Mark Regnerus Admits Parenting Study ...

Mark Regnerus Admits Parenting Study Doesn’t Prove What He Claims

There are 40 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Oct 30, 2012, titled Mark Regnerus Admits Parenting Study Doesn’t Prove What He Claims . In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

Mark Regnerus’ study into “family structure” appears to have been heavily riddled with several ethical issues. In fact, Regnerus’ study has been condemned repeatedly in various spots thanks to his conclusions that children are harmed if they are raised by same-sex parents even thought his entire point was never that. In fact, an internal audit by the very academic journal that printed the study concluded that its conclusions were false.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chance

Grove City, PA

#22 Oct 30, 2012
Qwerty26 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now wait just a second here. Who exactly is falsely touting Regnerus' conclusions to their benefit? The people who paid him to do the study - namely NOM and their incestuous related organizations - they are the ones who put the incorrect spin on the study. They are the ones holding up this "study" as proof that gays and lesbians are less fit parents. They are the ones who proudly held up their ill-founded misread conclusions as "academic proof." Let's put the credit for misusing his study in the right place.
I suggest you document what you said. I find no indications on the internet that what you say is true.
Legal Department

Saint Paul, MN

#23 Oct 30, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
You simply can't define as gay (as Regenrus does in his survey parameters) anyone who has ever had samesex experiences.
That would mean that over 70% of the population is gay.
That is only one of the many problems with the Regnerus survey protocols and methodologies.
Another set of inaccuracies is confusing the noises made by various pundits and activists with any serious efforts against Regnerus and his "work".
The problems with Regnerus are with his methodolgy ... and obvioius bias.
A side problem is calling a badly designed survey and analysis as a "study".
All too common an occurrence.
Please.
Isn't everyone who opposes the homosexual agenda and the Homocrat party really actually one of you guys according to theory?
It's you homosexuals insisting that either everybody give you everything you demand right now or else your opponents are just stupid self-hating queers.

There has yet to be any scientific basis to discredit the work of Professor Regnerus or the findings of his study.

Normal people would do well to try to keep their kids away from queers and other government people.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#24 Oct 30, 2012
fr chance:

>... This is not a Regnerus admitting he's wrong...<

Yes, lil cupcake, your bff regnie IS admitting (finally), that he blew it, big time with his so-called "study".

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#25 Oct 30, 2012
"In summary, social science has shown that the concerns often raised about children of lesbian and gay parents—concerns that are generally grounded in prejudice against and stereotypes about gay people—are unfounded. Overall, the research indicates that the children of lesbian and gay parents do not differ markedly from the children of heterosexual parents in their development, adjustment, or overall well-being." - American Psychological Association

http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/sexual-orientat...
Typesetting Division2

Saint Paul, MN

#26 Oct 30, 2012
AscendedFalmer wrote:
"In summary, social science has shown that the concerns often raised about children of lesbian and gay parents—concerns that are generally grounded in prejudice against and stereotypes about gay people—are unfounded. Overall, the research indicates that the children of lesbian and gay parents do not differ markedly from the children of heterosexual parents in their development, adjustment, or overall well-being." - American Psychological Association
http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/sexual-orientat...
If queers are so normal, how come they whine so much?

Lililth_Satans_B ore

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#28 Oct 30, 2012
Typesetting Division2 wrote:
<quoted text>If queers are so normal, how come they whine so much?
go kill your bigot children...
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#29 Oct 30, 2012
A Watcher wrote:
The bottom line of the ground-breaking Regnerus study proves that kids are best kept away from queers.
Most people don't need a multi-million dollar study to inform their common sense.
Keep queers away from kids.
Duh.
Now who's spinning the bogus study? Did you even read the article? Did you miss this quote from Regnerus: "I’d be more careful about the language I used to describe people whose parents had same-sex relationships. I said “lesbian mothers” and “gay fathers,” when in fact, I don’t know about their sexual orientation;"

Besides, I doubt if you have the intellect or knowledge to determine whether a study is scientifically valid or not. ANYBODY with one class in research methods could see the flaws in Regnerus' bullshit.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#30 Oct 30, 2012
Legal Department wrote:
There has yet to be any scientific basis to discredit the work of Professor Regnerus or the findings of his study.
hahahahahahah
ahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahah

I bet you are proud of being uninformed, aren't you? Uninformed AND uneducated.....

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#31 Oct 30, 2012
Legal Department wrote:
<quoted text>Please.
Isn't everyone who opposes the homosexual agenda and the Homocrat party really actually one of you guys according to theory?
It's you homosexuals insisting that either everybody give you everything you demand right now or else your opponents are just stupid self-hating queers.
There has yet to be any scientific basis to discredit the work of Professor Regnerus or the findings of his study.
Normal people would do well to try to keep their kids away from queers and other government people.
People who make blanket statements and put an entire group of people into a single category show themselves for the idiots they are.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#32 Oct 31, 2012
Legal Department wrote:
<quoted text>Please.
Isn't everyone who opposes the homosexual agenda and the Homocrat party really actually one of you guys according to theory?
It's you homosexuals insisting that either everybody give you everything you demand right now or else your opponents are just stupid self-hating queers.
There has yet to be any scientific basis to discredit the work of Professor Regnerus or the findings of his study.
Normal people would do well to try to keep their kids away from queers and other government people.
First, it wasn't a "study". It was a survey questionnaire, and used inaccurate criteria in it's sample selection.

