Being Transgender Is No Longer a Disorder

Dec 3, 2012 Full story: Slate Magazine 208

A transsexual person displays a poster with the picture of a transsexual person who was murdered in Uruguay.

Full Story
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

#28 Dec 5, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
It took you that long to realize that they have been wrong all this time? At least you finally caught up in one aspect of the fallacy that is psychiatry. Psychology has always stated that homosexuality is neither a disorder, nor is it something that can be penned as psychological, that's why the geneticists are studying the phenomenon now. Actually, according to real science, even a psychopath is not "insane" nor inherently a danger to society, they just have to be placed in a role that is more in tune with their brain's logic system instead of being forced into roles which oppose it.
In other words, you're still an idiot.
"even a psychopath is not "insane" nor inherently a danger to society, they just have to be placed in a role that is more in tune with their brain's logic system instead of being forced into roles which oppose it."
I see what you are saying, lets turn all the psychopaths loose and train them to become psychiatrists.
Kitten, a shink could have a field day with you.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#29 Dec 5, 2012
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
"even a psychopath is not "insane" nor inherently a danger to society, they just have to be placed in a role that is more in tune with their brain's logic system instead of being forced into roles which oppose it."
I see what you are saying, lets turn all the psychopaths loose and train them to become psychiatrists.
Kitten, a shink could have a field day with you.
Most people diagnosed by psychiatrists are diagnosed wrong. Dangerous people are dangerous regardless of how they think, that's science, psychiatry is not science. Psychiatry takes stereotypes based on personal feeling of the "medical" practitioners and applies them as if they are actually relevant or based on evidence, when evidence often contradicts their assertions.

I drive psychiatrists insane, it's a hobby I guess. I do so because I can prove them wrong more often than not, being a mild sociopath offers that sort of insight and capability. You should be careful with who you side, because you are siding with the psychiatrists who are known for allowing dangerous people to cause more harm, and for mislabeling those who actually benefit society as dangerous. How many gay people have actually killed because they are gay? The answer is none. How many christians have killed for because they're christian? Quite a lot.
Vaccines Transgender

Winnipeg, Canada

#30 Dec 5, 2012
friend wrote:
Transgender should never had been on the DSM to begin with. It's generally not a debilitating disability which would cause distress in daily living other than what others around them impose on that person. An example of those other people would be not knowing the difference beween transgender and transexual, and those who relate childhood vaccines to it.
The should be a DSM disorder listing for those people, for it appears those who cause distress to others, making statements when clearly they have no idea the definition, and make claims of cause obviously are the ones in need some 'help' It's those people who siffer from daily debilitating fear of what they refuse to understand.
No they don't SIFFER. To say transgenderism has no affect on daily living is ludicrous. To think a transgendered person does not struggle with this issue shows friend is short sighted and a few other derogatory things. To criticize a plausible explanation shows friend is a naysayer, dogmatic, and insensitive. It must suck to be her, because she just sounds like a terrible person.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#31 Dec 5, 2012
Vaccines Transgender wrote:
<quoted text>No they don't SIFFER. To say transgenderism has no affect on daily living is ludicrous. To think a transgendered person does not struggle with this issue shows friend is short sighted and a few other derogatory things. To criticize a plausible explanation shows friend is a naysayer, dogmatic, and insensitive. It must suck to be her, because she just sounds like a terrible person.
Actually, it doesn't have an effect on daily life, not inherently. It's not the transgendered people being transgendered that causes the problems, it's the people around them who are complete idiots that cause the real problems. Tattoos were once taboo, in some cultures, and people who had them suffered for it, even if it was because of religious reasons. They suffered a ton of abuse, a lot of social stigma, and often fell into depression or "rebelled" by behaving in detrimental ways. Now we see them as no more than jewelry, specifically in the US, and now lots of people have them, and no one suffers from them inherently, that is ignoring all the poorly maintained shops and such which often spread disease or worse due to bad business practices. But instead of shunning them, we now accept them, and the people who have tattoos are no longer suffering. The same would happen if people stopped oppressing the transgendered folks and learned to just let them be who, and what, they are. It's people who want them to suffer that make them suffer.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#32 Dec 5, 2012
The only one who is short-sighted and derogatory is the only one here to even think an explanation to why someone is transgender has anything to do with vaccines and it's that naysayer, that dogmatic, and that insensitive person who yet again inflicts vaccines into a topic of which it has nothing to do with.
Duh Moment

