Maryland Gay Marriage Could Hinge on Black Churches

There are 20 comments on the The Skanner story from Mar 1, 2012, titled Maryland Gay Marriage Could Hinge on Black Churches. In it, The Skanner reports that:

With Maryland poised to legalize gay marriage, some conservative opponents and religious leaders are counting on members of their congregations, especially in black churches, to upend the legislation at the polls this fall.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Skanner.

“SCOTUS will Rule in June for”

Since: Aug 08

MARRIAGE EQUALITY:-)

#9625 Jan 2, 2013
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
In strictly general terms, children do better with both a mother and father. Men and women are different and express love and discipline in different, complimentary ways.
Whatever......just another idiot bigot who believe their way is the right way!!!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#9626 Jan 3, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
We DON'T agree on anything....there is NO HARM being done to a child that doesn't have either a Mother or a Father.
Don't you think your mother taught you things about being a woman your father couldn't? Do you believe your father provided and cared for you in ways your mother couldn't? If you had it to do over again, would you have preferred being raised by two women without a father or by two men without a mother?

#9627 Jan 3, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you think your mother taught you things about being a woman your father couldn't? Do you believe your father provided and cared for you in ways your mother couldn't? If you had it to do over again, would you have preferred being raised by two women without a father or by two men without a mother?
Sorry Brian, you make grave ASSumptions that you are truly clueless about.

In spite of the parents I had.........I grew-up NOTHING like either of them........and I am extremely grateful for that!!!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#9628 Jan 3, 2013
I never claimed NorCal Native grew up like her parents; I just asked a question. You can read in her post above; she hasn't given an answer.

“You wish you were here!!”

Since: May 09

The OC

#9629 Jan 3, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever......just another idiot bigot who believe their way is the right way!!!
No its actually common knowledge. I know you some people want our world to be gender neutral but the truth is men and women are different. Understanding and acknowledging that doesn't make me any kind of a bigot.

Why do you find that so offensive and need to resort to cheap name calling?

#9630 Jan 3, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
I never claimed NorCal Native grew up like her parents; I just asked a question. You can read in her post above; she hasn't given an answer.
I gave you an answer, not one you wanted......again, you know nothing of my personal life or what my parents were like......DON'T ASSume that because I had a mother and father that they each taught me something the other couldn't........you'd be wrong!!!

#9631 Jan 3, 2013
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
No its actually common knowledge. I know you some people want our world to be gender neutral but the truth is men and women are different. Understanding and acknowledging that doesn't make me any kind of a bigot.
Why do you find that so offensive and need to resort to cheap name calling?
Gee, a smartazz mother "f" trying to tell me about Gender Differences.......no one is trying to make a world gender neutral.......but women should be able to do any job that they are qualify to do and get the same pay as a man, if they have the same experience.......but you want to force on the anatomy differences and the brain differences.....YIPPY for you!!!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#9632 Jan 3, 2013
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't cite because you seek to deceive. You know that if most readers were aware that this quote was from an extra-biblical, false gospel they would be reluctant to receive it.
This is a common tactic of those who post such texts.
You don't search because you seek ignorance instead. This is a common behavior of the indoctrinated.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#9633 Jan 3, 2013
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
So if children in kindergarten run into kids with two moms or dads or gay teachers then let them run into them. They can learn about their community that way. Is it really the goal of this coordinated curriculum to pre-introduce these kids to homosexual families so they don't get caught off-guard? That's ridiculous.
The goal of this curriculum is to systematically train these kids to grow up with a positive view of homosexuals. It starts in kindergarten and each year more and more materials are introduced.
It's the gay agenda in public schools straight up. Just admit it.
When I was growing up, there were no Asians to bump into in our town. There were no Native Americans to bump into in our town. There weren't even any Latinos to bump into in our town. And yet, we had proactive education about other races and cultures. We were purposefully introduced to other cultures to avoid the ignorance and the fear that accompanies ignorance.

There is no reason that gays should not receive the same acknowledgment in our schools. There is no reason a young questioning child should ever again wonder if he is the only one in the world.

The OC

#9634 Jan 3, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, a smartazz mother "f" trying to tell me about Gender Differences.......no one is trying to make a world gender neutral.......but women should be able to do any job that they are qualify to do and get the same pay as a man, if they have the same experience.......but you want to force on the anatomy differences and the brain differences.....YIPPY for you!!!
Uh oh...somebody gets a little wound up about women's issues I see.