That's right from the beginning.

The problems with the Regnerus survey are in it's design, protocols and analysis.

NOBODY would spend the money or time to duplicate it.

He knows better.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#34 Oct 31, 2012
A Watcher wrote:
<quoted text>Those attacking Prof. Regnerus and his work are only continuing to dis-credit themselves, due to their self-interested political and financial motivations.
....
You are a bit confused.

Regnerus himself was paid to create a slanted study to foster the views of those who paid him do create it, and yes, they keep discrediting themselves due to their self-interested political and financial motivations.

Pointing out all of the flaws in the "study" is simply common sense at work.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#35 Oct 31, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahahahahah
ahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahah
I bet you are proud of being uninformed, aren't you? Uninformed AND uneducated.....
You beat me to it.:P

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#36 Oct 31, 2012
Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you document what you said. I find no indications on the internet that what you say is true.
You are quite the blind one then.

“Where's my fairy wand!”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

#37 Oct 31, 2012
Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
Read my post above. You still don't understand what is going on here.
I understand that the man was paid to do a study and was paid to reach a specific result. His work was ripped to shreds and despite his claim to be "standing behind his result", he even admits there were flaws.

There were a TON of flaws and he can choose to only admit to this one or that one but when his study was peer reviewed it was determined that his study's conclusions were fake.

He can claim anything he wants but he admitted there were some flaws. If he can stand by his results I can stand by mine.

When their own hired gun scientists admit they screwed up it's time to these zealots to throw in the towel.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#38 Oct 31, 2012
Typesetting Division2 wrote:
<quoted text>If queers are so normal, how come they whine so much?
because people like you make stereotypes about them and call them queer.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#39 Oct 31, 2012
A Watcher wrote:
<quoted text>Those attacking Prof. Regnerus and his work are only continuing to dis-credit themselves, due to their self-interested political and financial motivations.

As if most thinking people aren't onto the fact queers lie and need to perpetrate and propagate frauds to advance their agenda.

The queers are only bringing increasing light and scrutiny to their shady pseudo-scientific studies meant only to advance political agendas and secure government funding.

The frauds lying for queers is in the tens-of-billions.
And that's a perfectly valid OPINION.

Those suppprting Prof. Regnerus and his work are only continuing to dis-credit themselves, due to their self-interested political and financial motivations.

As if most thinking people aren't onto the fact that Christian/Conservitaves lie and need to perpetrate and propagate frauds to advance their agenda.

The Christian/Conservatives are only bringing increasing light and scrutiny to their shady pseudo-scientific studies meant only to advance political agendas and secure government funding.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#40 Oct 31, 2012
Chance wrote:
<quoted text>I suggest you document what you said. I find no indications on the internet that what you say is true.

Looks like the pot is calling the kettle black. Care to showe some documentation for your claims?
John

Aliquippa, PA

#45 Nov 1, 2012
AscendedFalmer wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like the pot is calling the kettle black. Care to showe some documentation for your claims?
Chance's documentation was in the article itself. Read his quotes, without bias if you can.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#46 Nov 1, 2012
This is from the real interview, cut and dry.

" I take pains in the study to say this is not about saying gay or lesbian parents are inherently bad. It is not a study about parenting or parenthood, or parenting practices. I didn’t measure parenting practices. " - Mark Regenerus

"I’d be more careful about the language I used to describe people whose parents had same-sex relationships. I said “lesbian mothers” and “gay fathers,” when in fact, I don’t know about their sexual orientation." - Mark Regenerus

"There were two cases where they said the mom and her partner lived together for 18 years. There was another several who lived together for 15 or 13 years."

That last one is particularly condemning. There's a big difference between a stable same-sex relationship and unfaithful bisexuals.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#47 Nov 1, 2012
AscendedFalmer wrote:
This is from the real interview, cut and dry.
" I take pains in the study to say this is not about saying gay or lesbian parents are inherently bad. It is not a study about parenting or parenthood, or parenting practices. I didn’t measure parenting practices. " - Mark Regenerus
"I’d be more careful about the language I used to describe people whose parents had same-sex relationships. I said “lesbian mothers” and “gay fathers,” when in fact, I don’t know about their sexual orientation." - Mark Regenerus
"There were two cases where they said the mom and her partner lived together for 18 years. There was another several who lived together for 15 or 13 years."
That last one is particularly condemning. There's a big difference between a stable same-sex relationship and unfaithful bisexuals.
The first problem with his survey sample parameters is that he defines gay and lesbian ANYONE who has ever participated in homoeroticism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lyft driver in Indianapolis orders gay couple o... 10 min Gremlin 37
Jade NE 10 min Frankie Rizzo 9
News Gay Kentucky man loses bid to challenge GOP cle... 14 min Frankie Rizzo 7
News The Latest: Gay man loses bid to challenge Ky. ... 33 min Gremlin 1
News Kim Davis challenger: Man whose marriage licens... 39 min Gremlin 17
News State investigation reveals discrimination at O... 51 min Gremlin 5
News MSU Gets Anonymous $1 Million Gift For Gay Center (Jul '14) 54 min Guy 46
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 61,678