of the most extensive references to Sodom is found in Ezekiel, which says,“This was the guilt of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy. They were haughty and did abominable things before me; therefore I removed them when I saw it.”(Ezekiel 16:49-50 (See note 5.)) It is clear from this passage (and others like it (See note 6.)) that the abomination of Sodom, according to the Old Testament prophets, was that they behaved with callous indifference toward the weak and vulnerable — the poor, orphans, widows, and strangers in their midst." http://www.wouldjesusdiscriminate.org/biblica...
The point of Sodom was that you should love others, not abuse them. It was about harming them instead of treating them the way you want to be treated. It was about how you treat "the stranger at the gate." It had nothing to do with loving same sex relationships based on mutual respect and love between adults.
"Jesus and five Old Testament prophets all speak of the sins that led to the destruction of Sodom -- and not one of them mentions homosexuality. Even Billy Graham doesn't mention homosexuality when he preaches on Sodom."
"Ezekiel 16:48-49 tell us: "This is the sin of Sodom; she and her suburbs had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not help or encourage the poor and needy. They were arrogant and this was abominable in God's eyes."
"It was common for soldiers, thieves, and bullies to rape a fallen enemy, asserting their victory by dehumanizing and demeaning the vanquished. This act of raping an enemy is about power and revenge,"
And it still happens today, most notoriously in prisons. It is not about love. It is about power, control, domination, and abuse. Rape is not love.
"The sexual act that occurs in the story of Sodom is a gang rape -- and homosexuals oppose gang rape as much as anyone. That's why I believe the story of Sodom says a lot about God's will for each of us, but nothing about homosexuality as we understand it today." ( quotes from: What the Bible says - and doesn't say - about Homosexuality)
Even the English versions of this story demonstrate there was nothing that can be honestly used to condemn gay people. Many other explanations including the Jewish versions of the this story agree the message is that you should not harm others but instead, treat them with love.
"In Sodom every one who gave bread and water to the poor was condemned to death by fire (Yal&#7731;., Gen. 83). Two girls, one poor and the other rich, went to a well; and the former gave the latter her jug of water, receiving in return a vessel containing bread. When this became known, both were burned alive."
http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/13827-...
So when you see verses that refer to Sodomites, they are addressing those who harm others needlessly, not same sex relationships based on mutual love and respect.
And yet many are quick to claim Jesus condemned same sex relationships and use that assumption to justify causing suffering and death in His name, even though it wasn't spoken of by Jesus.
Clearly you have not read the Bible sir or madam. It is homosexuality that God destroy Sodom and Gomorrah. Even when the angels came to assist Lot to leave Sodom, the man there wanted the angels, they wanted to make love with them. See how messed up that is. God made Adam and Eve, NOT Adam and Steve. God made Man and Woman to marry and replenish the world. Imagine if he said Man can be with Man and Woman with woman. Are we even having these discussions in this forum? No not all, because same sex can't make babies. And because of that, I don't think have the chance of being born to this world.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41759
Aug 25, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

blast wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly you have not read the Bible sir or madam. It is homosexuality that God destroy Sodom and Gomorrah. Even when the angels came to assist Lot to leave Sodom, the man there wanted the angels, they wanted to make love with them. See how messed up that is. God made Adam and Eve, NOT Adam and Steve. God made Man and Woman to marry and replenish the world. Imagine if he said Man can be with Man and Woman with woman. Are we even having these discussions in this forum? No not all, because same sex can't make babies. And because of that, I don't think have the chance of being born to this world.
While clear you have not read the bible you use to bash others, you also amazingly, don't know the difference between making love and gang rape. Rape is not love. Rape has nothing to do with relationships based on mutual love and respect.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41760
Aug 25, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
A lie imbedded in a whine.
I'd rather have children with their mother and father. If that isn't possible, I'd rather have them with a substitute mother and father, the way nature designed.
You would deprive a child of that so you can fabricate a fake family for a fraudulent marriage.
Sad and sick.
More irrational prejudice, ignoring reality. Again, the documentation show having opposite sex parents is no guarantee of survival, let alone having parents who want and care about the child.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41761
Aug 26, 2013
 

Judged:

12

12

11

Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, the documentation show having opposite sex parents is no guarantee of survival, let alone having parents who want and care about the child.
A point blank lie.

There is NO legitimate study that doesn't show a dramatic drop in child welfare in ANY default family as opposed to the natural family.

This is even after studies show that adopted parents invest MORE than birth parents in the child. The result? Adopted children fare worse. It blows your claim out of the water!

But to top that idiotic claim off, you want intelligent people to believe that depriving a child of one parent gender WON'T MAKE A NEGATIVE DIFFERENCE!

More irrational prejudice, ignoring reality.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41762
Aug 26, 2013
 

Judged:

13

13

13

Good one NYE!
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
More irrational prejudice, ignoring reality. Again, the documentation show having opposite sex parents is no guarantee of survival, let alone having parents who want and care about the child.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41763
Aug 26, 2013
 

Judged:

9

8

8

CDC wrote:
Good one NYE!
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, ki's deep seated prejudice requires and results in denial of reality.

"Unfortunately, many people are not aware of the three decades of research showing that children of gay or lesbian parents are just as mentally healthy as children with heterosexual parents, notes Cerbone.

Children of gay and lesbian parents reported closer ties with their schools and classmates.

Patterson's and others' findings that good parenting, not a parent's sexual orientation, leads to mentally healthy children may not surprise many psychologists. What may be more surprising is the finding that children of same-sex couples seem to be thriving, though they live in a world that is often unaccepting of their parents."

http://www.apa.org/monitor/dec05/kids.aspx

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41764
Aug 26, 2013
 

Judged:

12

12

12

Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, ki's deep seated prejudice requires and results in denial of reality.
"Unfortunately, many people are not aware of the three decades of research showing that children of gay or lesbian parents are just as mentally healthy as children with heterosexual parents, notes Cerbone.
Children of gay and lesbian parents reported closer ties with their schools and classmates.
Patterson's and others' findings that good parenting, not a parent's sexual orientation, leads to mentally healthy children may not surprise many psychologists. What may be more surprising is the finding that children of same-sex couples seem to be thriving, though they live in a world that is often unaccepting of their parents."
http://www.apa.org/monitor/dec05/kids.aspx
Please post the survey make up and study methods.

Smile.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41765
Aug 26, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
A point blank lie.
There is NO legitimate study that doesn't show a dramatic drop in child welfare in ANY default family as opposed to the natural family.
This is even after studies show that adopted parents invest MORE than birth parents in the child. The result? Adopted children fare worse. It blows your claim out of the water!
But to top that idiotic claim off, you want intelligent people to believe that depriving a child of one parent gender WON'T MAKE A NEGATIVE DIFFERENCE!
More irrational prejudice, ignoring reality.
Your premise is flawed. Adopted children are not deprived of one parent when adopted by a same sex couple. They are afforded two, rather than none. When you can convince the government that all children of single parents must be taken away and placed in the home of two opposite sex parents, you will have an argument. Until then, your personal prejudice ignores reality.

Further, I have documented my assertions, while yours are simply expressions of your personal prejudice which ignores reality as well as over 30 years of research.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 35,761 - 35,780 of47,034
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••