Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of G...

Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage

There are 3875 comments on the EDGE story from Jun 15, 2014, titled Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage. In it, EDGE reports that:

For foes of same-sex marriage, their losing streak keeps growing. Some sense a lost cause, others vow to fight on.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#2646 Jul 24, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Sheeples considers this a football game with SSM vs. Polygamy. With a winner and a loser. If SSM wins, polygamy must lose. Of course in reality they both should win, it is not a game or a competition it is peoples lives and pursuit of happiness.
Sheeple says polygamy has nothing to do with SSM, then he says every time SSM wins, polygamy loses. This is contradictory of course he just said they have nothing to do with each other, but it's OK because he's gay. Hey that rhymes. It's OK 'cause he's gay!
So sheeple's position is that polygamy has nothing to do with SSM but everytime SSM has a victory, polygamy gets a slap in the face anyway (even though it has nothing to do with SSM, they just slap polygamy for the hell of it I guess.)
Ah good times.
Polygamy loses every time precisely BECAUSE it has nothing to do with same-sex couples marrying. That's why the courts have repeatedly rejected the anti-gays claims that polygamy must be allowed if same-sex couples can marry.

Polygamists are going to have to do their own work if they wish to succeed. Just as we had to do our own work and not just ride on the backs of court rulings overturning bans on inter-racial marriages. It took our community decades to realize that.

You're making the same mistake we made, but of course you can't see that. Which is another reason polygamy will remain illegal for the foreseeable future.

But on the plus side, you can continue to whine about it on Topix to your heart's content.

Tawas City, Michigan

#2647 Jul 24, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheeple says all my "whining" here didn't do a thing to legalize polygamy implying what, I don't know. I suppose that his whining works but mine doesn't when in fact his whining is about as ineffective as mine.
I hold no illusions I am going to make polygamy legal by posting to a dimwit like sheeples on Topix. I simply want to discuss it in relation to marriage equality for SSM.
"SSM wins case after case and polygamy gets slapped in the face! Every win for SSM is a slap in the face for polygamy!" The lad's spun out. I have reduced him to a babbling idiot. At least he's off that mean spirited nasty "mass child rape" schtick. That was in extremely poor taste. Accuse good people seeking the pursuit of happiness just like him of "mass 13 year old girl rape made legal"
Also a favorite of Sheeple is equating polygamists with the "ANTI-GAYS". Most polygamists support same sex marriage, they are not the dreaded ANTI GAYS.
Ah good times.
My pursuit of happiness have nothing to do with 13 y/o children. But as we see in every polygamous society on the planet, their pursuit of happiness DOES rely on "marrying" 13 y/o girls.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2648 Jul 24, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think I'm just sitting on the sidelines? I've actively lobbied both politicians & friends & neighbors etc, as well as donated financially to the cause. My husband & I tried to join the Michigan case, but their counsel felt it was better to limit the case to the one couple due to the unique circumstances. Turns out he was right, as both the adoption ban AND the marriage ban were overturned.
Unlike Frankie who admits he has no intention of actually doing anything other than sitting in front of his keyboard pounding away.
Please show me the part of Topix TOS that says you cannot discuss something that you are not actively doing. I am on a forum about travel to Mars. No one sh!ts bricks that I am not actually traveling to Mars!

Why do you do that? Because you have no argument and you're frustrated and wish I would stop reminding everyone that you have no argument. Well tough luck Bozo, I am allowed to mention polygamy even if it doesn't fit your agenda.

You seem to have trouble ignoring my posts. Ah good times.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2649 Jul 24, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the anti-gays have brought up polygamy in nearly EVERY one of these cases. And the judges appropriately bitch-slapped them for doing so.
Judges can't rule on something that's not before them Bozo. No one is "bitch slapping" polygamy in a case about SSM. This is not us vs them. Both SSM and polygamy can and should win.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2650 Jul 24, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not just you, NO ONE is working to make it legal.
That's the point you continually miss.
NO ONE, not even actual polygamists seem to care enough to do the work necessary to make it legal to marry more than one person at a time.
That's certainly their/your choice, but that's why polygamy will remain illegal. These laws don't get magically changed all by themselves.
That's irrelevant!

Polygamy should be illegal because no one is working to make it legal. Priceless.

You're either lying or ignorant or both. People do want poly legalized Bozo. You can't simply declare no one wants it! What an arrogant dope!

