Maryland Gay Marriage Could Hinge on ...

Maryland Gay Marriage Could Hinge on Black Churches

There are 9647 comments on the The Skanner story from Mar 1, 2012, titled Maryland Gay Marriage Could Hinge on Black Churches. In it, The Skanner reports that:

With Maryland poised to legalize gay marriage, some conservative opponents and religious leaders are counting on members of their congregations, especially in black churches, to upend the legislation at the polls this fall.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Skanner.

“You wish you were here!!”

Since: May 09

The OC

#8473 Dec 1, 2012
Saudi Arabian wrote:
why do you have separate churches? a black and white churches?
We don't.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#8474 Dec 1, 2012
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't.
Actually in some areas we do have Churches that are separated by skin color!!!

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#8475 Dec 2, 2012
The question is, are we going to change the definition of marriage to: " encourage strong, committed relationships around the shared values of family, fidelity, and responsibility, with the help of friends, family, and the government,"

I say no. Marriage is already defined as male/female in every nation on Earth.

Nobody is trying to: "make laws that attack and demean such relationships, causing unjustified harm to those couples and their children." Polygamy is illegal under federal law; same sex marriage isn't. We're just protecting the male/female nature of marriage from your suit. We reject your proposal to redefine marriage out of some false sense of guilt or blind good intent.

There's nothing wrong with same sex marriage supporters or their ideas; but that doesn't make them right.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#8476 Dec 2, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
OK, let's run with your sexist constructs. You are functioning as a male doing exactly what male sexuality requires. You are attempting to assert your dominance by making false claims of male superiority.
I've never made any claim of 'male superiority'; I've made claims of male/female superiority. W.W. can't produce a single quote since I've never claimed males are superior to females because they aren't. The genders are different, not superior/inferior.

WasteWater wrote:
There are no such laws yet you continue to make post lies and propaganda in a feckless attempt to dominate.
The only one posting lies and propaganda is W.W.; the rest of us are arguing about same sex marriage. I'm against us, because of the falsehood in the quote above. Mistakes happen; everyone knows the facts of life. Only the truly perverse muck up social order out of hubris.

WasteWater wrote:
It only shows what a male chauvinistic pig you really are.
^^^I don't insult my political opponents with sexist accusations; this is where we differ.

The fact that men and women are different doesn't make us sexist. This is human nature, natural law. Whenever possible; man made law should be within the limits of social custom and norm, in order to limit restrictions on freedom. W.W. has the right to make false accusations but not the right to his own facts. Noting male/female differences and accommodating them in male/female marriage helps keep civilization going.

Isn't it best, when the call to the lifeboats comes, we want women and children first? Gender differences exist so custom and law reflects the fact.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#8477 Dec 2, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
Ever heard of fundamental rights? GLAD I COULD HELP
Gender equality isn't a fundamental right; sorry to burst your bubble. There is no right to gender equality in the Constitution.

Free speech, freedom of religion and the right to bear arms are fundamental rights. Marriage equality is bogus because men and women are different; not equal. Being different doesn't mean one is better, it just means the two are not the same.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#8478 Dec 2, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
Amendment 14 sec 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
Brian. Please note it says all citizens, which includes male, female, gay, lesbian, transgender, etc.
Sorry to inform you but this mean equal rights for all. There is no such thing as gender superiority.
GLAD I COULD HELP Jackass.
Right, section one applies to everyone but section two applies only to males; this proves the Constitution recognizes men and women are different and there is no gender equality right. You can tell this is so because section one refers to citizens and persons while section two refers to "male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States"

Due process is everybody's right; there is no right to gender equality. The ERA failed ratification because the states don't want same sex marriage. This is proved because every state with same sex marriage also ratified the Equal Rights Amendment.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#8479 Dec 2, 2012
Not Yet Equal wrote:
Amendment XIX
"The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of sex.
Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation."
^^^Note how the right cited above is limited to voting and nothing else. There is no gender equality right in the Constitution.
Bob

Seattle, WA

#8480 Dec 2, 2012
1. The devil is gay.

2. The demons are gay.

3. The bilderbergs are gay.

4. The masons are gay.

5. The members of bohemian grove are gay.

6. The illuminati is gay.

7. The antichrist will be gay.

Homosexuals are the enemies of GOD.
Bob

Seattle, WA

#8481 Dec 2, 2012
Not Yet Equal wrote:
Amendment XIX
"The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of sex.
Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation."
The devil is gay.

A. There are no children in hell.

B. There are no gays in heaven.

The gay is the enemy of GOD.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#8482 Dec 2, 2012
I reject Bob's posts above; there's nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality. That's no argument to redefine marriage.
Bob

Seattle, WA

#8483 Dec 2, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
I reject Bob's posts above; there's nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality. That's no argument to redefine marriage.
1. The devil is gay.

2. The demons are gay.

4. The masons are gay.

5 The members of bohemian grove are gay.

7 The antichrist will be gay.

They will all burn in hell for all eternity.