Winnipeg, Canada

#33 Dec 5, 2012
friend wrote:
The only one who is short-sighted and derogatory is the only one here to even think an explanation to why someone is transgender has anything to do with vaccines and it's that naysayer, that dogmatic, and that insensitive person who yet again inflicts vaccines into a topic of which it has nothing to do with.
Argue all you want, it isn't evidence.
Mercury causes homosexuality in male Ibises http://www.nature.com/news/2011/101201/full/n...
http://www.safeminds.org/mercury/biological-p...
http://www.huffintonpost.com/deidre-imas/coul... ANYONE can search vaccines and endocrine disruption, or aluminum, mercury or formaldehyde and endocrine disruption. ONLY friend can't. Instead she'll blah blah a bunch of nonsense off the top of her head and call it proof.
Duh Moment

Winnipeg, Canada

#34 Dec 5, 2012

“Even an Ice Princess can melt.”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#35 Dec 5, 2012
Vaccines Transgenderism wrote:
<quoted text> DUH. Not in today's numbers, just like autism. ADHD isn't listed in the bible or aspergers. What did they call it back then heathenism? Besides, humans have always had a sour relationship with heavy metals, and in ancient times we cooked and stored food in crude clay and metal pots and made a stored wine in clay and wood, leaching out impurities that were consumed daily. Where do we get them today? In vaccine vials for one source.
Now call me crazy but the increase in incidences of transgender and autism could be caused by the increased knowledge and awaraness of the conditions as well as the rapidly increasing population.

Location hidden

#36 Dec 5, 2012
Judas Sex and Usury wrote:
<quoted text>
I respect and appreciate any glbt that understands and accepts marriage and parenting to belong exclusively to a man and a woman.
Happy holidays to you Terri and thank you for your service to this country.
So its ok to be trans or gay as long as we accept and acknowledge that we are unworthy of the level of respect and dignity and rights that you receive being straight?

I guess I served my country to allow straight people the right to discriminate against gay and trans people then. Even though I belong to this very group.

Location hidden

#37 Dec 5, 2012
Vaccines Transgender wrote:
<quoted text>No they don't SIFFER. To say transgenderism has no affect on daily living is ludicrous. To think a transgendered person does not struggle with this issue shows friend is short sighted and a few other derogatory things. To criticize a plausible explanation shows friend is a naysayer, dogmatic, and insensitive. It must suck to be her, because she just sounds like a terrible person.
I dont suffer. I know love and acceptance in my life. I have wonderful friends and just graduated from an RN program. My life is good. As for vaccines. I have yet to see peer reviewed studies that have tests that can be repeated. I have also seen little to support your claims in my studies.
Vaccines Transgenderism

Winnipeg, Canada

#38 Dec 5, 2012
Roisia wrote:
<quoted text>
Now call me crazy but the increase in incidences of transgender and autism could be caused by the increased knowledge and awaraness of the conditions as well as the rapidly increasing population.
Nonsense. you are gullible

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#39 Dec 5, 2012
Duh Moment wrote:
<quoted text>Argue all you want, it isn't evidence.
Mercury causes homosexuality in male Ibises http://www.nature.com/news/2011/101201/full/n...
http://www.safeminds.org/mercury/biological-p...
http://www.huffintonpost.com/deidre-imas/coul... ANYONE can search vaccines and endocrine disruption, or aluminum, mercury or formaldehyde and endocrine disruption. ONLY friend can't. Instead she'll blah blah a bunch of nonsense off the top of her head and call it proof.
Fearmongering, the last effort of the scam artist. So, what product are you selling? Herbal crap?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#40 Dec 5, 2012
<quoted text> Nonsense. you are gullible
Stop projecting. The rise in autism has been demonstrated to be caused by better detection methods and awareness, and not by using that lame correlation to causation fallacy you like.

There is no increase in the population of transgendered people, we are just more aware of them now because of the information age making it easier for them to speak up, and more of them coming out of the closet as a result of seeing a need to push for better treatment and protections.

If you weren't so much of an idiot you'd have noticed that transgendered people have been around you your entire life, they aren't new, it's one of the oldest traits we have seen in all life actually, and it's likely because the binary gender system is not only relatively new to life on this planet, it's also highly unstable.

