Maryland Gay Marriage Could Hinge on Black Churches

Mar 1, 2012 Full story: The Skanner 9,656

With Maryland poised to legalize gay marriage, some conservative opponents and religious leaders are counting on members of their congregations, especially in black churches, to upend the legislation at the polls this fall.

Full Story

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#9603 Jan 1, 2013
bourobou prince wrote:
<quoted text>You don't condemn the GAY marriage because you take the GOD's precepts as a fantasy,a delusion.
um... which 'god' are you referring to in your post?

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#9604 Jan 1, 2013
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>

The goal of this curriculum is to systematically train these kids to grow up with a positive view of homosexuals.
and, in your eyes this is bad, right? that sounds like an awfully unchristian attitude to me.

“You wish you were here!!”

Since: May 09

The OC

#9605 Jan 1, 2013
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
and, in your eyes this is bad, right? that sounds like an awfully unchristian attitude to me.
Weeeebs! So nice of you to drop in brother.

You are asking the wrong question. The issue is not if its bad or good. The issue is it the role of a public school system.

Now I know in your uber-liberal, communist-leaning cerebral cortex you think its a wonderful thing and certainly the role of a public school or any other institution that can get your enlightened ideology out to the masses. Free thinking societies just produce backward leaning nubs like me. Am I wrong?

God help you when the other team gets in power.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#9606 Jan 2, 2013
Every child raised by a same sex couple is raised without either a mother or a father. If that's not harm, what is?

“Equality for ALL”

Since: Jul 10

Massachusetts

#9607 Jan 2, 2013
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
Here...I cut out the extraneous parts so my point wouldn't get buried.
Thanks for being honest.
You must work for Fox news because that is NOT the only thing I posted. Like fox, you selectively edited out the rest of the sentence. Actively teaching about LGBT issues is also good for the students, the community, the state, the country, the world. That you don't agree is plainly evident. The problem with your solution, the results are only good for you and people that think like you -- ignorance.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#9608 Jan 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Every child raised by a same sex couple is raised without either a mother or a father. If that's not harm, what is?
Every child raised by a single/widowed woman is raised without a father, likewise every child raised by a single/widower man is raised without a mother.......are those children harmed? or just those raised by Same-Sex parents?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#9609 Jan 2, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
Every child raised by a single/widowed woman is raised without a father, likewise every child raised by a single/widower man is raised without a mother.......are those children harmed?
You don't think the death of a child's mother or father is harm? How do you define harm?

NorCal Native wrote:
or just those raised by Same-Sex parents?
No, many same sex couples are great parents, but that doesn't change the fact the child is deprived of a mother or father.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#9610 Jan 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>You don't think the death of a child's mother or father is harm? How do you define harm?
<quoted text>No, many same sex couples are great parents, but that doesn't change the fact the child is deprived of a mother or father.
Depends on when the death of the parent happened and it's not harm in the way you were making your claim against Gay and Lesbian Parents!!!

Again, many children are deprived of a mother or father........you want to see the harm in one, but not the other.......and you'd be wrong in your assessment!!!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#9611 Jan 2, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
Depends on when the death of the parent happened and it's not harm in the way you were making your claim against Gay and Lesbian Parents!!!
I'm making no claims against gay and lesbian parents; there is nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality.

NorCal Native wrote:
Again, many children are deprived of a mother or father........you want to see the harm in one, but not the other.......and you'd be wrong in your assessment!!!
A child deprived of a mother or father is harmed, whether the parent dies, deserts or is raised by a same sex couple. I've never claimed being raised by a same sex couple is the only way to harm a child.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#9612 Jan 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
I've never claimed being raised by a same sex couple is the only way to harm a child.
Well, yes, in a way you did.......now, you are backsliding because of my response overall.......but you do believe that a child raised in a Same-Sex household is being harmed because in your opinion they are being denied a father or a mother......and all I'm saying is many children are deprived a mother or a father for many reasons.......and they are not harmed like you believe they are!!!