Even if no one wants it (crazy bullsh!t) the choice should still be there. Why are you anti-choice? I am pro choice.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2651 Jul 24, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Polygamy loses every time
Please list recent court cases where polygamy "loses every time" you lying sack of sh!t. How can it lose every time when you swear no one is bringing it to court?

So what is it liar? No one works to legalize it or it "loses everytime" some one tries to legalize it? Can't be both. One is a lie. Which one?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2652 Jul 24, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
My pursuit of happiness have nothing to do with 13 y/o children. But as we see in every polygamous society on the planet, their pursuit of happiness DOES rely on "marrying" 13 y/o girls.
Consenting adult polygamy has nothing to do with 13 year old children either. That's your hate, ignorance and bigotry speaking.

What don't you understand about "consenting adults" Bozo? Maybe I can help you out.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Horus

New York, NY

#2653 Jul 24, 2014
WeTheSheeple [homopedo] is kinda dense, and always referring to children. Children always on his mind. I wonder if he is registered sex offender? Lurking and jerking in the bushes at playgrounds. Rummaging around in trash cans and dumpsters for soiled diapers??

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2654 Jul 24, 2014
Horus wrote:
WeTheSheeple [homopedo] is kinda dense, and always referring to children. Children always on his mind. I wonder if he is registered sex offender? Lurking and jerking in the bushes at playgrounds. Rummaging around in trash cans and dumpsters for soiled diapers??
Yes. Creeple is very creepy, most of his arguments have "13 year old children" at their center.
He says polygamy should stay illegal because consenting adult polygamists are 13 year old children. He really likes that age (13), they're always 13 years old.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2655 Jul 24, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Polygamists enjoy all the same rights as I do.
No they don't. They cannot marry the consenting adults who want to marry them, and if they do, they could go to prison.

I remember when they said homosexuals have the same right as anyone else to marry someone of the opposite sex. It's bogus. Why do you think it's not valid when used against SSM but is valid when used against other marriages? Are you stupid?

Bogus when used against you, bogus when used against me Squeaky. Eat some brain food maybe dummy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tawas City, Michigan

#2657 Jul 24, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Please show me the part of Topix TOS that says you cannot discuss something that you are not actively doing. I am on a forum about travel to Mars. No one sh!ts bricks that I am not actually traveling to Mars!
Why do you do that? Because you have no argument and you're frustrated and wish I would stop reminding everyone that you have no argument. Well tough luck Bozo, I am allowed to mention polygamy even if it doesn't fit your agenda.
You seem to have trouble ignoring my posts. Ah good times.
That was a direct response to an accusation I didn't do anything to bring about marriage equality for same-sex couples.

You can whine to your heart's content. My only point was your whining isn't going to do anything other than take up space on this thread.

Tawas City, Michigan

#2658 Jul 24, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Judges can't rule on something that's not before them Bozo. No one is "bitch slapping" polygamy in a case about SSM. This is not us vs them. Both SSM and polygamy can and should win.
The anti-gays DID bring it before the judges in nearly EVERY case, claiming as you do that if same-sex couples can marry them polygamists must be allowed to marry as well.

Polygamy may be able to win, but so far it certainly hasn't.

Perhaps if the polygamists used other advocates in court besides the anti-gays, then you'd have a better shot at winning. But again you can't seem to find any actual polygamists who care enough to bother.

If they don't care, why should anyone else?

Tawas City, Michigan

#2659 Jul 24, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's irrelevant!
Polygamy should be illegal because no one is working to make it legal. Priceless.
You're either lying or ignorant or both. People do want poly legalized Bozo. You can't simply declare no one wants it! What an arrogant dope!
Even if no one wants it (crazy bullsh!t) the choice should still be there. Why are you anti-choice? I am pro choice.
Again, I'll repeat what I said in plain language with added emphasis in capital letters because you're obviously too stupid to comprehend it:

I didn't say polygamy SHOULD be illegal because no one is working to make it legal. I said polygamy WILL remain illegal because no one cares enough to work to make it legal.

A few people may WANT polygamy to be legal, but since they're all like you and not actually willing to do the work necessary, polygamy will REMAIN illegal.

Tawas City, Michigan

#2660 Jul 24, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Please list recent court cases where polygamy "loses every time" you lying sack of sh!t. How can it lose every time when you swear no one is bringing it to court?
So what is it liar? No one works to legalize it or it "loses everytime" some one tries to legalize it? Can't be both. One is a lie. Which one?
Except of course it CAN be both.

No one is doing the work necessary to legalize polygamy, they are simply attempting to get the courts to legalize it along with same-sex marriage.

