Ryan Reynolds on Homophobia, the Clos...

Ryan Reynolds on Homophobia, the Closet, and Gay Rumors

There are 67 comments on the Towleroad story from Aug 10, 2007, titled Ryan Reynolds on Homophobia, the Closet, and Gay Rumors. In it, Towleroad reports that:

Ryan Reynolds gives a great interview to gay filmmaker John August in the forthcoming issue of The Advocate .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Towleroad.

Pleasure Beach Lover

Trumbull, CT

#24 Jun 8, 2011
Rainer wrote:
He is not gay. When he and Alanis split, she had a terrible breakdown. She wrote a song for him, called 'Torch'. Check it up or read the lyrics. My radar never fails. He is NOT gay.
Wasn't "Not As We" also about the breakup with him?
Tornader

United States

#25 Jun 11, 2011
Ryan is very cute....I am sorry but he is totally gay! Anyone who would marry that thing Alanis would turn instantly gay anyway! He gay!
Tornader

United States

#26 Jun 12, 2011
lawrence wrote:
Ryan Reynold is totally gay but career obsessed to the point that he married his good friend Scarlett Johanson to look straight. I worked with Ryan when he first arrived in Hollywood from Canada and he was always in love with another guy. Some of his best acting is acting straight. When he's not "on" he's as gay as gay should be.
What you said is interesting, but what did you mean by "he was always in love with another guy"? You see him kissing guys or what? How did you come 2 the conclusion that he was always in love with another guy? Did the Tabloids pick up on that?
Lorna Vunt

Ireland

#27 Jun 18, 2011
Rainer, the clue is in the title of the song. Think about it. 'Torch'.
Tyson

Philadelphia, PA

#28 Jun 20, 2011
When are all of you idiots going to realize that most males in the creative arts field are gay? We (gay men) are usually pretty intelligent and have a gift for creativity abs invention. If it wasn't for us, half you miserable women wouldn't have anyone to slober over since you have to date and marry straight men. It is an established fact that women crave men who look, act, and are as creative as gay men, but fuck like straight ones in the bedroom. Sorry ladies , you'll have to settle for your dumb, sports loving, beer drinking , farting jocks. Leave us alone and just enjoy the entertainment.
VegasDude

Henderson, NV

#29 Jul 3, 2011
Pleasure Beach Lover wrote:
<quoted text>
He also was engaged to Alanis Morissette. They were together for 5 years.
So much for him being gay.
Uhm... Isnt Alanis a Lesbian? HELLO !!!!!!!!!!
Only James

Bladenboro, NC

#31 Aug 5, 2011
Alan wrote:
Every time I hear Ryan Reynolds speak, he comes across as a queen. I just can't believe he can portray a straight character convincingly and he's not that great of an actor either. He's not the first celebrity to have an arranged marriage and he won't be the last.
I totally agree with you. He sounds like a queen, he looks like a queen, he walks like a queen; HE'S A QUEEN!!!!
Arhianrod

Astoria, NY

#32 Nov 6, 2011
I don't care if he's gay or straight as long as he admits his sexuality and has self pride. Hell I'm bi but I'm married to a man. So there's no shame in being gay , lesbian , bi or transgender. Even straight peeps should be unashamed of being hetero.
marccus

Vancouver, Canada

#33 Nov 6, 2011
who the hell cares if he is or is not, how is it effecting ur life in anyway shape or form?

“Devoted & Happily In Love”

Since: Oct 11

Tazewell

#34 Nov 7, 2011
Just because a man is married for 5 years doesn't mean their "straight". My fiance', who came out "openly gay" was married for 7 years and has 3 kids.

People think that if a man is "single" and never marries, or doesn't have girlfriends their "gay". Truth be told, most gay men marry to keep it in the closet to protect themselves from the discrimination, hate, prejudice, bashing, hate crimes, and possible disowning by parents and family members.

I know TONS of gay and bisexual married men who are NOT out to their wives, friends, families. They keep it on the DL. And not all gay men are "queens". When people see me and my fiance'- we're getting married in May- see us in public they never suspect that we're gay because we don't fit the ignorant, bigoted, bias stereotypes that "straight" people use to "try" and know us or "figure" out whose the gay one and whose the straight one.

And btw, there's no such thing as "straight acting" or "gay acting". Why act? Be yourself.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#35 Nov 7, 2011
Mr. Reynolds doesn't trigger my gayday.

He is definitely eye candy, though.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#36 Nov 7, 2011
who dug up this old thread? 4 yrs ago! LOL
Spectre

Saylorsburg, PA

#37 Nov 7, 2011
Imprtnrd wrote:
who dug up this old thread? 4 yrs ago! LOL
Who the hell dug up you?

Location hidden

#38 Nov 7, 2011
snyper wrote:
Mr. Reynolds doesn't trigger my gayday.
He is definitely eye candy, though.
I suspect somebody who thought he looked cute in his "Green Lantern" CGI makeover suit.

Poor Mr. Reynolds.

"It isn't easy being green."
Marcus BackMan

Bethlehem, PA

#39 Nov 7, 2011
He triggers my gaydar as bi, but you never know - some heterosexuals just seem a bit effeminate. Not that there's anything wrong with that....

Location hidden

#40 Nov 8, 2011
Marcus BackMan wrote:
He triggers my gaydar as bi, but you never know - some heterosexuals just seem a bit effeminate. Not that there's anything wrong with that....
He's got strong traces of the Southern California accent which is a mix of gay, surfer and valley girl. That's probably what's confused your gaydar.
Cain Caint Remember

Bethlehem, PA

#41 Nov 8, 2011
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
He's got strong traces of the Southern California accent which is a mix of gay, surfer and valley girl. That's probably what's confused your gaydar.
I see no evidence my gaydar is confused here.

Location hidden

#42 Nov 9, 2011
Cain Caint Remember wrote:
<quoted text>
I see no evidence my gaydar is confused here.
Mine reads a negative.

He's still really cute.
Cain s Sugahcane

Bethlehem, PA

#43 Nov 9, 2011
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine reads a negative.
He's still really cute.
Of course, just as a reality check, I posted my gaydar reads him as bi, not gay.

Location hidden

#44 Nov 10, 2011
I know. It's still up there, plain as day. lol

I posted that it's the SoCali accent that's throwing you off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay wedding cake at center of Colorado Appeals ... 2 min Wondering 815
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 2 min NorCal Native 1,705
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 19 min Respect71 24,085
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 27 min NorCal Native 8,091
News Religious liberty is rallying cry after gay mar... 32 min nhjeff 451
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 56 min CDC 52,064
News Orthodox Jewish man stabs 6 gay pride marchers ... 1 hr Imprtnrd 8
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 1 hr NorCal Native 1,171
More from around the web