Location hidden

#41 Dec 5, 2012
<quoted text> Nonsense. you are gullible
Oh god I cant beleive i didnt see this before. Here I am asking for proof and all you have to say is your gullible and that proves me wrong.

Seriously. If you want to be taken seriously then provide the studies I have asked for. Scientific Peer reviewed studies that can be reproduced.
Duh Moment

Winnipeg, Canada

#42 Dec 5, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Fearmongering, the last effort of the scam artist. So, what product are you selling? Herbal crap?
Where have I offered anything for sale? Where have I scammed anyone? If you're looking for a scam, then believe it when they say vaccines are safer and side effects are rare and mild. Vaccine side effects have changed the world they are so massive.
Duh Moment

Winnipeg, Canada

#43 Dec 5, 2012
Roisia wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh god I cant beleive i didnt see this before. Here I am asking for proof and all you have to say is your gullible and that proves me wrong.
Seriously. If you want to be taken seriously then provide the studies I have asked for. Scientific Peer reviewed studies that can be reproduced.
No one will do the studies. Do you think government that protects Pharma will do them, or Pharma itself? Who's left? Anyone who does them will feel backlash that will include personal and professional asassination from government and medical authorities. The only studies offered are bought and paid for by government and Pharma. Guess what conclusions they find? For decades parents and autism support groups have asked for studies, and have gotten zero studies from government.
Duh Moment

Winnipeg, Canada

#44 Dec 5, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop projecting. The rise in autism has been demonstrated to be caused by better detection methods and awareness, and not by using that lame correlation to causation fallacy you like.
There is no increase in the population of transgendered people, we are just more aware of them now because of the information age making it easier for them to speak up, and more of them coming out of the closet as a result of seeing a need to push for better treatment and protections.
If you weren't so much of an idiot you'd have noticed that transgendered people have been around you your entire life, they aren't new, it's one of the oldest traits we have seen in all life actually, and it's likely because the binary gender system is not only relatively new to life on this planet, it's also highly unstable.
Blah Blah, where are the peer reviewed studies that prove that? Two can play that game.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#45 Dec 5, 2012
You're the one who came yet to another topic spamming vaccine-cause.
You back up your claim and make sure they're peer reviewed studies about transgender. Autism is off topic to this article.
Vaccines Caused wrote:
Its likely caused by vaccine ingredients aluminum, mercury and formaldehyde, each one being genotoxic, neurotoxic, mutogenic and endocrine didruptors. The endocrine system controls male-femaleness. Injecting these poisons into babies cannot end well.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#47 Dec 6, 2012
Your grammatical construction tells me that English is not your first langauge! So what is, Israeli, Farsi, which? If I'm right you're a muslim or a deeply religious jew, either of whom is stuck on the Old Testament (Without tour head coverings, you're virtually indistinguishable) Well, Mofred, I hate to tell you this, but we don't have to have your permission to do it. Fortunately, Sharia law has not replaced the Constitution. Mob opinions have not replaced science or settled law and are not likely to in the foreseeable future. Screw you!
Regards, Terri
mofred wrote:
youtube.com/watch?v=aZaxo6mqKv A I never beleive its a disorder it a choice of sexual choice?
I dont beleive anything else

Since: Mar 07

United States

#49 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text> They wanted to make mourning as is mourning a death a mental health label even though its natural, understandable and temporary. Its more about making money prescribing pharma. They label autism a mental illness but ignore the physical illness vaccines cause that result in the autism. They are quacks plain + simple.
People mourn. But when healthy mourning goes beyond the normal, into depression and other mental issues that destroy one's life, they have a good point.

And, there is NO evidence whatsoever that vaccines cause autism.

Find some, and then make claims.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ukip candidate: 'Gay donkey tried to rape my ho... 4 min Reverend Alan 48
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 9 min Reverend Alan 6,082
ACLU sues to allow gay club in Indiana school 13 min RalphB 23
ACLU sues to allow gay club in Indiana school 16 min Rick in Kansas 47
The NE Jade Christmas Day Thread 40 min Boris 2
Pastors opposed to gay marriage swear off all c... 47 min Rick in Kansas 57
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 1 hr hal 26,909
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 2 hr jcofe 5,172
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 3 hr KiMare 3,027
Florida clerks won't give gays marriage licenses 10 hr NorCal Native 21
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 15 hr Poopdeck Pappy 68,588
More from around the web