And every federal court to rule since the DOMA decision last year has bitch-slapped them for even attempting such a nonsense ploy.

Tawas City, Michigan

#2661 Jul 24, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Consenting adult polygamy has nothing to do with 13 year old children either. That's your hate, ignorance and bigotry speaking.
What don't you understand about "consenting adults" Bozo? Maybe I can help you out.
There's your problem- the polygamists don't limit themselves to just consenting adults. Forced child brides are endemic in polygamist cultures. What makes you think if we legalize polygamy they're suddenly going to stop marrying children, especially when you just made it legal?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2662 Jul 24, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a direct response to an accusation I didn't do anything to bring about marriage equality for same-sex couples.
You can whine to your heart's content. My only point was your whining isn't going to do anything other than take up space on this thread.
I am not whining, you are.

Your "only point" changes from post to post.

In the travel to Mars forum no one sh!ts bricks because you talk about traveling to Mars without actually traveling to Mars. Go over there and tell them to stop whining about traveling to Mars cause they ain't traveling to Mars. That'd be fun. Good trolling! Nerds.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tawas City, Michigan

#2663 Jul 24, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Creeple is very creepy, most of his arguments have "13 year old children" at their center.
He says polygamy should stay illegal because consenting adult polygamists are 13 year old children. He really likes that age (13), they're always 13 years old.
I bring it up because legalizing polygamy would legalize marriage to multiple 13 y/o girls.

I oppose that.

Why do you support that?

You can't limit polygamists to just adults while allowing it in a monogamous couple, because that would be discrimination.

Why do you support children as young as 13 y/o being forced into polygamous marriages?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2664 Jul 24, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Except of course it CAN be both.
No one is doing the work necessary to legalize polygamy, they are simply attempting to get the courts to legalize it along with same-sex marriage.
And every federal court to rule since the DOMA decision last year has bitch-slapped them for even attempting such a nonsense ploy.
Post these "bitch slaps" please. How about a video? That'd be fun.

You enjoy seeing people striving for marriage equality just like you did being bitch slapped,eh.? Why?

I doubt if any judge "bitch slapped" anyone's marriage b!tch. Prove it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tawas City, Michigan

#2665 Jul 24, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No they don't. They cannot marry the consenting adults who want to marry them, and if they do, they could go to prison.
I remember when they said homosexuals have the same right as anyone else to marry someone of the opposite sex. It's bogus. Why do you think it's not valid when used against SSM but is valid when used against other marriages? Are you stupid?
Bogus when used against you, bogus when used against me Squeaky. Eat some brain food maybe dummy.
Of course they can, they can marry any consenting adult who wants to marry them, just as I can, one at a time.

And we DID have the same right as everyone else to marry someone of the opposite sex.

Of course we ALSO had the same right as everyone else to marry someone of the SAME sex, though we had to go to court in many cases to be able to exercise that right.

No one has established a right to marry multiple people at once exists. IF they do, then that right will apply to everyone equally as well- whether they are polygamists or monogamists or gay or straight.

Yes, we're all treated the equally under the law, even when we're equally discriminated against as with the bans on same-sex couples marrying.

Tawas City, Michigan

#2666 Jul 24, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not whining, you are.
Your "only point" changes from post to post.
In the travel to Mars forum no one sh!ts bricks because you talk about traveling to Mars without actually traveling to Mars. Go over there and tell them to stop whining about traveling to Mars cause they ain't traveling to Mars. That'd be fun. Good trolling! Nerds.
Awww, another failed analogy.

How cute.

The obvious difference is they would be speculating about travel to Mars which NO ONE has EVER done, while you admit you're simply trolling about something which millions of people HAVE done.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Reading series teaches students about inclusion 4 min NOM s Waffle House 15
News Anthony Rapp, Wilson Cruz On Star Trek's First ... 10 min NOM s Waffle House 73
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 20 min We the LGBT 17,315
News A Gay Couple's Guide to 5 Great Things To Do In... 24 min Francisco Salvato... 6
News Gay rights debate reaches Lancaster Mennonites 41 min Gremlin 20
News Police: Kenyan Catholic priest arrested for sodomy 1 hr LGBT Logic 14
News Former OKC Mayor blames homosexuality for moral... 1 hr NOM s Waffle House 566
News Gay Cakes Are Not a Constitutional Right 1 hr Lawrence Wolf 828
News UKIP councillor links drug and anti-social beha... 1 hr Gremlin 6
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 18 hr GodSmacked 27,290
More from around the web