The gay is the cursed enemy of GOD.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#8484 Dec 2, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
The question is, are we going to change the definition of marriage to: " encourage strong, committed relationships around the shared values of family, fidelity, and responsibility, with the help of friends, family, and the government,"
Nobody is trying to: "make laws that attack and demean such relationships, causing unjustified harm to those couples and their children." Polygamy is illegal under federal law; same sex marriage isn't. We're just protecting the male/female nature of marriage from your suit. We reject your proposal to redefine marriage out of some false sense of guilt or blind good intent.
There's nothing wrong with same sex marriage supporters or their ideas; but that doesn't make them right.
You're not paying attention Brian.......YOU LOST AT THE BALLOT BOX THIS YEAR.......and now, 9 states and DC have Marriage Equality!!!

Things are changing and in reality marriage is not being redefined, it's just not being so exclusive!!!
Saudi Arabian

Northmead, Australia

#8485 Dec 2, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not paying attention Brian.......YOU LOST AT THE BALLOT BOX THIS YEAR.......and now, 9 states and DC have Marriage Equality!!!
Things are changing and in reality marriage is not being redefined, it's just not being so exclusive!!!
the so-called gay "marriage" will forever remain inferior to that of the heterosexual marriage.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#8486 Dec 2, 2012
Same sex marriage redefines marriage since everywhere law exists, marriage has always been male/female in all written law. Until the 21st Century, same sex marriage never existed in law. This last November was the first time voters have supported same sex marriage.

Keep marriage male/female because diversity is better than segregation.

“Equality for ALL”

Since: Jul 10

Massachusetts

#8487 Dec 2, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage redefines marriage since everywhere law exists, marriage has always been male/female in all written law. Until the 21st Century, same sex marriage never existed in law. This last November was the first time voters have supported same sex marriage.
Keep marriage male/female because diversity is better than segregation.
You contradict yourself.

Marriage cannot have always been between male/female if the voters have voted it in to include male/male and female/female as you state happened. And in some places where law exists, there can be more than one of either sex as well as some of those laws have for some time now allowed for the male/male, female/female combinations. You really need to keep up on current events.

And while it was never voted on in my state, Massachusetts, at the time marriage equality became the law, only those legislators that attempted to reinstate marriage discrimination were voted out at the next election. All those that favored equality kept their seats. The last governor's election in Massachusetts even had the republican candidate supporting marriage equality with a gay lt-gov running mate. So it is safe to say the people of Massachusetts have long supported same-sex civil marriage equality. It is only a few troglodytes that still yearn for the old ways.

Civil marriage diversity is better than segregation within the law.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#8488 Dec 2, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I've never made any claim of 'male superiority'; I've made claims of male/female superiority. W.W. can't produce a single quote since I've never claimed males are superior to females because they aren't. The genders are different, not superior/inferior.
<quoted text>The only one posting lies and propaganda is W.W.; the rest of us are arguing about same sex marriage. I'm against us, because of the falsehood in the quote above. Mistakes happen; everyone knows the facts of life. Only the truly perverse muck up social order out of hubris.
<quoted text>^^^I don't insult my political opponents with sexist accusations; this is where we differ.
The fact that men and women are different doesn't make us sexist. This is human nature, natural law. Whenever possible; man made law should be within the limits of social custom and norm, in order to limit restrictions on freedom. W.W. has the right to make false accusations but not the right to his own facts. Noting male/female differences and accommodating them in male/female marriage helps keep civilization going.
Isn't it best, when the call to the lifeboats comes, we want women and children first? Gender differences exist so custom and law reflects the fact.
Looks like you have no idea what your words actually mean. What an imbecile!!!

Location hidden

#8489 Dec 2, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
Great post Brian. Did you eat your smart pills this morning?

Location hidden

#8490 Dec 2, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
The devil is gay.

The gay is the enemy of GOD.
Looks like you must be gay then Bob.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#8491 Dec 2, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
You states: "I say no. Marriage is already defined as male/female in every nation on Earth."

You're LYING. Many countries do NOT define marriage as SOLELY a union between one male and one female.

You're LYING.

Location hidden

#8492 Dec 2, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
1. The devil is gay.
2. The demons are gay.
4. The masons are gay.
5 The members of bohemian grove are gay.
7 The antichrist will be gay.
They will all burn in hell for all eternity.
The gay is the cursed enemy of GOD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wtSVBTne-KYXX
ROTFLMAO

Nice rant Bob.

U MAD?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News This Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for being born gay 13 min NE Jade 70
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 22 min Arthur 26,533
Shout Out to Jade! 50 min NE Jade 5
News Getting used to gay unions 58 min NE Jade 2
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 59 min cpeter1313 14,263
News Herea s Harris Dickinsona s gay sex scene in ne... 3 hr Rubio s Foam Partays 5
News Staff had warned anti-LGBT lawmaker about affai... 3 hr The Worlds Bigges... 7
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 5 hr June VanDerMark 57,983
Roy Moore.....Just Another Hypocrite Wed GodSmacked 111
More from around the web