Relax. No one is trying to favor men over women here. That is your issue.

The OC

#9635 Jan 3, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't search because you seek ignorance instead. This is a common behavior of the indoctrinated.
Sigh...I knew where that quote was from when I read it. I simply stated that Jesus never said such a thing because it is from a false gospel. I also asked that the poster cite it so other readers will know its source.

I have seen quotes from these "gospels" quoted many time here on Topix. Not once have I seen anyone cite them.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#9636 Jan 3, 2013
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
Sigh...I knew where that quote was from when I read it. I simply stated that Jesus never said such a thing because it is from a false gospel. I also asked that the poster cite it so other readers will know its source.
I have seen quotes from these "gospels" quoted many time here on Topix. Not once have I seen anyone cite them.
What makes you think it is false? You can't prove that.

Here is the link. Compare and contrast this with the other Gospels. I think you will be amazed.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/thomas.htm

The OC

#9637 Jan 3, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was growing up, there were no Asians to bump into in our town. There were no Native Americans to bump into in our town. There weren't even any Latinos to bump into in our town. And yet, we had proactive education about other races and cultures. We were purposefully introduced to other cultures to avoid the ignorance and the fear that accompanies ignorance.
There is no reason that gays should not receive the same acknowledgment in our schools. There is no reason a young questioning child should ever again wonder if he is the only one in the world.
But there is a reason. Asian, Native American, and Latino are all defined by race and culture. Gay is defined by who you prefer to have sex with. For many, especially religious minded people, this same-sex activity is immoral. I am sure you strongly disagree with that position and are even offended that some people hold it. But that doesn't give you the right to teach these people's kids your ideas about sexuality.

One's race or ethnicity is quite different that one's sexual conduct and feelings.

#9638 Jan 3, 2013
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh oh...somebody gets a little wound up about women's issues I see.
Relax. No one is trying to favor men over women here. That is your issue.
Actually you be wrong......I'm all about GENDER EQUALITY where ever it can take place!!!

Yea, just like no one favors heterosexuality of being Gay or Lesbian, right?

The OC

#9639 Jan 3, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you be wrong......I'm all about GENDER EQUALITY where ever it can take place!!!
Yea, just like no one favors heterosexuality of being Gay or Lesbian, right?
Gosh who isn't for gender equality.

#9640 Jan 4, 2013
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh who isn't for gender equality.
Believe it or not......there are many who don't!!!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#9641 Jan 4, 2013
The Equal Rights Amendment failed ratification by the states and the time is up. There is no gender equality right in the Constitution.

Canada, The Netherlands, Spain, South Africa, Belgium, Sweden and Portugal all have explicit gender equality rights in their founding legal documents; they also have same sex marriage.

#9642 Jan 4, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
The Equal Rights Amendment failed ratification by the states and the time is up. There is no gender equality right in the Constitution.
Canada, The Netherlands, Spain, South Africa, Belgium, Sweden and Portugal all have explicit gender equality rights in their founding legal documents; they also have same sex marriage.
Your point? or are ya just posting because ya need the points today?

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#9643 Jan 4, 2013
The government does not give rights. It restricts and defines rights. Any right not restricted or otherwise defined, remains a right. Failure of the ERA does not mean women do not have equal rights.

The constitution requires equal treatment of "all persons". It makes no longer recognizes any exceptions. The gender distinction for the right to vote was eliminated by the 14th amendment.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#9644 Jan 4, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
Your point? or are ya just posting because ya need the points today?
I've got all the game points I need today.

If you don't get the point, that's your problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 8 Shocking Statements Opponents Of Marriage Equ... 4 min NorCal Native 87
News Oregon panel considers bill banning 'gay conver... 4 min Wall 69
News Gay marriage foe's argument seems to leave Supr... 7 min NorCal Native 113
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 11 min Rick in Kansas 20,668
News Josh Duggar: Christians who aren't allowed to d... 11 min Tazo 20
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 12 min Nine Ball 59,582
What Brand Enema Does NE Jade Use? 14 min YoMaMa 4
Are the mods fair and balanced? 31 min Frankie Rizzo 827
More from around the web