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#9613 Jan 2, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, yes, in a way you did.......now, you are backsliding because of my response overall.......but you do believe that a child raised in a Same-Sex household is being harmed because in your opinion they are being denied a father or a mother......and all I'm saying is many children are deprived a mother or a father for many reasons.......and they are not harmed like you believe they are!!!
With around 100,000 children available for adoption who go without a home every year, living in institutions, group homes, and foster homes, many children live without any parents at all. Most of those were beaten, neglected, and abandoned by their straight parents, proving that having a mom and dad is no guarantee of success or even survival.

Additionally we know through science what observation of reality and common sense should tell us: it is the relationship between the child and parent that determines success. Gender is not the determining variable. While two good parents are better than one, there is no guarantee any child will have two good ones.

As you know, this irrational argument, appealing to the instinct to protect "the children", is just another smoke screen intended to justify discrimination.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#9614 Jan 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Why is this important. Gender is not important to Jesus.

28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Jesus said to them, "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter [the kingdom]."

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#9615 Jan 2, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
No, I've never claimed being raised by a same sex couple is the only way to harm a child. At least we agree, a child raised by a same sex couple is harmed by being deprived of a mother or a father.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#9616 Jan 2, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
Why is this important. Gender is not important to Jesus.
28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Jesus said to them, "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter [the kingdom]."
^^^^Religious nut!

If I were a same sex marriage supporter I'd point out L.'s religious beliefs have nothing to do with public policy.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#9617 Jan 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No, I've never claimed being raised by a same sex couple is the only way to harm a child. At least we agree, a child raised by a same sex couple is harmed by being deprived of a mother or a father.
Who is being deprived by gay marriage? They will have children with or without the state's sanction. Your argument is a fallacy.

The OC

#9618 Jan 2, 2013
DaveinMass wrote:
<quoted text>
You must work for Fox news because that is NOT the only thing I posted. Like fox, you selectively edited out the rest of the sentence. Actively teaching about LGBT issues is also good for the students, the community, the state, the country, the world. That you don't agree is plainly evident. The problem with your solution, the results are only good for you and people that think like you -- ignorance.
Uh...where did the Fox News thing come from?

I already repeatedly stated I agree that LGBT issues (hey...what about "Q"?) is a perfectly fine and necessary component of an education.

But we both know what is not what the curriculum for kindergartners is about...now don't we Dave?

Come on Dave. You need to come clean here. Stop pretending this is simply to educate.

You can admit it Dave. I won't tell anyone.

The OC

#9619 Jan 2, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus never said such nonsense. Perhaps you would be honest enough to cite this passage?

The OC

#9620 Jan 2, 2013
Oh you guys will love this article. There was this lesbian couple who got a sperm donor and had a baby. Then one of the ladies bailed and hooked up with a guy. The remaining mother couldn't afford to support the child so she sued the sperm donor for child support. Nice.

I think I will stick with support normal marriage and families. You guys have fun.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22552...

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#9621 Jan 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No, I've never claimed being raised by a same sex couple is the only way to harm a child. At least we agree, a child raised by a same sex couple is harmed by being deprived of a mother or a father.
We DON'T agree on anything....there is NO HARM being done to a child that doesn't have either a Mother or a Father.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#9622 Jan 2, 2013
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus never said such nonsense. Perhaps you would be honest enough to cite this passage?
Says you, the ignoramus, which is exactly why I didn't cite the source. Go fish. Perhaps you will learn from your experience.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 4 min Reverend Alan 2,217
Allowing Blood Donations From Gay Men Could Hel... 4 min WeTheSheeple 269
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 8 min DebraE 618
Gay Marriage and the Limits of Tradition 8 min WeTheSheeple 966
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 11 min have faith 50,010
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 12 min The_Box 3,445
US judge upholds state same-sex marriage ban, r... 18 min KiMare 987
Board member opposes teaching definition of gay 20 min TomInElPaso 96
State of Alaska defends gay-marriage ban 43 min Frankie Rizzo 72

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE